1575 users online (252 members and 1323 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Helen Kilgore, 13, Corpus Christi, 13 April 1984

http://www.kcentv.com/story/15981952...-bosque-county

Posted: Nov 07, 2011 4:12 PM Updated: Nov 07, 2011 4:12 PM
    By Ashley Goudeau

27 Year Old Cold Murder Case Re-Opened in Bosque County

I came home from school and I was given a note from the person I was seeing at the time and it was a run away note from my sister that she had left," Kelly says.

Kelly admits, Helen would often run away, but only for a day or two at a time to stay with friends. And she never left a note.
    Four days later Helen's body was found wrapped in a quilt by the side of the road. She had been beaten from heat to toe and shot to the head.

http://coldcaseusa.blogspot.com/2011...fusing-to.html
    Saturday, October 15, 2011

Picture is from first link in this posting. Support and prayers for her sister.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cold Case Murder of Helen Kilgore

http://www.kiiitv.com/news/local/spe...gore/434794301

It was 1984 when a 13-year-old girl missing from Corpus Christi was found brutally murdered. Her name was Helen Kilgore, and to this day, no one has ever been convicted of the crime.

The girl's family desparately continues to search for answer, and as 3News found out, there are new efforts underway right now to solve the cold case.

"She would have been somebody in life. She would have made it somewhere," said Helen's sister Kelly as she scrolled through cherished family photos.

"That's all we have left," she said.
    Chief Deputy Clint Pullin of the Bosque County Sheriff's Office has now reopened Helen's cold case.

"I believe in some point in time, we will find out who did this," Pullin said. "It's just a matter of time, and it's been a long enough time as it is. Time to finally try to close the book on this case and find out who the shooter is."

Still, solving the case has proven difficult due to a lack of evidence.

"It's limited because not always do we have the same evidence here that we did in 1984. There is some evidence that is no longer here," Pullin said. "When we have an investigation like this and it's an old cold case, we need help."

Kelly Kilgore has now turned to local Private Investigator Bill Schaefer with Park and Associates.

"There's plenty of unsolved murders around here, but Helen's is the one that crossed our plate and we're going to try and do the best we can," Schaefer said.