Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #4

Exclamation WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #4

Please continue here.

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153949"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154079"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154154"]Thread #3[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153950"]Information & Support thread[/ame]
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 11-09-2011 at 11:18 PM.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Sounds like she's getting a little paranoid, thinking "everyone" in the mediation is against her and it was unfair. This doesn't bode well for her general psychological well-being.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Bumping- thanks Rabid

http://www.king5.com/news/Missing-bo...133499358.html

KING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage.

Reposting this since it might be missed from one of the last posts of the previous thread:

" KING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage."

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    ING 5 News has learned that authorities searching for missing two-year-old Sky Metalwala inspected two garbage transfer stations and a landfill on Tuesday and now believe there is the possibility that they may need to begin digging through 50,000 tons of garbage.

FBI agents, among other law enforcement, visited the Houghton Transfer Station in Kirkland and the Factoria Transfer Station in Bellevue, as well as the Cedar Hills landfill where garbage that passes through those facilities is buried.

No information on what they found was provided. It is not uncommon in cases like this to trace garbage. Earlier this week authorities searched Dumpsters and trash chutes in the building where Julia Biryukova lives with her children.
    Stay tuned for updates.
    This bee my opinion

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    Jinx and thanks!

9. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RabidBadger For This Useful Post:

^^^^ Also from same link above:

•Dogs did not pick up any scent of Sky outside the car during the search Sunday.

11. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    Whoa, that page is already no longer available according to KING! Anyone get a screen cap?
    Sorry, I fixed the link.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chasing.halos For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Bringing this over from the last thread:

Not unless said child/children weren't born in the U.S. Typically, a birth certificate is sufficient. Same for adults, but photo I.D. is required, too (driver's license, state-issued photo I.D.). Most U.S. citizens can also travel by plane/ship to Canada, Mexico, and most islands in the Caribbean without an official passport, but the passport "card" is required (not as expensive but very restrictive in terms of where one can travel).
    In the past few years, I think the airline rules have changed so that if you board a plane in the US for int'l travel, you have to have a passport - even to the Bahamas now. The airlines require it for re-entry so they check before you board.

The card is only good for travel by boat or by car, not by plane -- I think. We just renewed all of our passports last year and got cards as well, and I think that's correct. But I could be wrong.

However, I don't think it matters in this case. I think if she were going to flee with the kids, she would have gone with both. Because now she is going to be under that much more scrutiny and would be risking never being reunited with Sky if she had in fact sent him ahead of time.

I don't think he's being hidden, either. And that only leaves one option in my mind.

That's JMO, though.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

15. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    You are right pizza.. she said they would be on a list.... due to the custody agreement... I will look for that post too
    LOL...saw my batsignal!

In cases of joint custody it is a requirement to have both parents sign the child's passport application. If both signatures are unattainable a declaration must accompany the application in person and the applying parent must have the other parents notarized consent.

In cases of sole custody the parent making the application must submit the order granting sole legal/physical custody (unless the order prohibits travel) with the application made in person. In my case they did verify the legal documents were legitimate.

If these children did not already have passports prior to the commencement of divorce proceedings it is unlikely they will be issued one now on those requirements alone. However parents who fear their children will be victims of IPA have the recourse to also enter their children's names into the CPIAP - children's passport issuance alert program. It's a flagging system that lets parents know when a passport application is submitted in their child's name.

HTH
    "Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

17. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:

Another thought on the childcare: She might have stopped paying and taking them, or might have used up the money alotted to take them to daycare elsewhere, and therefore, stopped taking them. I'm not sure law enforcement would say that the daycare said, 'Oh, she stopped paying so we told her she can't leave the kids.'

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Magdalyn For This Useful Post:

There's also comments under this article.

My son is 11 now and we had to get a passport to take him to Cyprus when he was 2 years old. I can't imagine you can board a plane in the US and take them overseas. But perhaps they took him to Canada.

I have a bad feeling about this case though. A car on the side of the road these days would get someone's attention because it is so unusual since so many people have cell phones.

I can't imagine if she stood outside her car that no one would stop to help her, she's an attractive blonde chick. Some guy would have pulled over. So why in the world would she leave this kid.

I also think most people would not break into the car and steal the baby since it would be something a passerby would likely remember.

I have a feeling she knows more than she is saying and that the little girl has turned into her alibi of sorts. I think the child may think she saw the boy in the car but really it was just bundled up blankets.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

22. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chewy For This Useful Post:

Dang! Wrote a post and thread was closed. Just a couple thoughts from the presser I didn't see posted before.

While no one has seen Sky in several weeks, someone asked if mom and daughter had been seen w/o Sky and he said yes, he thought so and he'd check on that.

Mom and kids were apparently living a "reclusive" life and it's not strange that they hadn't been seen.

Mom admitted she left kids at home alone for long stretches of time but he would not confirm when those times were.

Mom's lawyer says she's "too distraught" to take a poly.

Interview with 4yo was "frustrating"--they didn't think she'd say he was in the car.

As for the one hour away from the car (which makes me wonder what the heck was she doing all that time), he said the timeline itself didn't bother him, just the choices she made. So perhaps she had an explanation for all that time.

Chevron gas station she ended up at does not seem to have video and while they don't think she was lying about the route she took that morning they have yet to find video along the way to corroborate that.

I guess they talked to friend she called who says she's incredulous about the mom leaving him behind in the car like that.

OK, that's all I think. Next presser at 3:30 PST.

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    Sounds like she's getting a little paranoid, thinking "everyone" in the mediation is against her and it was unfair. This doesn't bode well for her general psychological well-being.
    Isn't it odd for mediation to go for 11 hours? I would think they would stop and give it a rest if things hadn't been wrapped up in a reasonable amount of time. After all, regardless of the situation, the stress of being there must be exhausting--which I'd think would NOT be conducive to getting an agreement.

Not that it matters really, it's just been bugging me.

25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlneedham For This Useful Post:

In the King5 video linked above the reporter said they talked to Sheli Owien, a woman believed to be a friend of Biryukova and the person police believe Biryukova called for help after Biryukova said she ran out of gas and left Sky in the car to walk to a gas station. She told the reporter she was going inside headquarters to take a polygraph today. The reporter is hoping to talk to Shelbi on her way out.

27. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

http://g.co/maps/2v6zr

I have added all the transfer stations and the landfill to the map
    This bee my opinion

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by MizStery View Post
    In the King5 video linked above the reporter said they talked to Sheli Owien, a woman believed to be a friend of Biryukova and the person police believe Biryukova called for help after Biryukova said she ran out of gas and left Sky in the car to walk to a gas station. She told the reporter she was going inside headquarters to take a polygraph today. The reporter is hoping to talk to Shelbi on her way out.
    I think Shelbi unwittingly is Julia's version of an alibi. JMO
    "Emotional abuse isn't calling someone a name; it isn't simply raising your voice at someone you're meant to love...it's a concerted effort, a campaign, designed with the sole purpose of destruction. Your destruction. Emotional abuse crushes your spirit. It steals a piece of your soul. It changes everything about you and how you interact with others. You are never the same having survived it. In its wake, you question everything you ever thought you knew. You wonder what's wrong with you. You believe you aren't worth loving. You doubt yourself - constantly. And you learn to live with scars no one sees."

30. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:

I hope the mom is being watched closely. I fear she may try suicide. This is just a thought I had and pure speculation on my part, but if she was already having issues, she may really start feeling cornered and desperate.

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

There will be another media briefing this afternoon.

This morning, there was also a court hearing in Kent to determine the temporary placement of Biryukova and Metalwala’s daughter who has been in protective custody since November 6.

Veronica Freitas, Biryukova’s attorney, said her client would not be appearing in court today.

Police have requested that Biryukova does not have any contact with M****
    http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-moth...,3037690.story
    This bee my opinion

34. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by chasing.halos View Post
    ^^^^ Also from same link above:

Okay, so doesn't this pretty much tell us that Sky wasn't in the car on Sunday?

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

It's almost like her life has been a facade.Being the perfect mom, having the nice house, family, hubby,beautiful children, until the walls started crashing in somewhere in 2010. Obviously she has some sort of mental illness IMO and I agree her friendship with Shelby is along the lines of keeping up with the "Jonses" if you will. I also believe Shelby is a victim in all this mental mess.

Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlneedham View Post
    Isn't it odd for mediation to go for 11 hours? I would think they would stop and give it a rest if things hadn't been wrapped up in a reasonable amount of time. After all, regardless of the situation, the stress of being there must be exhausting--which I'd think would NOT be conducive to getting an agreement.

Not that it matters really, it's just been bugging me.
    I had the same thought. After about 3 hours, I can't imagine thinking that mediation would be helpful, and would result in a binding agreement between these two.

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JeannaT For This Useful Post:

Someone asked what dad does? He owns a store from what I see and mom is a full time mom...as a single woman? <Mod Snip>. Ive not yet met a single mom who stays home. The drama between both of them is money. I bet we will see that unfold.
    Last edited by imamaze; 11-09-2011 at 07:33 PM. Reason: no name calling
    “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”
    DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for recreational purposes only. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. For off-road use only. One size fits all. Slippery when wet. No purchase necessary. Use only in well-ventilated area. This supersedes all previous notices.

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ClassyT For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast