Missouri Woman Found Fused to Recliner in Home

That poor woman. :(

ETA: The article states the son was honoring her wishes to die, by letting her just sit in the chair, and not helping her up for bathing or caregiving. If she really wanted to die, she would have refused the food he gave her, I would think, anyway.

That poor woman. :(

ETA: The article states the son was honoring her wishes to die, by letting her just sit in the chair, and not helping her up for bathing or caregiving. If she really wanted to die, she would have refused the food he gave her, I would think, anyway.

I also feel that way. My mom is in her late 80's and I have a brother who takes care of her. No way would my brother myself or any family member let my mom be treated in such a way. There has to be more going on than we know. Such a very sad story, makes one think of who will be are caretaker, when we have an elderly parent.

Whether someone wishes to die or not, they have the right to be kept clean and comfortable. This clearly wasn't happening here

This is disturbing. The son should be charged. I don't care if he " was honoring her wishes " as he say's, you don't sit there and let someone live * or die so to speak * in filth. If the person is going to die then they are going to die but at least let them be clean when they pass.

I think she was there a lot longer than 5 days -- especially if the skin was fused to the chair. Poor lady :(

Wow, It is a very fine line. He should of had a doctor come out and evaluate her competency. And then get the paperwork needed to supercede her decision making. Due to the cost of high elderly care and limited to no insurance to cover long term care it will be interesting to see the outcome of this situation. It is hard to say what he really should of done.. Maybe he tried and she became abusive and combative. In which I say before it got so bad he should of had a doctor come out and evaluate her. very sad thing to happen and it sickens me to know someone would be found in that state of affairs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back