899 users online (164 members and 735 guests)  

Websleuths News

WA-Mom rescues tot from washing machine

Washington mom rescues tot from washing machine
    Originally published Tuesday, November 8, 2011 at 5:57 AM

A Washington state woman used a wrench to break the window of a running washing machine and rescue her 5-year-old daughter at a Laundromat in Okanogan

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Good for her, it's called parenting. It would have been even more impressive if she had had the skills to keep her kid out of the washer like the rest of us do every day. Now she's going to have a scar on her back, from the 10 inch wound. Even if it's marked out of order, you don't let your five year old play in a washer, that's a no brainer. I hope that there is some sort of investigation as to whether her mother put her in there in the first place, and if she did, someone needs to get "mom" a brain. JMO.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

OH, oh oh I have a washing machine story!

When I was 4 or 5 my mother had an old fashioned wringer washer. One day she put some clothes in it and started it and went to do something else while they washed. I slipped out there and decided to "help." I had watched my mom run the clothes through the wringer before and I knew how to start it. I did. Then I picked up clothes and started running them through the wringer.

Unfortunately I wasn't as smart or grownup or ready to work a wringer washer as I thought I was. My hand got caught in the wringer and started feeding through. By the time my mom heard my screams and got there I was up to may elbow in the wringer.

Trip to the ER and nothing was broken, no skin tears or nothing. But the weirdest thing. Where my skin had wrinkled and become so compressed, I had a mark on my skin. It took almost 50 years before it finally went away.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    OH, oh oh I have a washing machine story!

When I was 4 or 5 my mother had an old fashioned wringer washer. One day she put some clothes in it and started it and went to do something else while they washed. I slipped out there and decided to "help." I had watched my mom run the clothes through the wringer before and I knew how to start it. I did. Then I picked up clothes and started running them through the wringer.

Unfortunately I wasn't as smart or grownup or ready to work a wringer washer as I thought I was. My hand got caught in the wringer and started feeding through. By the time my mom heard my screams and got there I was up to may elbow in the wringer.

Trip to the ER and nothing was broken, no skin tears or nothing. But the weirdest thing. Where my skin had wrinkled and become so compressed, I had a mark on my skin. It took almost 50 years before it finally went away.
    bbm wow, mysteriew! i bet you thought it would be there forever! we used a wringer as well and as a teen i got my really long hair caught in it several times but i was old enough to be using the thing and was able to flip the little thingy that let the wringers separate before it hurt me. i bet your mother was beside herself, just as this mother must have been. i feel so bad that the little girl got a 10 inch gash on her back from the ordeal, but glad she is going to be ok.
    "Love one another. As I have loved you, love one another." Jesus

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    That mother is good under stress. I do not blame how the child got in there, children move fast. Great for the mom to figure out what to do! And I am glad the child is ok besides the cut.