600 users online (77 members and 523 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Ricardo James, 40, Granite City, 31 Oct 2011

Thursday said they fear for the safety of Ricardo James, 40, whose two children were found abandoned in Granite City on Monday.

"He would never have left his kids," said James' sister, Donna Chaney of St. Louis.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1cmMCfyeY
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 05-07-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Changed state from IL to MO

Exclamation MO - Ricardo James, 40, St. Louis, 31 Oct 2011

ST. LOUIS > Missing father sought

Relatives said Thursday they fear for the safety of Ricardo James, 40, whose two children were found abandoned in Granite City on Monday. "He would never have left his kids," said James' sister, Donna Chaney of St. Louis. Madison County prosecutors filed felony child abandonment charges on Wednesday against Shanunikia N. Pierce, 27, of St. Louis, accusing her of leaving James' son, 6, and daughter, 7, at a vacant house in Granite City. "We have no idea who (Pierce) is," said Chaney, who explained that James has custody of his children and was very protective of them. She said her brother works at a nursing home, attends church and doesn't drink or use illegal drugs. The children told police they were with their father when he met Pierce and that they were at Pierce's apartment when James left with someone in a car and never returned. The youngsters helped police find Pierce's apartment. St. Louis police are conducting a missing-person investigation. They described James as 5 feet 5, 160 pounds, with dark complexion, brown eyes and bald head. He lives in the 5900 block of Cote Brilliante Avenue

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1ctKl2S6D
    Last edited by mysticrose; 11-05-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Ricardo James

5 feet 5

160 lbs

dark complexion

brown eyes and bald head

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1cs3YROfS
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Woman accused of abandoning children in Granite City

A 27-year-old St. Louis woman was charged Wednesday with abandoning two children, 6 and 7 years old, in Granite City.

Police in Granite City and St. Louis were seeking to determine the whereabouts of the children's father.

Madison County prosecutors charged Shanunikia N. Pierce of the 4700 block of Ashland Court in St. Louis with two counts of child abandonment. Stephanee Smith, spokeswoman for the state's attorney's office, said Pierce is suspected of abandoning a 6-year-old boy and his 7-year-old sister at a vacant house in Granite City for more than 24 hours. Smith said neighbors noticed the children on Monday and called police.

Smith said the children told police they were with their father, 40-year-old Ricardo R. James, when he met Pierce in St. Louis several days earlier. She said the children said they stayed at Pierce's apartment for a day or two but at some point their father left with someone in a car and never returned

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1ctLz1lP0
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Ok so here is a map I did. This is a little confusing as the kids were found in Granite City, IL, but the father, woman and the kids all live in St. Louis, MO.

A: Dads house (not exact) 5900 block of Cote Brillant

B: Pierce's house (woman who abandoned children) & where the kids and dad stayed

C: Granite City, IL where kids were abandoned

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=59...ra=ls&t=h&z=13
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Hopefully we get more info. I really believe something bad happened to him. Also, where is the mom?
    Proud WS N-LIB

I'm thinking the river, from your map myst...
    Proud WS N-LIB

This is so weird, family claiming he would never leave the kids like this, kids saying he got into a car with someone left and never returned, after a couple of days of staying with SP, SP decides she just gonna drive over to another state and dump the kids at an abandoned house Family doesnt know who this woman even is...

I really hope the father is ok, but it sure isn't looking that way ...
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Relatives fear for missing St. Louis man
    Thursday, November 3, 2011

Relatives Thursday said they fear for the safety of Ricardo James, 40, whose two children were found abandoned in Granite City on Monday.

"He would never have left his kids," said James' sister, Donna Chaney of St. Louis.

Madison County prosecutors filed felony child abandonment charges on Wednesday against 27-year-old Shanunikia N. Pierce of the 4700 block of Ashland Court in St. Louis. Pierce is accused of leaving James' 6-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter at a vacant house in Granite City.

Chaney said James was granted custody of his children when they were 3 and 4 years old and said he was very protective of them.

"He doesn't even let his kids stay at other people's houses," Chaney said

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1ctSyBmO8
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    This is so weird, family claiming he would never leave the kids like this, kids saying he got into a car with someone left and never returned, after a couple of days of staying with SP, SP decides she just gonna drive over to another state and dump the kids at an abandoned house Family doesnt know who this woman even is...

I really hope the father is ok, but it sure isn't looking that way ...
    unless he had no choice but to get in that car and leave the kids. sounds like a very bad ending on its way.

bumping for Ricardo

I can't find any new information on Ricardo. The case caught my attention and have been wondering if LE was able to extract information from the woman they arrested. I can't seem to find any sort of update.

Ricardo...where are you?

Comment posted here by SP
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.

Can't shake this one....

I am not sure why this case has kept bugging me but I've been doing periodic searches hoping to find new info.

I found an interesting tidbit this time. I was looking around to find out if anything become of the case against Shanunikia Pierce. She is now listed as a Missing Adult in Missouri since 2/7/2012.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ51/Sear...Type=A&county=

hmmmm...I wish I could find more info. It sorta feels like I'm the only person pursuing this at all (and I'm really not just poking around because something about it bugs me)....

Quote Originally Posted by suzier View Post
    I am not sure why this case has kept bugging me but I've been doing periodic searches hoping to find new info.

I found an interesting tidbit this time. I was looking around to find out if anything become of the case against Shanunikia Pierce. She is now listed as a Missing Adult in Missouri since 2/7/2012.

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ51/Sear...Type=A&county=

hmmmm...I wish I could find more info. It sorta feels like I'm the only person pursuing this at all (and I'm really not just poking around because something about it bugs me)....
    It's kinda funny that she is on the missing list, but I'm not finding any media articles saying she is missing. I would have to question if she really is missing or if she is on the run. Or wanting to make it look like she is missing.

The other possibility is of course is in the link posted by Tarabull. A person who is supposed to be SP posted on the article. And she says she is working with LE on both sides of the water. So maybe someone did get concerned that she knew too much.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Email sent to St. Louis Police Department. Will post if I hear anything back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast