UK - At LEAST 7 dead and 51 injured in horrific M5 crash

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it sounds as if the death toll will rise.

Motorway fireball: At least seven dead and 51 injured in horrific crash on M5 described as 'worst ever seen by emergency services'

• Police confirm at least seven people have been killed and several more have suffered life-changing injuries
• Death toll could rise as emergency services admit people may still be trapped in 'burnt and unrecognisable' vehicles
• Police: 'For a motorway incident this is just about as big as it gets. It was a highly complex and traumatic incident'
• Dramatic scenes as motorists try to pull others free from burning wreckage as a huge fireball engulfs the carriageway
• Weather could be a significant factor in the crash and a firework display was going on at the time
• Motorway expected to be closed for 24 hours along 18-mile stretch
At least seven people were killed and 51 injured in a horrific crash on the M5 motorway described by the emergency services as one of the worst they have ever seen.

There are fears the death toll could soar even higher as police said they believe bodies may still be trapped in vehicles which have been left 'burnt and unrecognisable'.

The smash on the northbound carriageway near Taunton, Somerset, involved 34 vehicles. Police said the vehicles were 'immediately alight' following the crash as a 'massive fireball' engulfed the carriageway.
---
much more, with pictures and video, at Daily Mail link above

This happened not far from my home and my brother, who is a traffic policeman, was one of the first on the scene last night. All he said to me was "I have never felt so utterly helpless in my life"

My heart goes out to the victims and their families and also to my brother and his work colleagues and the horror they had to witness. I could see it in my brother's face today, this one will stay with him forever.

Horrific. I'm so sorry for the victims and their families. I cannot even imagine that kind of horror. RIP

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back