1210 users online (239 members and 971 guests)  

Websleuths News

Missouri Woman Found Fused to Recliner in Home

Missouri Woman found fused to recliner in home.

http://news.yahoo.com/missouri-woman...215238139.html
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

That poor woman.

ETA: The article states the son was honoring her wishes to die, by letting her just sit in the chair, and not helping her up for bathing or caregiving. If she really wanted to die, she would have refused the food he gave her, I would think, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    That poor woman.

ETA: The article states the son was honoring her wishes to die, by letting her just sit in the chair, and not helping her up for bathing or caregiving. If she really wanted to die, she would have refused the food he gave her, I would think, anyway.
    I also feel that way. My mom is in her late 80's and I have a brother who takes care of her. No way would my brother myself or any family member let my mom be treated in such a way. There has to be more going on than we know. Such a very sad story, makes one think of who will be are caretaker, when we have an elderly parent.
    Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous -
    Albert Einstein

Whether someone wishes to die or not, they have the right to be kept clean and comfortable. This clearly wasn't happening here
    England's dancing days are done...

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    That is just incredibly sad.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Jackson County prosecutors today charged an Independence man with forgery, alleging that he endorsed the Social Security check of his deceased mother.

Court records allege that James Owens cashed a $741 government check issued to his mother, three days after she died on Nov. 1.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/10...#ixzz1dMwAuPaU

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

This is disturbing. The son should be charged. I don't care if he " was honoring her wishes " as he say's, you don't sit there and let someone live * or die so to speak * in filth. If the person is going to die then they are going to die but at least let them be clean when they pass.

I think she was there a lot longer than 5 days -- especially if the skin was fused to the chair. Poor lady

Wow, It is a very fine line. He should of had a doctor come out and evaluate her competency. And then get the paperwork needed to supercede her decision making. Due to the cost of high elderly care and limited to no insurance to cover long term care it will be interesting to see the outcome of this situation. It is hard to say what he really should of done.. Maybe he tried and she became abusive and combative. In which I say before it got so bad he should of had a doctor come out and evaluate her. very sad thing to happen and it sickens me to know someone would be found in that state of affairs.