1243 users online (294 members and 949 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

GA - High School Junior beaten in classroom; 4 students face charges

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/west...xtype=rss_news

This is so sad ...

A Westlake High School junior had to be hospitalized with serious injuries after being beaten in a classroom attack Monday by four other students who will face charges, a school system spokeswoman said.

The 16-year-old victim's mother said he suffered a broken nose and jaw and underwent surgery Tuesday, and that he will remain at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston for another three days.

More at link ....

Quote Originally Posted by LaWanda View Post
    http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/west...xtype=rss_news

This is so sad ...

A Westlake High School junior had to be hospitalized with serious injuries after being beaten in a classroom attack Monday by four other students who will face charges, a school system spokeswoman said.

The 16-year-old victim's mother said he suffered a broken nose and jaw and underwent surgery Tuesday, and that he will remain at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston for another three days.

More at link ....
    This story hit home for me. My cousin's son was sitting in school one day about 15 years ago and some ****s came rushing into the room, chased him outside and right in front of a schoolbus that was waiting for school to end, beat him really badly. The schoolbus driver called 911. He was in the hospital for a while and suffered head injuries. I am not sure what the outcome was and if any of those guys went to jail, etc., but it sure was scary. I think, unfortunately, he did know them, and they were obviously targeting him for whatever reason. The schoolbus driver said they were stomping his head.

He is now married and is a father and a good role model for his children.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Fields View Post
    This story hit home for me. My cousin's son was sitting in school one day about 15 years ago and some ****s came rushing into the room, chased him outside and right in front of a schoolbus that was waiting for school to end, beat him really badly. The schoolbus driver called 911. He was in the hospital for a while and suffered head injuries. I am not sure what the outcome was and if any of those guys went to jail, etc., but it sure was scary. I think, unfortunately, he did know them, and they were obviously targeting him for whatever reason. The schoolbus driver said they were stomping his head.

He is now married and is a father and a good role model for his children.

Oh My Goodness!!! I'm glad he got better. Some of these people who have head injuries are never the same people. He had an angel watching over him for sure!

Something like that JUST happened at my sisters school! I don't like violence, but at least if there is going to be a fight, let it be fair and one on one.
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Sounds like at least some of it could have been avoided

That same student was arrested Oct. 28 for assaulting a school resource officer and was allowed back to school Nov. 1, according to Panitch.

I am so thankful that my children are grown and out of school. Reading about this makes me think that maybe LE should be in school and be able to use a taser on punks who attack innocent people. Today's violent society boggles my mind.