GUILTY CA - Jessica Bradford for starving newborn to death, Whitmore, 23 Sept 2011

peeples

Reaction score
Jessica Nicole Bradford

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/29713689/detail.html?hpt=ju_bn6

Bradford said she thought about giving the baby up for adoption, but eventually decided against it. She admitted to neglecting the baby by not giving it any food or breast milk. She said she kept the baby in a vacant building on campus for those first four days and would check on it periodically while she still worked, visited her boyfriend and drove to Redding at least two times.

Bradford said she didn't name the baby because she didn't want to become attached to it.

OMG, it just gets worse and worse, poor baby. Didn't anyone notice she was pregnant one day and not the next, and no baby?
RIP little one

in what universe is it preferable to just let the baby starve rather than utilize the safe haven law that was put into place for just this type of desperate situation? that poor little baby, all alone.
R.I.P. little Angel

her baby girl was born on my (angel in heaven) baby daughter's birthday

RIP little one ~ may you fly high & dance in the sky with my girl

I hope she is punished to the full extent of the law.In this age and time there is no excuse for her actions.If she did not want the baby an abortion would have been kinder then starving a baby to death.To have the baby just to leave it to die is horrible,too bad she did not leave the baby at a hospital so someone could adopt the baby.

What is wrong with mothers (should I even dare call them what they really are!)
It seems like disposabe baby days.
Everytime I hear the news, another baby is missing, dead or neglected!
Babies are HUMANS! Throw the book, it is MURDER!
I can not believe no bonding, the selfishness and coldness of these sociopaths!

This so sickening. How could she be so cold and callous? This just makes my heart ache.

Jessica Nicole Bradford

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/29713689/detail.html?hpt=ju_bn6

Bradford said she thought about giving the baby up for adoption, but eventually decided against it. She admitted to neglecting the baby by not giving it any food or breast milk. She said she kept the baby in a vacant building on campus for those first four days and would check on it periodically while she still worked, visited her boyfriend and drove to Redding at least two times.

Bradford said she didn't name the baby because she didn't want to become attached to it.

I hope they throw premeditated murder at her.

The baby was not an it! :furious:

Me too! I mean if she wanted to kill the baby why not just suffocate the poor thing and be done with it. Why torture the baby for four days?

And the idea that she could have simply dropped her off at a hospital. LIFE please.

I wish I hadn't read this story - my heart is broken :( How can a human being neglect another human being like that. This poor, helpless little baby was left in the cold, with no milk, probably no diapers -- just left to die. Why? Any one of us here would have taken this blessed baby into our arms.

I'm so sad....

Mel

I would ave taken that baby in a NY second as most others here would have.Why is this generation so unfeeling and inhuman ? I just do not understand it.It seems they are so selfish and horrible.Makes me ill.

Last year I had a young lady come to my front door after dark with a small dog in her arms. She lived at an apartment complex across the street at the time and asked if i would take the dog in. At first I said no because we have 3 dogs, a cat and a wannabe to feed and pay vet bills for now. Then she said she feared her BF was going to kill the dog and left. I put my shoes on and ran after her and brought the dog back. In the morning I called a reputable Rescue Center and got it a home.
My point is, this young lady at my door had more compassion for this dog (which I renamed Libby to start her new life) than this mother had for her own child. It's hard for me to even fathom how two women could have such different morals.

ETA: I also advised this young lady if her BF would kill an innocent dog, she needed to get out of that relationship asap.

I would ave taken that baby in a NY second as most others here would have.Why is this generation so unfeeling and inhuman ? I just do not understand it.It seems they are so selfish and horrible.Makes me ill.

Okay, since you asked, I will give you MY take on this. I know I'll be flamed, whatever, been there, heard that. BUT, I believe the "mothers" who are abandoning/killing their babies are SELFISH - SELFISH because they were never made to own up to their own actions as children, never taught the world didn't revolve around them. Children need to know there is a more powerful force on this earth than them, and when they are little, it is the parents. Yet, how many parents actually FORCE their children to acknowledge they ain't the be all and end all? Not too many from what I've read on the internet. When you have a child that rules the roost, is never civilized/controlled, made to know there are rules (and children need this), what does anyone expect?

I know, I know, I'm all wrong, cruel and hateful. Well, I'm not, nor do I have any dead grandbabies from my 5 kids who were raised to know there are consequences.

My opinion only

I am imagining that this "chic" for lack of a better word was once a member of this modern day reform school that she was employed by. Obviously, mentally ill.. Not in the legal sense, since she made attempts to hide the pregnancy and the child to evade responsibility .. You would have to be "touched" to let any creature, let alone your flesh and blood die a slow, cold, lonely, desperate and frightening death. Deranged!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, since you asked, I will give you MY take on this. I know I'll be flamed, whatever, been there, heard that. BUT, I believe the "mothers" who are abandoning/killing their babies are SELFISH - SELFISH because they were never made to own up to their own actions as children, never taught the world didn't revolve around them. Children need to know there is a more powerful force on this earth than them, and when they are little, it is the parents. Yet, how many parents actually FORCE their children to acknowledge they ain't the be all and end all? Not too many from what I've read on the internet. When you have a child that rules the roost, is never civilized/controlled, made to know there are rules (and children need this), what does anyone expect?

I know, I know, I'm all wrong, cruel and hateful. Well, I'm not, nor do I have any dead grandbabies from my 5 kids who were raised to know there are consequences.

My opinion only

Preach!!

in what universe is it preferable to just let the baby starve rather than utilize the safe haven law that was put into place for just this type of desperate situation? that poor little baby, all alone.
R.I.P. little Angel

This makes me so flipping angry.:furious: That poor darling baby....I would have held her and loved her and protected her. So many couples desperate for a baby and this woman does this.:banghead:

I'm doing the best I can to show people the world isn't all sugar and spice, that people raised without love and moral cannot teach love and morals, and sparing the rod and spoiling the child ain't the way to go.

I don't believe in beating any child to death, starving, burning, or sexual abuse. I do believe a child's spirit needs to be controlled, guided, not necessarily broken. I see so many posts on the net where kids are king, or queen when they are young. I've even read posts where parents stay up all night just sitting there watching their sleeping babies in case something happens. Well, . . .I ain't going there right now, don't have the stomach for it.

A child doesn't know the pain it gives to someone/something else until that child experiences it. An example is - when baby bites, bite baby back. Baby DOES get the message, at least mine did, maybe they were advanced babies, I don't know, but they did quit biting. They honest to God realized biting hurts when their own skin was involved. That is what I believe is missing in today's society, the teaching of you get what you give. Today I don't see mothers doing that. What I do see are spoiled children, maybe the ones who starve and kill children. Maybe these "mothers" don't understand the pain and horror of hunger because "they" were never subjected to any such, being the perfect children their parents thought they were.

"Preach," yeah right. I could preach all day and still be a monster while children of some wonderful parents kill their children without a second thought.

This whole topic makes me sick. Bite 'em back, and they realize pain is involved. But this is a very complicated subject, and there are as many sides as there are crimes.

My opinion only

BBM - I agree with you. Children must know limits. Children have to be diciplined that is how they learn. It does seem that the younger generation has snapped, something has gone horribly wrong. There is no empathy or compassion anymore, I see it in adults too. I was/am a parent. I was not their friend while they were growing up, they had enough friends but only 2 parents. My heart breaks for these babies and children. I don't understand the mind of someone that could deliberately cause harm to one of them.
I don't know how to prevent this from happening and I don't know how to stop it.....but something has got to change.

Yeah, even I see a lot of spoiled brat here. I don't know if it's really that parents aren't raising their kids right that's causing this. I wasn't raised right, I don't have any qualms about admitting that. And yet, I never neglected, starved, beat, or broke any of my kids, at least not yet, and I don't see it happening anytime soon.
Sometimes it is the spoiled brat problem, but sometimes I think it's more than that, and way beyond what any parent could cope with or fix on their own.

Sometimes I think that all the good parenting in the world can't fix these problems. My mother had a theory that if you overparent, and never let your child rebel on small things, they will eventually rebel in other areas when they get older. There was a study some years ago that seemed to support that, since they said if you missed a developmental stage when growing up, you would later repeat that stage. (Adults that suck their thumbs or are into infant role playing, so on and so forth.) You have to set rules and boundaries, you have to enforce them, and at the same time, you have to let a child rebel a little, test the boundaries, so on and so forth. And for every kid, that has to be done in a different way, and every parent is going to handle it in a different way...I don't think it's as simple as good parent vs. bad parent. You can be an excellent parent and raise a serial killer, and you can be a serial killer and raise a wonderful child. I think it's a combination of parenting, outside influence, and internal factors like mental illness or sociopathy (which to me is different from your standard mental illness.) JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back