1005 users online (224 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Official statement from the Lindsey Baum Search Center core team:

Regarding the most recent "search" for Lindsey. This effort was done by a group, separate from Law enforcement and Lindsey's group, but we want to assure you that there was nothing found, regardless of what you may have read. This search was really an awareness effort (flyer handout) organized by an unassociated volunteer group that was directed at a new area and location. If ever there is any true progress made in Lindsey's case we will be the first to keep you up to date with that information on the official Find Lindsey Baum Facebook page or Lindsey's website

To our knowledge, the most recent Law Enforcement search that took place in McCleary has still not been wrapped up as far as testing of any items removed. To suggest that progress has been made anywhere outside of Law Enforcements efforts at this point is simply misleading information. We are just as excited as the next to see Lindsey's information go public, we do not however want it to happen if it must be done under misleading circumstances.

About 30 volunteers spent eight hours Saturday in Capitol State Forest and surrounding areas after receiving several anonymous emails that warranted investigation, said Jennifer Mau, organizer for the Search and Seek Association.

Mau refused to provide further detail of the search but said “significant progress” was made and that the disappearance is getting closer to being solved. No other searches are currently scheduled.
    How sad is it that this group is trying to capitalize on a missing child to gain publicity and enhance their statistics? Not to mention mislead the public to think "they" will solve the mystery of Lindsey's disappearance.

Takes some pretty big cahones to make the statements I bolded. IMO, it almost sounds like they are interfering with a criminal investigation. If they truly received an email tip that warranted investigating, it should have went to LE.

Thirty people tromping around a potential crime scene and contaminating evidence, doesn't sound like a good idea to me and I bet LE would agree.

You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Quote Originally Posted by SadlyMistaken View Post
    Ya, I'm a little confused. Were searchers names and numbers given to them in the parting of ways? Because there have been calls to some asking to help with this new search, as if it is the same core group of people that were searching last year. That was my understanding anyway. Maybe I misunderstood.

I want nothing to do with anything that Harry Oakes is a part of. I think that some people like to exploit hurting, vulnerable people... just to make a name for themselves. It seems to me with everything that I have seen with him.. he may be one of those individuals. At the very least.. he has hindered investigations and focused attention off of missing children and on to himself... which really upsets me.
    She should not have anyones names and numbers who participated in past searches with Lindseys original core team. That information was supposed to be confidential. Now whether she took it upon herself to take those names and numbers I don't know. She did have access to them but as far as I know.. the original sheets with peoples names, numbers, addresses and email addresses were destroyed after we closed the search center. I have a file of most of the past searchers email addresses but she never had access to it.

If Lindseys team decides to have searches.. I would personally send out an email from my findlindseybaum.com email address. Phone calls are never made. The only reason we even had your phone numbers in the first place were so we could reach you during a search if the need arose.

I hope that helps clear up some of this craziness. I apologize if you were contacted and someone misrepresented themselves. Lindseys Core team would never do that.

Also: Just so it's clear. Harry Oakes was not involved in this search. But Jennifer Mau has been known to work with him in the past. I don't know anything about him.. only what I've been told.

And another also: Everything stated above in this thread and on the Websleuths forum is strictly my opinion. No slander is intended.
    Last edited by JenniferO; 11-11-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Local folks might want to pick up the Nov 1th Vidette, on page A 7 is an article titled "Lindsey Baum search unofficial". The Vidette does have a web site but they don't have all their articles posted, so far I don't see this one available online.

Does have a statement from Undersheriff Rick Scott - theme basically being that the Oakville area search was unofficial and for tips to be turned in to the lead agency Grays Harbor County Sheriff toll free (866) 915-8299.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahC View Post
    Local folks might want to pick up the Nov 1th Vidette, on page A 7 is an article titled "Lindsey Baum search unofficial". The Vidette does have a web site but they don't have all their articles posted, so far I don't see this one available online.

Does have a statement from Undersheriff Rick Scott - theme basically being that the Oakville area search was unofficial and for tips to be turned in to the lead agency Grays Harbor County Sheriff toll free (866) 915-8299.
    Correction - The Vidette issue is for Nov 10, 2011

Mods? I have the article from the Vidette. Is it possible for me to scan it and post it? Or is that a no no?

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    Mods? I have the article from the Vidette. Is it possible for me to scan it and post it? Or is that a no no?
    Jennifer - I'm pretty sure that is a copy right violation and it is not allowed.

However, as a verified member you could paraphrase for us and point out the highlights.

Salem

Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Jennifer - I'm pretty sure that is a copy right violation and it is not allowed.

However, as a verified member you could paraphrase for us and point out the highlights.

Salem
    Ok, wasn't sure about the copy right thing.

The article states that GH County sheriffs office was not contacted prior to the search. They were not aware of why they were doing it or what had prompted the search.
    It goes on to state that when the sheriffs office was finally able to get a hold of Jennifer Mau late last week she told them that "someone had received an anonymous email that a subject had some knowledge or involvement and so they were searching for evidence that would support that"
    The article states that anyone who believes they may have any information about the disappearance of Lindsey are asked to call the GH County sheriffs office directly.

So what type of evidence would they find tromping around Capitol Forest that would connect a specific person to Lindsey's disappearance? A name tag, a piece of mail with their name on it or
    something carved in a tree that says "Billy-Bob was here" ---- >

Once they found said evidence were they going to call the FBI or GHCSO?
    I hope and she felt like a afterwards.
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2