Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: PA - Alicia Markovich, 15, Blairsville, 26 April 1987

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,561

    PA - Alicia Markovich, 15, Blairsville, 26 April 1987

    ALICIA MARKOVICH Missing: Apr 26, 1987 BLAIRSVILLE, PA

    ALICIA MARKOVICH
    DOB: Feb 20, 1972
    Missing: Apr 26, 1987
    Age at time: 15
    Age Now: 32
    Sex: Female
    Race: White
    Hair: Brown
    Eyes: Blue
    Height: 5'2" (157 cm)
    Weight: 120 lbs (54 kg)
    Missing From: BLAIRSVILLE, PA, United States
    Endangered Missing

    Alicia was last seen at her father's residence.

    Pennsylvania State Police - Missing Persons Unit - 1-724-357-1978

    Link
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    253

    Alicia Markovich-maybe a clue

    Richard, recently the Bucks Co. PA police dept posted a photo of a reconstruction done on a female that was found in their jurisdiction. You may want to check with them-there is a superficial resembelance to the photos posted.

    Published on June 3, 2004, Page B01, Philadelphia Inquirer, The (PA)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,239
    Investigators Hope Tattoos Help Identify Slain Woman

    Detectives Not Sure If Woman Jumped, Pushed Off Highway Bridge

    HOUSTON -- Police need help identifying a woman found dead on the side of a busy Houston highway.



    Detectives with the Houston Police Department believe the woman jumped to her death or was pushed from a van on Highway 59, the Eastex Freeway, near Mount Houston Road late Saturday night.

    http://www.click2houston.com/news/54...s=hou&psp=news


    I'm just posting this here because of the tattoo of the name "Alicia" .... this is a long shot because there's not much more information.
    Any chance of a connection?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,757
    Indiana Police Asking For Help In Decades-Old Missing Persons Case

    It's been nearly 22 years since Alicia Markovich went missing.

    As the anniversary of her disappearance nears, Indiana County state police are once again asking for the public's help with the case.

    Today she would be 37.



    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...2/detail.html#

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Tonia For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    Alicia is from my area. It is strange - almost like she vanished into thin air. I know they received several tips in the past, but nothing never panned out. Maybe with it being on the news again, new tips will surface....

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:

    Kat

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    366
    Posted this update in the PA VICTIMS/ MID ATLANTIC VICTIMS thread. I spoke to the Detective in the case of murder victim Dana Bailey. Dana was murdered in state college PA (about an hour from Blairsville where Alicia vanished) about a month before Alicia vanished. In both cases, there were anonymous letters received that led police to dead ends. I told the Detective about Alicia's case,and when i said she vanished from BLAIRSVILLE, he said, "wait.... where did you say?" It turns out, he was following some leads in Dana's case that led him to, guess where...Blairsville! Needless to say,this got his attention, and he is going to look into a connection. Stay tuned!

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to morf13 For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    Investigators Hope Tattoos Help Identify Slain Woman

    Detectives Not Sure If Woman Jumped, Pushed Off Highway Bridge

    HOUSTON -- Police need help identifying a woman found dead on the side of a busy Houston highway.



    Detectives with the Houston Police Department believe the woman jumped to her death or was pushed from a van on Highway 59, the Eastex Freeway, near Mount Houston Road late Saturday night.

    http://www.click2houston.com/news/54...s=hou&psp=news


    I'm just posting this here because of the tattoo of the name "Alicia" .... this is a long shot because there's not much more information.
    Any chance of a connection?

    Now this is weird. There was a woman who went missing from PA, and a couple from other states,and their cases seemed unrelated, until they got an anonymous tip called in on a tipline, that the girls were still alive, and were being forced to work as prostitutes in Houston, by a man with a white van & FL tags.

    Here you go:
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kroh_tracy.html
    Three missing women were said to be in the Houston area working as prostitutes.
    Tiffany Sessions, Elizabeth Miller, Tracy Marie Kroh. Could Alicia have anything to do with this? Kroh vanished from Millersburg PA in 1989,aprox 2 years after Alicia.
    Last edited by morf13; 09-01-2009 at 10:56 AM.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morf13 For This Useful Post:


  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    366
    Just heard from the PA Detective in the Dana Bailey case, he is meeting with other LE in PA regarding the Markovich case, to see if there are links. I hope he finds something!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to morf13 For This Useful Post:


  14. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    5,984
    Police Mark 24 Anniversary

    State police plan to mark the 24th anniversary of a 15-year-old girl's disappearance in western Pennsylvania with a news conference Tuesday aimed at jump-starting their investigation.

    Alicia Markovich was last seen April 26, 1987. Although she lived with her mother in Windber in Somerset County, she was visiting her father in Indiana County on the day she was last seen.

    Police plan to discuss the case and give her family members a chance to address the media and answer questions.
    Snipped from: http://www.centredaily.com/2011/04/2...ersary-of.html

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  16. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    Article from local news.. Blairsville isn't far from where I live..

    http://www.wtae.com/news/27672959/de...104262011&ts=H

    Hopefully they will finally get some leads and be able to give this family closure!

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to chaddylex For This Useful Post:


  18. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Puget Sound area, WA
    Posts
    20,589
    Police say Pa. girl missing since '87 likely dead

    Marcie Smith feels at loose ends with her own life since her 15-year-old daughter disappeared in 1987.

    "I feel like sometimes I don't have a purpose here," Smith said at a state police news conference marking the 24th anniversary of the disappearance of her daughter, Alicia Markovich. "Because I always wanted grandchildren and I always wanted more children."

    Instead, Smith, 53, of Stoystown, spends at least a few moments a day wondering whatever happened to her only child the last time she went to visit Smith's ex-husband, John Markovich, at his home at the time near Blairsville, Indiana County, about 50 miles east of Pittsburgh.

    More: http://www.timesleader.com/news/ap?articleID=6935897
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

    HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

    FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

  19. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    I hate to say this, but I have to wonder if the father could have hurt Alicia accidently or even killed her to avoid paying additional child support or if they did get into an arguement and he lost his cool with her?

    Here is another article from today's Tribune Review: http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_734167.html


    She said her daughter was dubious about visiting her father that day because the parents were arguing over Smith's recent petition to the court to get $100 more a month for child support

    "I told her to give him the benefit of the doubt and go see him. If he brought it up, I told her to tell him that it was a matter between me and him," Smith said. "I know what was supposed to be a nice day ended up being a tragedy."


    More at link

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,561
    The 25 year anniversary of Alicia's disappearance will occur in two months.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Richard For This Useful Post:


  22. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    I've known about this case forever being that I grew up feet away from her last know whereabouts and have stood there millions of times. IMO her father definitely had something to do with her disappearance and murder, even though there is no body to prove it. This is a very sad and empty case. No one will ever have answers unfortunately and her mother will more than likely never have her daughters remains. It is hard for police to even investigate when there is nothing really to investigate.

  23. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,561

    Welcome

    Quote Originally Posted by sis0531 View Post
    I've known about this case forever being that I grew up feet away from her last know whereabouts and have stood there millions of times. IMO her father definitely had something to do with her disappearance and murder, even though there is no body to prove it. This is a very sad and empty case. No one will ever have answers unfortunately and her mother will more than likely never have her daughters remains. It is hard for police to even investigate when there is nothing really to investigate.
    Welcome to Websleuths.

    This case is now over 25 years old. Although there are few available clues, and it has been a long time, there is always a possibility that the crime will be solved.

    Recently a young man murdered 44 years ago in Pennsylvania was identified and will soon be going home to his family. Perhaps some of the same cold case investigators who identified him will be working on Alicia's disappearance.

  24. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Welcome to Websleuths.

    This case is now over 25 years old. Although there are few available clues, and it has been a long time, there is always a possibility that the crime will be solved.

    Recently a young man murdered 44 years ago in Pennsylvania was identified and will soon be going home to his family. Perhaps some of the same cold case investigators who identified him will be working on Alicia's disappearance.
    There is always a possibility and hope. From what I understand there is one person that is believed to know and they are not and more than likely will not ever speak. I have spoken to detectives on the case and was lead to believe this by them as well. I feel terrible for her mother she has been living the worst nightmare imaginable for over 25 years

  25. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    Quote Originally Posted by sis0531 View Post
    There is always a possibility and hope. From what I understand there is one person that is believed to know and they are not and more than likely will not ever speak. I have spoken to detectives on the case and was lead to believe this by them as well. I feel terrible for her mother she has been living the worst nightmare imaginable for over 25 years
    Hi sis0531,

    I live about 30 minutes from where Alicia went missing, so her case has been one I have been following. Do you know what her father's motive would be if he was the one who was involved with her disappearance? I thought I read somewhere before that he was long suspected of her disappearance, but was never charged.

  26. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    Hi sis0531,

    I live about 30 minutes from where Alicia went missing, so her case has been one I have been following. Do you know what her father's motive would be if he was the one who was involved with her disappearance? I thought I read somewhere before that he was long suspected of her disappearance, but was never charged.
    I've known her father my entire life and I don't think there was a clear motive I think it was just anger he's not exactly a mellow guy when he's upset.

  27. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5
    http://tribune-democrat.com/local/x1...n-case-revived

    John, Alicia's father didn't even show up for this press conference, instead he had his current wife Debbie, who from what I know never even knew Alicia showed up and said that he had to work. If I were missing 24 years or my children were my father or my husband would be there no matter what. Even if they had to drive a couple of hours from a neighboring state. It's not like he would've gotten fired and if so and it wasn't him that did it that one person that may have information and finally be willing to give it after all of these years could've been listening. But, he figured work was too important. That's just my opinion on that though.

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to sis0531 For This Useful Post:


  29. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    Sis,

    Any updates on Alicia's case?

  30. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    13
    Most probably is just someone trolling the comments, but take a look at the one of August 13th, 2013 at 04:34PM:

    YU Mad-bro August 13, 2013 at 04:34 PM
    "I left home at 15, and have not spoken to anyone in my family for 25 years. A couple of years ago I seen my picture in the missing database. I get a good laugh at it. I didn't ask anyone to look for me."

    http://triboro.patch.com/groups/poli...y-found-safely

  31. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    366
    BUMP-

    Anything new?

    Colleen Orsborn /Deborah Quimby/Alicia Markovich
    3 different females vanished and/or killed in 3 different states. The link, 3 anonymous letters mailed to police or to the victimís Family members, telling them to look near a body of water for the bodies. A further link, all 3 of these letters were mailed from the same 3 square mile in NH. Without a doubt, by the same person. Not to pat myself on the back, but I linked these 3 cases to those letters and contacted police in each case. They investigated, and think the letters were likely from a single hoaxer. I tend to agree.

  32. The Following User Says Thank You to morf13 For This Useful Post:


  33. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    The poster sis0531 quit posting for some reason. I wonder if she got scared since she knows Alicia's father and didn't want to cause any trouble?

  34. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southwestern PA
    Posts
    1,181
    The poster sis0531 quit posting for some reason. I wonder if she got scared since she knows Alicia's father and didn't want to cause any trouble?

  35. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Emorton View Post
    Most probably is just someone trolling the comments, but take a look at the one of August 13th, 2013 at 04:34PM:

    YU Mad-bro August 13, 2013 at 04:34 PM
    "I left home at 15, and have not spoken to anyone in my family for 25 years. A couple of years ago I seen my picture in the missing database. I get a good laugh at it. I didn't ask anyone to look for me."

    http://triboro.patch.com/groups/poli...y-found-safely
    Emorton, I saw that comment several months ago and it piqued my interest.

    It could be anyone, of course. Maybe someone whose disappearance was never reported on or searched for, other than the filing of a report-- we know how hard it used to be (and sometimes still is) to get LE to search for a teen runaway.

    I really don't like the poster's glib attitude, however. There are missing people out there being trafficked, held against their will, or dead and disposed of while their families hope to find their remains and give them a proper burial. These genuinely missing people who are in peril deserve LE's undivided attention. While I understand that a fifteen-year-old runaway does not usually have a mature enough perspective to understand that, as an adult the poster should have been mature enough to take the missing persons report very seriously and contact LE immediately to let them know she was alive and well, but did not wish to have contact with her family.

    Then again, could have just been a troll I guess.
    Just my opinion!

  36. The Following User Says Thank You to Dixie811 For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MN MN - Vicki Sundgaard, 23, Alexandria, 19 April 1987
    By Richard in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-19-2012, 09:48 PM
  2. TN TN - Marlena Danyele Childress, 4, Union City, 16 April 1987
    By georgiagirl in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 11:34 PM
  3. PA Alicia Bernice Markovich (15) - Blairsville PA, 1987
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 07:33 PM
  4. Found Deceased CA - Crispino Buzon, 25, National City, 24 April 1987
    By Rle7 in forum Located Forum Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2008, 09:38 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •