1357 users online (352 members and 1005 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Woman accused of abandoning children in Granite City, Father Ricardo James, 40 Msing

Woman accused of abandoning children in Granite City

GRANITE CITY • A 27-year-old St. Louis woman was charged Wednesday with abandoning two children, 6 and 7 years old, in Granite City.

Police in Granite City and St. Louis were seeking to determine the whereabouts of the children's father.

Madison County prosecutors charged Shanunikia N. Pierce of the 4700 block of Ashland Court in St. Louis with two counts of child abandonment. Stephanee Smith, spokeswoman for the state's attorney's office, said Pierce is suspected of abandoning a 6-year-old boy and his 7-year-old sister at a vacant house in Granite City for more than 24 hours. Smith said neighbors noticed the children on Monday and called police.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1cs3YROfS
    Last edited by mysticrose; 11-05-2011 at 09:11 PM.
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Apparently the father seems to be missing, as he was taking care of them and did not show back up after leaving with some friends (?).

Here is his thread started from yesterday for him, it is not in the discussion thread yet:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=Ricardo+James
    What lies behind you and what lies in front of you pales in comparison to what lies inside of you....
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

So he has the kids and leaves them with a female friend and then he disappears. She doesn’t want them so she dumps them at an abandoned building telling them she is taking them to their father.

There has to be something else going on here.
    Just my opinions (and I have been wrong before)!

pinkfly

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfly View Post
    So he has the kids and leaves them with a female friend and then he disappears. She doesn’t want them so she dumps them at an abandoned building telling them she is taking them to their father.

Something going on big time.

This man didn't even let his children stay over other people's houses. I have a feeling he didn't leave on his own accord in that car.

Bless their little hearts as they showed police where her apartment was.

Prayers Mr. James is found safe.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkfly View Post

Yes that pretty much sums it up, I hope the father is found safe, however at this point it is not looking to good
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

I sure cant find much on him in regards to articled in the news, here is clip I found:

ST. LOUIS > Missing father sought • Relatives said Thursday they fear for the safety of Ricardo James, 40, whose two children were found abandoned in Granite City on Monday. "He would never have left his kids," said James' sister, Donna Chaney of St. Louis. Madison County prosecutors filed felony child abandonment charges on Wednesday against Shanunikia N. Pierce, 27, of St. Louis, accusing her of leaving James' son, 6, and daughter, 7, at a vacant house in Granite City. "We have no idea who (Pierce) is," said Chaney, who explained that James has custody of his children and was very protective of them. She said her brother works at a nursing home, attends church and doesn't drink or use illegal drugs. The children told police they were with their father when he met Pierce and that they were at Pierce's apartment when James left with someone in a car and never returned. The youngsters helped police find Pierce's apartment. St. Louis police are conducting a missing-person investigation. They described James as 5 feet 5, 160 pounds, with dark complexion, brown eyes and bald head. He lives in the 5900 block of Cote Brilliante Avenue

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1csp0sc6l
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Missing: Ricardo James, 40

5 feet 5, 160 pounds, with dark complexion, brown eyes and bald head. He lives in the 5900 block of Cote Brilliante Avenue

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/c...#ixzz1csqYIpi3
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Quote Originally Posted by mysticrose View Post
    Apparently the father seems to be missing, as he was taking care of them and did not show back up after leaving with some friends (?).

Here is his thread started from yesterday for him, it is not in the discussion thread yet:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=Ricardo+James
    Can someone start a thread in the missing discussion forum? Sounds like he wouldn't just leave his kids...Prayers for his safe recovery. TIA
    Proud WS N-LIB

Quote Originally Posted by PMLsmom View Post
    Can someone start a thread in the missing discussion forum? Sounds like he wouldn't just leave his kids...Prayers for his safe recovery. TIA
    Hi PML I'll start one and be back with a link

ETA: here is the link for Ricardo in the missing forum:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=1#post7322149
    Last edited by mysticrose; 11-05-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

Double Post

In case anyone is keeping up on this case at all....I just posted the information below on Ricardo's missing discussion thread.

It seems Shanunikia Pierce has gone missing herself and is listed on the Missouri Missing adult site:

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ51/Sear...Type=A&county=

Ricardo's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153879
    Last edited by KateB; 06-06-2015 at 06:50 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Off topic
    That is the first time I've been to the missing Missouri site and found missing people in my area that I didn't even know about! I don't understand why there is no news but especially why there is also no posters on of them on this site. Anyone know why?

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by menmo View Post
    Off topic
    That is the first time I've been to the missing Missouri site and found missing people in my area that I didn't even know about! I don't understand why there is no news but especially why there is also no posters on of them on this site. Anyone know why?
    posters of them on which site?

Quote Originally Posted by suzier View Post
    In case anyone is keeping up on this case at all....I just posted the information below on Ricardo's missing discussion thread.

It seems Shanunikia Pierce has gone missing herself and is listed on the Missouri Missing adult site:

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/CJ51/Sear...Type=A&county=

Ricardo's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153879
    Wonder if she is on the run because she knows what happened to him?
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Wonder if she is on the run because she knows what happened to him?
    Or maybe someone got to her first.

Her actions, leaving the kids at an abandoned home---are confusing to me.

IF she was trying to cover up their dad's disappearance, then that action was ridiculous. It obviously highlighted the situation.

So maybe she was trying to PROTECT them, by getting them safely away from whomever took their father.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Or maybe someone got to her first.

Her actions, leaving the kids at an abandoned home---are confusing to me.

IF she was trying to cover up their dad's disappearance, then that action was ridiculous. It obviously highlighted the situation.

So maybe she was trying to PROTECT them, by getting them safely away from whomever took their father.
    In the other thread they have found a quote in a media comment section that is supposed to be by Pierce.

I have done a search and cannot find any media articles that talk about Pierce being missing. So I'd say it could go either way. Either she is on the run or someone was afraid she knew too much and was going to talk about it.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast