Status
Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Bellevue Police searching for missing 2-year-old

Bellevue Police are searching today for a 2-year-old boy who went missing when his mother left the car to get help after the vehicle ran out of gas.

[snip]

The missing child, Sky Metalwala, has brown eyes and dark, buzz-cut hair. He is half Indian and half white. He was wearing a dark green hooded sweatshirt and blue-and-gray striped pants made by Carter's. Iafrate said it's the same outfit he was wearing when he was last seen.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/11/06/1895258/bellevue-police-searching-for.html#ixzz1cxxFxTjE

Bellevue police search for missing 2-year-old

[snip]

Police said the mother's car ran out of gas in the 2400 block of 112th Avenue Northeast. She took her 4-year-old with her to get gas and left the 2-year-old in the car. About two hours later, she returned to the car and the boy was gone.

More: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/bellevue-police-search-missing-2-year-old/nFXM6/

Sky Metalwala, in the clothing he was last seen wearing.

Some observations...

1. The area where the car ran out of gas is residential. Perhaps someone saw something?
2. No cell phone? Okay. Why not knock on one of the residential doors and ask to use a phone? Certainly better than leaving your toddler alone in a car for an hour or two.
3. Not sure if it is correct, but according to Google maps, there is an AM/PM gas station just over a quarter mile away. Not sure how that would take 1-2 hours to get there and back.
4. If the above is incorrect, the next closest is a mile and a half, more feasible to take that long.
5. It would seem the photo above was taken of Sky today. It's in his car seat, in the exactly clothes he disappeared in. Innocent coincidence? A "just in case" moment? Or something else?

ETA: Getting mixed info about gas stations by reading comments on the articles.

Search still underway in Bellevue for missing child

Authorities were still searching for a 2-year-old in Bellevue, four hours after a Redmond mother discovered the boy missing from a car parked near the 2400 block of 112th Avenue.

Bellevue Police responded at 9:50 a.m. to a call from a woman who said she ran out of gas this morning and left the young boy, Sky Metalwala, in the car while she and her 4-year-old walked to a gas station. When she returned an hour later, 2-year-old Sky was no longer in the car.

“We don’t know much, other than that the child is still missing,” Officer Carla Iafrate, spokeswoman for the Bellevue Police Department, said about 1:50 p.m. Sunday. “I don’t know if the child got out on his own. I don’t know if the car was locked or not locked. We don’ t have very much information.”

More: http://today.seattletimes.com/2011/11/search-still-underway-in-bellevue-for-missing-child/

Some observations...

1. The area where the car ran out of gas is residential. Perhaps someone saw something?
2. No cell phone? Okay. Why not knock on one of the residential doors and ask to use a phone? Certainly better than leaving your toddler alone in a car for an hour or two.
3. Not sure if it is correct, but according to Google maps, there is an AM/PM gas station just over a quarter mile away. Not sure how that would take 1-2 hours to get there and back.
4. If the above is incorrect, the next closest is a mile and a half, more feasible to take that long.
5. It would seem the photo above was taken of Sky today. It's in his car seat, in the exactly clothes he disappeared in. Innocent coincidence? A "just in case" moment? Or something else?

ETA: Getting mixed info about gas stations by reading comments on the articles.

I was just thinking the exact same thing about #5 above- regarding the picture, taken in the car, in the exact clothing the boy was wearing.

I hope I'm totally wrong about this, but I hope the police are able to talk to the 4 year old and find out if the boy was even in the car when it "ran out of gas" to begin with. Why the mother would have taken the older child to go get help and not the younger one too is beyond me. As was pointed out- the area is residential, and there were lots of places/homes within a very short distance that she could have gone to for help- including the gas station. I guess I am wondering if the boy went missing previously, and this is just a wild goose case. I get the feeling Mom knows where this precious kid actually is.

2-year-old boy missing in Washington state

[snip]

The mother, who was not identified in a police press release, ran out of gas Sunday morning in the northwestern area of the city with her two children, a 4-year-old and 2-year-old, in the car, authorities said.

More: http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/06/us/washington-missing-boy/

I just saw this on CH13 Fox news.I live on the western side of Seattle, about 30 miles from Bellevue. On that news break they said that the nearest gas station was about 1 mile away ??? Also, the news report said that LE was " checking the mother's story "...Oh no... MOO

This makes me sick. I hate to bash a mother, but what was she thinking?

If her story is legit:
1. I don't understand how anyone runs out of gas these days, especially with kids in the car, why take the chance of running on empty?
2. The boy could have left the vehicle looking for his mom and brother :/

I just don't buy it. Sorry but I don't. Poor little guy.

Oh my dear! This just doesn't sound like a reasonable story. :maddening:

Who would leave their 2 year old alone in the car for two hours???? I'm not buying it.

if she did leave Sky in her car for two hours alone, she doesn't deserve to have custody of him IMO

not that I believe a word of it anyway ...

Sent from my iPad
Oh how I wish these stories never happened. I live about a half mile away. The intersection where she ran out of gas has a freeway noise wall on one side and a school on the other.Photo follow link and scroll half way down screen.
http://bellevue.komonews.com/news/911/686937-update-police-search-missing-2-year-old-boy
This is a quiet street on weekends. At the intersection of 24th and 112th is a Montessori School. Then as you travel south on 112th it is heavily forested with office parks on both sides. There is also a seventeen acre Hidden Valley Sports Park(City of Bellevue Parks Department) If you were to travel north on 112th there is a office park and freeway interchange. I do not know which direction she traveled with her four year old to get gas. It would be a very difficult area to find help at 8AM on a Sunday. Other than people traveling church there would be no traffic.

Here is what I have found out:
From the Seattle Times
Officers and King County Search & Rescue crews have been fanning out in grid patterns from the point where the child was last seen. They are searching through the woods

“You have to be very meticulous,” Iafrate said.
Iafrate said police have not issued an Amber Alert because they don’t know yet if the child has been taken.

“At this point we’re just treating it as a missing child,” Iafrate said. “We don’t know anything more yet.

The mother later told police the boy was in his car seat when she left and she had locked the driver's side door, but the other doors were not locked.*

Investigators say the car seat was still in the car and there are no forced signs of entry.
www.seattletimes.NWsource.com

KOMO

Police say Sky's dad is from Kirkland. His mom is from Redmond.*Investigators*on the scene*have contacted Sky's dad.

www.komonews.com

I live at the bottom of Clyde Hill as i mentioned in my post above about 1/2 mile from where the mother ran out of gas. Today Nov. 6th my husband and I started out on a walk to Hidden Valley Sports Park at 10:25 AM my husband immediately noticed a Clyde Hill police car. As we approached Bellevue Way there was a Medina police car. We thought it odd to see so many police cars. We continued our walk on 24th immediately next to the entrance of the park is another (this is a different Montessori than the one on 112th.) Bellevue Police Car parked. I rarely see police cars on our walks. The only odd thing i noticed on our walk was a white Lexus SUV that turned in front of us at 108th like it didn't know where it was going and the driver appeared totally distracted,but that would have been about an hour or so later than when the mother called Bellevue Police. it was not until about 12:30PM I read on KOMO about the missing 2year old.

It is getting dusk and I am so worried about the sweet little missing 2year old Sky.

It is starting to get dark, we have a very limited amount of daylight left...on the plus side, it has been dry today, which will help the scenthounds ( assuming that hounds will be used )... Where is this litte boy tonight ? ... MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361