Penn State's Child Abuse Timeline/Media/Reference NO DISCUSSION

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please post links to media, timelines and other references here, so we have our own library.

This is a NO DISCUSSION thread. Just post your links.

Thanks,

Salem

Attorney general rebuts claim by attorney that Penn State grand jury report was flawed
Saturday, November 12, 2011
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Nils Frederiksen, spokesman for state Attorney General Linda Kelly, said, "It's clear from the findings of the grand jury that Mr. Courtney had direct dealings with both Penn State and The Second Mile and he had knowledge and was aware of the 1998 incident.

"The grand jury findings are based on evidence and testimony," he said. "There's no dispute he had interaction with both [Penn State and The Second Mile]. If he wants to engage in semantics, so be it."

Sandusky Had Access to Vulnerable Kids Via Charity

KEVIN BEGOS and MARK SCOLFORO Associated Press
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. November 12, 2011 (AP)

The very success of The Second Mile meant there was plenty of money for Sandusky to lavish on boys. A review of tax forms filed by The Second Mile shows that out of almost $3.3 million in revenue during the 2008-09 year, salaries, wages, and payments to directors totaled almost $1.4 million, along with $190,000 for "camp food" and $288,000 for "other expenses."

The Second Mile said in a statement that it has done "everything in our power to cooperate with law-enforcement officials." But Pennsylvania Attorney General Linda Kelly said that during the grand jury investigation there was an "uncooperative atmosphere" from some officials at Penn State and The Second Mile. And Gov. Tom Corbett said he believes there will be an investigation into what Second Mile officials knew.
BBM

Scandal may include Keystone Central

Williamsport Sun-Gazette
November 12, 2011

Did Keystone Central School District officials fail in their response to a student who complained in 2009 that he was sexually abused by ex-Penn State football coach Jerry Sandusky?

Was the mother's report of her son's alleged assault at Central Mountain High School discouraged and delayed by school officials, who became involved only after the victim and his mother contacted Clinton County Children and Youth Services?

Judge Who Freed Sandusky on Bail Reportedly Volunteered at His Charity

November 14, 2011
FoxNews.com

The judge who ordered former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky be freed on $100,000 unsecured bail on charges he sexually abused eight boys reportedly volunteered for his charity.

District Judge Leslie Dutchcot, who handled Sandusky's preliminary arraignment, gave his Second Mile charity between $500 and $1,000 and worked as a volunteer for the group.

Second Mile chief resigns; charity hires Lynne Abraham

The president of The Second Mile, the charity at the center of the sexual abuse case against former Penn State coach Jerry Sandusky, has resigned.....

In a letter submitted to board members Sunday, President and CEO Jack Raykovitz said that by leaving his post he hoped to help restore the community's faith in the organization.
The article also mentions that the SM Board has launched their own investigation AND hired attorney Lynne Abraham to represent them.

From nytimes.com
11/14/11

More Accusations Surface in Penn State Abuse Case

Close to 10 additional suspected victims have come forward to the authorities since the arrest of the former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky on Nov. 5 on 40 counts of sexually abusing young boys, according to people close to the investigation. The police are working to confirm the new allegations.

The news of additional accusations came on a day when Sandusky made his first extended public comments since his arrest, and the resignation of the chief executive of the Second Mile foundation...

Jerry Sandusky to Bob Costas in exclusive 'Rock Center' interview: 'I shouldn't have showered with those kids.'

Mon Nov 14, 2011
In fact, one of the toughest allegations...what [Mike] McQueary said he saw, we have information that that child said that never happened," Amendola said.

Sandusky said McQueary's claims are false.

"We were showering and horsing around and he [the boy] actually turned all the showers on and was actually sliding across the floor and we were, as I recall, possibly like snapping a towel," Sandusky said.

$3 million state grant for Second Mile put on hold

The state has put a freeze on the $3 million grant The Second Mile was slated to get for its new learning center, the future of which seems uncertain.

But, a little more than a week after Sandusky was charged with sexual abuse of minors, the county no longer wants to be part of the project.

The county, which would have acted as a conduit of the funds, notified The Second Mile on Monday that it does not want to be involved in the project.

Interview excerpt from Anderson Cooper's show “State of Shame: The Penn State Scandal”

Sandusky camp attendee Troy Craig speaks about how Sandusky made him uncomfortable.

Cooper: Troy you attended Sandusky's Second Mile camp from age 11 to 14. When you were alone with him riding in cars, was there ever any incident where he did something?

Troy Craig: Anytime riding in a vehicle with him. I can remember clearly the first time that I got into the car, in the passenger seat, we were alone in the car, I mean I'm there with him for two seconds before the doors closed and his hand is on my left thigh and it stays there, and stays there the entire car ride, and from my place to campus is about 25 to 30 minutes.

Anderson: Did he say anything about the hand?

Troy Craig: No, he wouldn't draw attention to the hand, he would treat it as if it wasn't there. We would have a conversation about how I was doing in school, what could I expect to see later that afternoon, wherever we were going.
http://www.andersoncooper.com/episodes/penn-state-scandal-state-of-shame/
"Anderson" will be airing a special episode Tuesday, November 15, 2011, "State of Shame: The Penn State Scandal." Anderson, whose audience will consist of 120 Penn State students, will speak with former members of the Penn State community, who say they considered Joe Paterno and Jerry Sandusky as family.

McQueary says he DID talk to police and DID stop the shower/locker room rape.

McQueary on alleged rape: 'I did stop it,' did have discussions with police
In the email obtained by The Morning Call, McQueary wrote that he "did have discussions with police and with the official at the university in charge of police" following the alleged incident between Sandusky, a former Penn State assistant coach, and a boy. McQueary also wrote that he "is getting hammered for handling this the right way or what I thought at the time was right."

"I had to make tough impacting quick decisions," McQueary wrote.

In the email obtained by The Morning Call, dated Nov. 8, McQueary said "I did stop it, not physically, but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room."

"No one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds," McQueary wrote. "Trust me."
bbm

Second Mile Raised Funds For Judge
myfoxphilly.com
15 Nov 2011

Documents released by a Philadelphia-area representative show The Second Mile, Jerry Sandusky's former charity, raised money for the judge who freed him on unsecured bail.

In campaign filings released by Vereb, documents show Robert Poole, the chairman of The Second Mile, held a fundraiser for Leslie Duchtot on Oct. 9, 2007 as she was running for office.
At the time, Sandusky was still with the charity as its founder.

Arizona man says Penn State officials ignored his report of abuse by a former professor
SARA GANIM, The Patriot-News
Now, one alleged victim of child sex abuse is speaking publicly about what he calls a culture of secrecy at Penn State.

When he first heard the allegations in the 40-count indictment of Sandusky, “I was enraged, very upset,” Paul McLaughlin said. The 45-year-old Arizona man said he was abused by a former Penn State professor and then ignored by university officials.

McLaughlin went to the dean of education, David Monk, and to then-president Spanier in early 2002. Both men, he said, brushed him off.

“I have a tape where [Neisworth] admits the things he’d done,” McLaughlin said. “[Spanier] treated it like an extortion attempt. I told him my concern was solely to get him away from children.”

Lawyer Says Alleged Sandusky Victim Will Testify to Severe Sexual Assault

Andreozzi said his client, now in his 20s, met Sandusky through Sandusky’s charity, the Second Mile. He said he had been around Sandusky for several years and was assaulted multiple times. Andreozzi has also advised other alleged victims in the case and said he was meeting with another potential victim this week.

Andreozzi said he talked with his client after he had listened to Sandusky’s televised telephone interview. “He was absolutely more ready to follow through with this afterward,” Andreozzi said. “He wants him to know he fully intends to testify he was severely sexually assaulted by Mr. Sandusky.”
bbm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back