OR OR - Randy Woodfield, The I-5 Killer

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Woodfield didn’t seem to hate women — that is, with the exception of true-crime author Ann Rule, who he unsuccessfully attempted to sue for libel for her book about him, The I-5 Killer. He wanted to make sure that I thought Ann Rule was all wrong in her estimation of him and it was clear he had read her book carefully. "You think Ann Rule lied about me having ‘shark’ eyes? Maybe I just looked a little scared or depressed in my bogus trial for murder? Ya think?" He also denies her accusation that he has small hands, herpes and a low I.Q.

http://www.charlespresspub.com/woodfield.html

Portland detectives definitively link I-5 killer Randy Woodfield to 5 more deaths

snip....The new technology led to the five cases detailed Thursday: In 2009, they got a hit on the Fix and Altig cases. They hit on the Beaverton murder of Julie Reitz, a teenager who met Woodfield when he was a bouncer at a tavern and she used a fake ID card to gain admittance.

The new DNA results, combined with old ballistic evidence, also tied Woodfield even more tightly to the Shasta County slaying of a mother and her 14-year-old daughter.
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/05/portland_detectives_definitely.html

Let's not forget his victims.

* Darcey Renee Fix, 22, and Douglas Keith Altig, 24. Found shot to death in their North Portland home on Thanksgiving Day in 1980.
* Jannell Jarvis, 14, and her mother, Donna Eckard, 37. Found in their Shasta County, Calif., home on Feb. 3, 1981.
* Julie Reitz, 18. Found in the Beaverton home she shared with her mother on Feb. 15, 1981. Likely killed close to midnight on Valentine's Day.

:rose: Rest in Peace. The truth about what happened to all of you has been revealed :rose:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2012/05/portland_detectives_definitely.html

Thanks Kimster for listing the victims. Looks like I forgot

Other possible victims

Cherie Ayers, 29

Known areas
California, Oregon, Washington and possibly other states.

They are showing this SK on ID channel now called Evil, 1-The Bad Samaritan. It probably repeats later. It does repeat at 1am EST and 8/31 at noon. (EST)

Lengthy (and excellent) SI/True Crime examination of this one:

The I-5 Killer

With the 428th pick in the 1974 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers selected. . . one of the most violent killers in U.S. history. No one is saying football led Randall Woodfield down his dark path—but did it perhaps deter him from it, at least for a while?
---

How did I grow up near GB, WI and become GB Packer AND a true crime fanatic, and now know about Woodefield's connection to WI? I also attended PSU, his undergrad.
I was researching cold case murders of women in WI and found that at least 2 MN women are thought to be his earlier vics from when he drove to WI after signing with the Packers. I wonder how many other women along the OR to WI route can be connected?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back