Thread: CA - Corinne June Groenenberg, 14, Modesto, 1 Nov 1973

CA - Corinne June Groenenberg, 14, Modesto, 1 Nov 1973

Missing Since: November 1, 1973 from Modesto, California
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: October 4, 1959
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 115 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Brown hair, blue eyes. Groenenberg has a surgical scar on her abdomen and a strawberry-type birthmark on her back. Some agencies give her first name as Connie.

Details of Disappearance

Groenenberg departed from her family's residence in the Compton, California area on November 1, 1973. A friend told authorities that Groenenberg walked to the highway near Modesto, California and began hitchhiking shortly afterwards. The friend saw Groenenberg enter a blue or green truck with an unidentified male driver. Groenenberg has never been heard from again.

Groenenberg's family moved from southern California to the Compton area several weeks prior to her disappearance. Her mother was diagnosed with scleroderma, a tissue disease, shortly after Groenenberg vanished. Her parents were forced to leave the Modesto area as a result of her mother's condition. Groenenberg's parents have continued to own her childhood home in the southern part of the state. Her mother said that they hoped Groenenberg might return to see her former residence. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Modesto Police Department
    209-572-9532
    OR
    209-572-9500

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I so wish I could put pictures side by side...perhaps someone can help...I am trying to see if anyone thinks Corinne resembles several unidentified alcala photos. See the link above for one of the photos I feel might be Corinne.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_Eyes View Post
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=3&theater

I so wish I could put pictures side by side...perhaps someone can help...I am trying to see if anyone thinks Corinne resembles several unidentified alcala photos. See the link above for one of the photos I feel might be Corinne.
    Hi Irish Eyes! There definitely appears to be a similarity there, but at the time Corinne went missing, Alcala was in prison for his attack on Tali S.

I came to this thread simply because it was a young girl missing from the 70's in California. I think of Alcala with every single one. Sure wish we could find out who those photos belong to and if they are still alive.
    Please consider my comments as my opinion. I don't ask that you agree with me and you are free to scroll past my post. Thanks for respecting my opinion as much as I respect yours.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Please help identify the unidentified photos found in the storage locker of serial killer, Rodney Alcala.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-F...61183953929612