797 users online (127 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE

MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/12/11

This thread is for MSM coverage of this case published today, Nov. 12, 2011.

Please keep discussion to a minimum, and take extended conversation to a new or existing thread.

Hoping that today is the day Baby Lisa is found safe!
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Those nasty police are the ones who are hard at work since Day 1 trying to find your baby, JI and DB. What have you both been doing? IMO

This is part of what makes me so mad, the article had one quote that used the word nasty "The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1dWFql4Fj

No where did the parents say the police were nasty! They're lawyer said they dealt with nasty questioning.......Unless I missed something that is not the same thing has calling the police nasty. The media needs to report the facts and stop confusing people just to make headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    This is part of what makes me so mad, the article had one quote that used the word nasty "The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1dWFql4Fj

No where did the parents say the police were nasty! They're lawyer said they dealt with nasty questioning.......Unless I missed something that is not the same thing has calling the police nasty. The media needs to report the facts and stop confusing people just to make headlines.
    Thank you! I am convinced the media is the making this the circus it has become. So many of the articles and newscasts have a sensational headline, then when you get right down to it, there's nothing to support the title.

Well it IS the parents attorney, who REPRESENTS the PARENTS. If they don't want to speak for themselves, they get this.............they chose this route.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    Well it IS the parents attorney, who REPRESENTS the PARENTS. If they don't want to speak for themselves, they get this.............they chose this route.
    The Attorney never said the cops were nasty he said the questions they asked were nasty imo that is a big difference! The article misrepresented what was said for headlines, the media has done that throughout the case its a big reason why there is so much confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixie View Post
    The Attorney never said the cops were nasty he said the questions they asked were nasty imo that is a big difference! The article misrepresented what was said for headlines, the media has done that throughout the case its a big reason why there is so much confusion.
    My bolding

No, the article didn't. The article stated exactly what you're saying.

"The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

Further down the article, Did Picerno say this?

"Picerno reiterated that Bradley and Irwin would not be questioned by police separately, saying he didn't want them to be 'subjected to interrogation techniques.' He said previous questioning 'got nasty.'"

Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    My bolding

"The gesture came as the parents of Lisa Irwin had a private gathering and their lawyer reasserted there are no plans to let police interview the couple separately after what he called 'nasty' questioning."

"Picerno reiterated that Bradley and Irwin would not be questioned by police separately, saying he didn't want them to be 'subjected to interrogation techniques.' He said previous questioning 'got nasty.'"
    Semantics. He said the questioning was nasty, not the officers themselves.

That type of journalism is usually called sensationalism. They all do it.

Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    My bolding

The article headline has the phrase "parents hit out at 'nasty' police. I don't see that at all in the
    article itself. So is the headline misleading?

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    This thread is for MSM coverage of this case published today, Nov. 12, 2011.

Please keep discussion to a minimum, and take extended conversation to a new or existing thread.

Hoping that today is the day Baby Lisa is found safe!

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    let's please move along on the use of the word nasty... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by In da Middle View Post
    Thank you! I am convinced the media is the making this the circus it has become. So many of the articles and newscasts have a sensational headline, then when you get right down to it, there's nothing to support the title.
    Moo the media didn't make this a circus.
    The parents did.
    Complete strangers made cakes for Lisa. Nothing warms the heart like love and thoughtfulness.
    Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    Semantics. He said the questioning was nasty, not the officers themselves.

That type of journalism is usually called sensationalism. They all do it.
    HUH? That's what I'm saying. The article says the questioning was nasty, not the police.

Where in the article does it state that Picerno said that the officers were nasty?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast