David Ezell Blockett
Missing since December 11, 1980 from Newport News, Virginia
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
DBlockett.jpg
DBlockett1.jpg

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: November 26, 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 2 weeks old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 1'8"; 7 lbs
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Blockett has a mole on his right ear. He has birthmarks under his left arm and on his back and buttocks.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Blockett was taken from his home under false pretenses on December 11, 1980. The abductor is described as an African-American female, who had a heavy build and a medium complexion. Authorities were not able to locate either Blockett or his abductor after extensive searches of the Newport News, Virginia area.

<LI>http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/133dmva.html

The story of these separated siblings begins at a Newport News home on 13th street on December 11, 1980.

Nineteen-year-old Vanessa, the boys’ mother, was inside the home with her babies.

A middle aged black woman knocked at the door and said that she was a social worker.

She told Vanessa that her name was Marie Kelly and that she was there to take baby David to a Riverside Hospital Christmas party.

Vanessa said that she has a 2-year-old-son as well.

The woman agreed to take them both.

“I remember being in the car. I remember my brother sitting beside me. I remember playing with a cassette tape, and I was just pulling the ribbon and taking the cassette tape,” recalled Frederick.

He stated that he also remembered a man driving the car, not the woman who took him and his baby brother.

The couple put Frederick out of the car in Hampton.

“And where they dropped me off, I remember a whole lot of while silos, like farm. I think it was more farm land back then,” says Frederick.

She put a note in Frederick's pocket with his address on it before driving off.

A woman found Frederick and police brought him back home.

Baby David and "Marie Kelley" haven't been seen since.
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-newsc...ld-missing-baby-case-20111101,0,5490868.story

a clip from page 2
The answer may be in the clothes David was wearing the day he was abducted.

It was inside the diaper bag that the abductor left on that parkway in Yorktown.

Just last week, detectives found them tucked away in their evidence warehouse including David’s booties, blanket, sweater and jeans.

On top of that was a comb and hair samples preserved for 30 years.

DNA testing didn't exist back in the 80's.

The testing of it today could lead to finding David, the abductor or both.

A viewer called in with a tip about the mystery woman's police sketch.

Now that information is giving detectives more hope than ever before.

“That has since led us to interview several other people who might have known the suspect back in the day or who might have information about her, and we're currently following leads on that,” says Rogers.

Those interviews have sent detectives back to the original case file and they are now looking more closely at women who were questioned in the 1980s.

One of them was a woman who they say was acting strangley near Riverside Hospital.

"Well apparently she delivered a baby there prematurely and the baby had to stay in the hospital for several weeks and every time she went to visit the baby, she was acting strange saying that the hospital staff was abusing the baby,” says Rogers.

There was another woman from York County involved. She was from the same area where detectives found David's clothes just days after his abduction.

Because the clues about these women continue to develop, the names cannot yet be revealed.
http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-new-c...ng-newport-news-baby-20111212,0,5552676.story

I wish there was a way to reach out to him, now, 32 years later -- or his lover, who would certainly be familiar with the birthmarks -- to bring him home to his family. How would an adult man know the difference if his "mother" always told him he was adopted ? I mean, why would he question that? It seems to me that finding him, or ways to get black men, 32 years old, to think about whether this is him! Or the women (or men) who love them !! I wonder if the woman had just lost her own baby and in desperation stole this little angel?

Hope not lost for abducted Newport News baby

http://wtkr.com/2015/12/11/hope-not-lost-for-abducted-newport-news-baby/

This is an anniversary no parent should ever have to mark.

It was 35 years ago when a woman, posing as a social worker, tricked a Newport News mother into taking her son. No one knows for sure what happened to the baby boy, David Ezell Blockett, but the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC) is refusing to give up hope.

David's abduction was one of the first cases for the NCMEC. Lowery believes the abductor took David and raised him as her own.

"Typically they take the children because of a husband or loved one that they're trying to convince they're pregnant and they're trying to produce a child," Lowery said.

"If you're out there David," said his father, "if you're hearing me, know that you're loved and you're missed, and everybody wants to see you come home."

I just noticed that the date in the thread title is wrong. He was born on November 26, 1980, but went missing on December 11, 1980.

Bumping case up. He could be out there alive today...
I have the impression that he is alive. I don't think they kidnapped him to kill him. Surely he was sold to another family, perhaps in the United States or Europe... It could also be that the kidnapper was sorry for having lost a baby and wanted to replace it that way. stealing one... I think he's alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back