TX - Mother's boyfriend puts baby in scalding water

......”left in the care of his mother’s boyfriend”

“immersed in scalding water”

grrrrrrrrrrr......

I hate this so much. How can a functioning adult possibly do this? He had to have thought far enough ahead to realize the child would be severely injured and need medical attention, if he thought far enough ahead to boil the water.

another worthless boyfriend harming an innocent child. i will say a prayer for the baby. thankfully the outcome of this wasn't worse, as it is in so many other of these cases.

June 2012:

According to court officials, the plea agreement will require Peña to serve 180 days in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice facility prior to appearing before a judge again, at which time his behavior will be evaluated and determined whether he must serve an additional seven-and-a-half-years.If Peña's behavior is satisfactory, however, court officials say he will be allowed to serve the seven-and-a-half-years as probation.

See more at: http://www.bigspringherald.com/content/stanton-man-pleads-guilty-burning-child#sthash.jVXpYHpX.dpuf

June 2012:

...the Howard County District Attorney's Office explained to NewsWest 9 why they believe the punishment, after much investigation, does fit the crime. They report Peña had a clean record and showed remarkable remorse. Also, the baby's burns were not as severe as investigators initially thought. He didn't need any skin grafting and was left without scarring.

Now that the case is closed, the Stanton Police Department opened up to us with alarming details. Peña first told police he accidentally spilled hot water on the baby while he was cooking.

Then, his story changed.

Stanton Police Chief, Fred Schroyer, says, "While [Peña was] caring for the child, he was playing video games. He became somewhat agitated with the child fusing and crying and put the child in the bathtub with the intent to give him a bath and put him in bed."

Peña then turned on mostly hot water and left the bathroom to continue with his video game in another room.

"He then returned to care for the child upon hearing the child cry and at that time the water in the bathtub was actually steaming and the child had already been burned by the hot water," Schroyer said.

http://www.newswest9.com/story/1871...y-burn-in-hot-water-leaves-locals-frusterated

I can understand not knowing what a baby's bath is supposed to be if you have never done it. But if you cannot tolerate it with your hand, it is too hot for baby. Plus a baby's skin is so thin and more fragile than an adult. Some common sense should come into play. Babies need loving babysitters, not boyfriends with no experience. Women are the natural caregivers. Young single adult males playing videogames are not.

I can understand not knowing what a baby's bath is supposed to be if you have never done it. But if you cannot tolerate it with your hand, it is too hot for baby. Plus a baby's skin is so thin and more fragile than an adult. Some common sense should come into play. Babies need loving babysitters, not boyfriends with no experience. Women are the natural caregivers. Young single adult males playing videogames are not.

That all depends on whose hand you use. The stuff I can tolerate will burn the hide off a little one. I use a thermometer, and there's no way video games and bath time for little ones mix ever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back