Second Autopsy- Determine the results?

Determine Rebecca Zahau's cause of death?

• Evidence of foul play

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • Clear evidence of a suicide/no foul play

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Inconclusive

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • I don't know

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

arielilane

Justice for Liz Barraza
Reaction score
Website
www.whokilledlizbarraza.com
Dr. Cyril Wecht has donated his services to conduct an independent second autopsy. The second autopsy will be revealed on Dr. Phil - How do you think the results will determine Rebecca Zahau's cause of death? Thank you for voting.

I voted inconclusive, but I did have some questions about the original autopsy. It seemed there were some injuries that just didn't make sense in the way LE indicated she died. I'm sorry I can't remember what they were, I'd have to go look at the autopsy all over again. I thought it was a done deal at that time :(

I'm anxious to see the 2nd autopsy results.

Mel

IMO, after the 1st and now the 2nd autopsy more answers may come to light.
I vote foul play.

I voted I don't know, I would like some clarity that wasn't released with the first autopsy. I would like to see a diagram of all the injuries Rebecca suffered and whether they were suffered prior to or after death, the ME and the SDSO neglected to release this with the autopsy, although they did with Max's. IMO it will be undetermined as to suicide or homicide as the first one should have been and had a proper investigation been done the first time...homicide IMO.

I voted foul play. I hope what Dr. Wecht finds strong evidence that can't be easily dismissed.

I'd sure love to be a fly on either ina's wall.

My gut says foul play....so that's how I voted.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/06/dr-phil-autopsy-in-the-rebecca-zahau-case.html
Dr. Phil's Creepy Autopsy

The decision to air the show has drawn criticism from a number of media critics, including a Forbes columnist who described it as a “gruesome ratings stunt,” as well as the San Diego County Sheriff’s Department, which investigated Zahau’s death.

“What is the point of the show?” said sheriff’s public affairs director Jan Caldwell. “To spike ratings? It is at the cost and mental health of the family. It is so distasteful for Rebecca and poor little Max… It is a sad commentary on American society that we are so caught up in this from the O.J. Simpson trial, Lindsay Lohan to Michael Jackson. It is voyeuristic. When it applies to this tragedy it is unspeakable.”

Caldwell said show producers asked the police department to participate but they declined. “We have no desire to partake in this salacious retelling of events. We aren’t going to go on Dr. Drew, or Dr. Phil, or Jane Velez-Mitchell.”

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/11/07/rebecca-zahau-case-sdsos-hypocrisy-knows-no-bounds/
Rebecca Zahau case: SDSO’s hypocrisy knows no bounds

--article @ link--

You’re going to think I’m making this up, but I’m not.

San Diego County Sheriff’s office public relations director, Jan Caldwell, was asked for a statement from the SDSO concerning the upcoming Dr. Phil show this Thursday in which the results of a second autopsy performed on Rebecca by Dr. Cyril Wecht will be disclosed. This is what the SDSO have to say about this situation:
"What is the point of the show? To spike ratings? It is at the cost and mental health of the family. It is so distasteful for Rebecca and poor little Max… It is a sad commentary on American society that we are so caught up in this from the O.J. Simpson trial, Lindsay Lohan to Michael Jackson. It is voyeuristic. When it applies to this tragedy it is unspeakable".

Meanwhile, nobody really has to spend much energy on trashing the SDSO because they’re doing a great job of it on their own. Don’t believe me, just look at the rest of the statement by Jan Caldwell, director of Public Relations for SDSO:
"There is no argument this is an odd but not an unprecedented suicide but it would be an incredibly bizarre homicide. If you are going to stage a homicide, you aren’t going to do it like this. No sexual assault. No signs of a struggle… It doesn’t make sense. It is ridiculous beyond the point of ludicrous."

Wow. Strong language from PR Director (Director? Really?) Caldwell: unspeakable; tragedy; voyeuristic; (not) unprecedented; incredibly bizarre; ridiculous; ludicrous; salacious.

I just wanted to say...absolutely.

Sorry for the OT.

I voted "evidence of foul play", which evidence I think another autopsy will uncover, and which should result in the cause of Rebecca's death being corrected to "murder" and a new and improved investigation to discover who killed her.

I voted Evidence of Foul Play just as this poll came out. I was on the fence initially with this case but leaning toward murder until SDSO's press conference and its poorly drawn conclusions were presented. Since that PC and with each passing day that reveals more hinky case information, the unhinged reaction from forums defending the Shacknai's, the SDSO's outrageous posturing and the silence from the alleged perpetrators continues to solidify IMO that a very bad thing happened to Rebecca. God Bless Her Soul.

I will continue to support the Zahaus both monetarily and through my voice. It doesn't matter to me if they end up bringing an unlawful death suit, participate in book proceeds or whatever the case may be - they have been disrespected and treated as sub-humans from the moment Rebecca's body lay exposed for 13 hours. That disrespect has not stopped and has only escalated. The family deserves everything and more.

I'm confused! IS there a way for the case to be reopened and reinvestigated? Not meaning a civil suit here, but a new SDSO investigation.

?????????

I'm confused! IS there a way for the case to be reopened and reinvestigated? Not meaning a civil suit here, but a new SDSO investigation.

?????????

If the 2nd autopsy does reveal indications of foul play, I'm thinking that is the last agency the family would want involved in a new investigation.

http://www.facebook.com/AnneMBremner

Now says it won't be until next Monday AND Tuesday

Write something...

Anne Bremner
Dr. Phil will now be airing two full shows on the Rebecca Zahau case. This coming Monday and Tuesday .......
Like · Comment · 30 minutes ago ·
Gary Fujioka Sr. The CBS 8 report says Thursday - is Monday and Tuesday in addition to, or instead of Thursday?
25 minutes ago
Anne Bremner Because there are now two shows....the airing wad changed to Monday and Tuesday...
22 minutes ago

I had just been thinking, the poor Zahau family seems to have bad luck, in that there have been so many Breaking News stories the last couple of days, thought they'd be put on the back burner again.

http://www.facebook.com/AnneMBremner

Now says it won't be until next Monday AND Tuesday

Write something...

Anne Bremner
Dr. Phil will now be airing two full shows on the Rebecca Zahau case. This coming Monday and Tuesday .......
Like · Comment · 30 minutes ago ·
Gary Fujioka Sr. The CBS 8 report says Thursday - is Monday and Tuesday in addition to, or instead of Thursday?
25 minutes ago
Anne Bremner Because there are now two shows....the airing wad changed to Monday and Tuesday...
22 minutes ago

I had just been thinking, the poor Zahau family seems to have bad luck, in that there have been so many Breaking News stories the last couple of days, thought they'd be put on the back burner again.

Thank you for the update. I see the delay and extra time for RZ's story as a sign that the uknowwhat is about to hit the fan.

Wow. Strong language from PR Director (Director? Really?) Caldwell: unspeakable; tragedy; voyeuristic; (not) unprecedented; incredibly bizarre; ridiculous; ludicrous; salacious.

I just wanted to say...absolutely.

Sorry for the OT.

I voted "evidence of foul play", which evidence I think another autopsy will uncover, and which should result in the cause of Rebecca's death being corrected to "murder" and a new and improved investigation to discover who killed her.

I have been searching everywhere and cannot find the official source by Jan Caldwell, can anybody find me the official link?

My vote is evidence of foul play. I have believed she was murdered since day one and have never been swayed to change sides! Murder, Money, Cover-Up. I pray Dr. Wecht had what was needed from the body being exhumed to do an autopsy thorough enough for accurate results.

Thanks to Dr. Phil and Dr. Wecht and any unnamed benefactors in donating your services and help to this family. The truth is what we seek. May the answer you reveal bring closure or open the door for seizure of the murderer(s).

Sharyne, here's the link to the story I quoted from above:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/11/06/dr-phil-autopsy-in-the-rebecca-zahau-case.html

Hope this is what you need!

(Edited to add correct link; oops!)

Caldwell. “If you are going to stage a homicide, you aren’t going to do it like this."
Give me a break ... there are no rule books for what a killer might make it 'look like' if they wanted to stage a crime only logic and forensics that delve into the inconsistencies that would show.

I have never thought Rebecca's death looked like a suicide, however, I think Caldwell and the rest of SDSO can not even present the basic options here making it appear they know absolutely nothing about murders. For instance, a planned/premeditated murder could look very different than a spontaneous rage kill where the killer decided to clean up after the fact and either could look different than someone forcing Rebecca to participate.

What I find really unprofessional and have since day one is that SDSO has just presented this as a conflict between two possibilities: murder or suicide. Surely they could have outlined "If it was a murder, then what are the possibilities". By bifurcating the argument and eliminating one of the choices, they offered no explanation for how it could have been a murder.

The current nonsense where Caldwell pits an 'unprecedented suicide' against a 'bizarre homicide' should easily bring their credibility to zero as it is just playing with semantics - we are supposed to think 'bizarre' is so much more uncommon than 'unprecedented'. :innocent: I think there are probably more bizarre homicides than unprecedented suicides anyway! We do not need law enforcement - public servants - playing games.

To make any comments professionally on the Zahau's letting Dr. Phil pay for and air comments on the autopsy results is grossly unjust since the SDSO already had their public forum and air time while they left a family who did not have the resources and funding they have, nor Jonah has, to scrape around and beg to just get the evidence. Shame on them for claiming they did things out of respect for the Zahau family when they were just used as a scapegoat by SDSO so they didn't have to reveal key evidence or criticism from the public. I would say it is their behavior that is bizarre and they are still using public money to slam a weary family.

I don't know if the autopsy will show anything different. I hope it does like that the bludgeon marks on her head could have been enough to knock her out or the rope marks are different than they should be. The problem is that nothing new may come of it but it could still be murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo