SC - Citadel grad/counselor/principal/coach, Louis ReVille arrested/molestation

Missizzy

Reaction score
I felt that this man "deserved" his own thread. Such a typical MO. Bright, well-regarded and surrounded by young children. The grooming was even typical. Wear down those defenses and inhibitions and make children doubt themselves.

I guess The Citadel is kicking themselves now.

http://news.yahoo.com/wake-penn-sta...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

In wake of Penn State, another college reveals abuse probe
November 12, 2011

"In the wake of the Penn State child sex abuse scandal, another university, The Citadel military college in South Carolina, revealed on Saturday that it had investigated accusations against a camp counselor but took no action. The man has since been jailed on separate charges of molesting five boys in Mount Pleasant, near Charleston, South Carolina...."

and

"...The Citadel said it investigated four years ago accusations of inappropriate conduct with children by Louis Neal "Skip" ReVille, who was a counselor at the military school's camp. ReVille is a graduate of The Citadel, the college said, and worked as a counselor at the school's camp for three summers between 2001 and 2003...."

and

"...In 2007, a former camper at The Citadel Summer Camp informed the school that five years earlier, when he was 14, ReVille invited him and another boy into his room where the three watched *advertiser censored* on ReVille's computer and masturbated, college officials said...."

and

"...A thorough review of Mr. ReVille's records revealed no other complaints, and interviews indicated that he was highly regarded by those at camp. His file included a clean background check conducted by an outside organization. Unlike his admissions to current charges, Mr. ReVille strongly denied the accusation...."

and

"...After graduation from The Citadel, ReVille was a principal at Coastal Christian Preparatory School and had coached sports for years at several area schools and recreation centers..."

and

"...He was arrested in October on the child molestation charges...."

more at link

About the arrest:

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/157152/2/Mt-Pleasant-Coach--Asst-Principal-Arrested-on-Sex-Charges

Mt. Pleasant Coach & Asst. Principal Arrested on Sex Charges
October 31, 2011

"A Mount Pleasant coach has been arrested and charged with sexually molesting children. Thirty-two-year-old Louis Neal ReVille has been charged with three counts of criminal sexual conduct with a minor and three counts of lewd acts on a minor.

ReVille has worked as assistant upper school principal at Coastal Christian Preparatory School. He also has been tennis coach at Bishop England High School. Court documents say ReVille is accused of inappropriately touching and performing sex on three teen males...."

More at link (plus mug shot)

And this:

It sounds like the charges are adding up. Can be certain that ReVille is remorseful for his actions or might he be merely disappointed that he got caught?

http://www.wrdw.com/news/headlines/...ing_5_boys_he_formerly_coached_133701238.html

Mount Pleasant man accused of molesting 5 boys he formerly coached
November 11, 2011

"Police in Hanahan say they expect to bring six more charges against a Charleston-area educator and coach already accused of molesting five boys...."

and

"...[Louis] ReVille, arrested last month, is already charged in nearby Mount Pleasant with five counts of sexually assaulting boys whom he coached. ReVille's lawyer said during a hearing on the earlier charges that his client is "extremely remorseful" for his actions..."

More at link

I thought ReVille had just about covered all his bases but here's another. He led a young men's Bible study group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=198430592748

Young Men's Bible Study with Skip ReVille
Weekly bible study held at Velocity Sports Performance.

Oh, yet another!!

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/15955865/reville-was-a-foster-parent

ReVille was a foster parent
November 3, 2011

"Louis "Skip" ReVille, the Mount Pleasant man accused of child molestation, was a foster parent, according to state authorities. Marilyn Matheus, spokeswoman for the S.C. Department of Social Services says four children were fostered with ReVille during 2004 and 2006...."

more at link (plus video)

And an interesting article about how child sex offenders "work":

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/15918578/predators-can-follow-pattern-of-behavior

Expert: Child predators follow pattern of behavior
October 31, 2011

"According to experts, sexual abuse crimes against children can cause devastating damage to a child. The act itself is often repeated by the offender, and offenders are good at what they do. Likewise, they often act alike. It's a profile aimed at luring victims of abuse...."

and

"...People who seek access to children for sexual purposes, people who seek access to children in a private kind of way, people whose focus tends to be on children," Ralston says. "They are very skilled in what we call grooming the child." Ralston says offenders may entice kids with gifts or special favors. In many cases they do so with two motivations. "One is sexual arousal to children that would be pedophile. The other is power and control, feeling not comfortable with age mates." Being an educator and coach, ReVille had ongoing interaction with his alleged accusers...."

more at link

Round em' up and lock em' up! I'm beyond sick of it. To those out there who haven'y yet been caught, might as well turn yourselves in right now cause we're coming to get ya.

For those who don't often read our "helping professionals" molestation and child *advertiser censored* threads, this is just FAR too common. The MO seems to follow a script. We literally have categories for clergy, teachers, therapists, coaches, doctors, LEOs, firefighters, foster parents, mentors, scout leaders, school resource officers, school bus drivers, camp counselors, day care providers, Santas, Disney workers. Just when we think we've found someone in a unique profession, we discover that nope, it's been done before.

You name it. If children are present....the pedophiles are standing close by, cheerfully volunteering to help.

Had many friends attend the Citadel. Very surprised they were not more proactive about this.

Had many friends attend the Citadel. Very surprised they were not more proactive about this.

I think the problem with the Citadel charge was that the accuser spoke up 5 years after the incident (not making an excuse, just saying that's a long time and the incident would be harder to corroborate).

I know the family of Reville's wife. They are beyond devastated, and his wife is in absolute denial. I believe she must be in a state of shock, which is understandable given that she just had triplets. I cannot imagine being in her shoes. They have only been married since 2009, though they knew each other through church for years and were friends before they dated and eventually married. She had in vitro because he had fertility issues.

Reville's brother is openly gay, and he has said he would not be surprised if Reville commits suicide.

I think the problem with the Citadel charge was that the accuser spoke up 5 years after the incident (not making an excuse, just saying that's a long time and the incident would be harder to corroborate).

I know the family of Reville's wife. They are beyond devastated, and his wife is in absolute denial. I believe she must be in a state of shock, which is understandable given that she just had triplets. I cannot imagine being in her shoes. They have only been married since 2009, though they knew each other through church for years and were friends before they dated and eventually married. She had in vitro because he had fertility issues.

Reville's brother is openly gay, and he has said he would not be surprised if Reville commits suicide.

They JUST moved into a new home very close to one of my relatives. I went to Bishop England and my kids have been involved in the MP rec programs for years.
Why don't we listen to kids when they come forward? Can you imagine how difficult that must have been,only to go nowhere?

My prayers for his wife and babies. They will have a rough road .I hope our community rallies around them. She will need to grieve for the life she thought they would have .Be kind.

Suicide would not surprise me ,either.

He has admitted to molesting boys .

With all due respect the 14 year old boy "accuser" spoke up five years later and? How did they corroborate? The man had a clean record? Obviously he did since no young boy had spoken up yet.

If we are going to go on the summation that victims "accusers" waiting x amount of years to speak out will just wipe the slate clean than the entire Catholic Church can get their loot back, Second Mile and Penn State can rewind and I owe an apology to someone for waiting until I was an adult to tell I was raped as a child.

My sympathy to this poor wife. Triplets and her old man is locked up for years of hurting young boys.

His brother being openly gay though I don't see where that would have anything to do with it.

With all due respect the 14 year old boy "accuser" spoke up five years later and? How did they corroborate? The man had a clean record? Obviously he did since no young boy had spoken up yet.

If we are going to go on the summation that victims "accusers" waiting x amount of years to speak out will just wipe the slate clean than the entire Catholic Church can get their loot back, Second Mile and Penn State can rewind and I owe an apology to someone for waiting until I was an adult to tell I was raped as a child.

My sympathy to this poor wife. Triplets and her old man is locked up for years of hurting young boys.

His brother being openly gay though I don't see where that would have anything to do with it.

I agree with your thoughts, from what I understand the citadel charge was that there was more than one boy invited back to Reville's room to view *advertiser censored*, I don't know if the citadel was able to interview that person or persons, and what they may have said.

You are right, the brother being gay has nothing to do with Reville. I guess the only reason I mentioned it is that there is talk in the wife's family that Reville's family is pretty dysfunctional, and that perhaps there was sexual abuse of Reville and his brother (remember these are Christians and a gay lifestyle is not viewed as mainstream). In any event, they are all having a terrible time processing this, and some in the family are questioning how Reville's wife didn't know. I just hope it doesn't tear her family apart, she doesn't need more heartache.

Apologies are wonderful. Vigils are great. Let's not forget for a single second, though, that one out of every three girls and one out of every five-six boys are sexually abused before the age of 18, per government statistics. Look around you, children you know and love are being abused and are too terrified or too ashamed to speak out. As I type this, more and more are having their innocence ripped away--often in their own homes, schools, churches or gyms.

We, as a society, have to do more to stop this vile tsunami of abuse. Educate yourself on the statistics, the pedophiles' MO, open up the channels of communication with the children in your life. Let them know that they are NEVER to blame for this heinous crime even though the abuser will tell them they are. Reassure them that you will protect them and stand by their side as they disclose and will care for them throughout their healing process. Their abuser is telling them that no one will believe them. Let them know that is a lie. Let them know that they can talk about any issues that concern them, scare them and hurt them. We have to turn this ship around.

These children are our future and they are being wounded to their very core by these heartless attacks on their young and tender bodies and souls.

This case is no smaller than Penn State but has benefited from the focus on Penn State. He pled guilty, apologised to his victims and received 50 years. He will be supervised for 7 years following any release.

23 children now men came forward. The Citadel knew in 2007 and did nothing.

The Citadel says it is not a mandatory reporter and it will vigorously defend itself against lawsuits that have been filed.

Give it up. Talk about tarnished. At least Reville crawled out from under his rock and did the only honorable thing since this mess started for him.

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-citadel-camp-counselor-pleads-guilty-sex-abuse-023033124.html

Judge rejects child molester Skip ReVille's re-sentencing request (with clip)

May 29th 2019

"CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCIV) — A judge Wednesday denied a request by serial child molester Louis "Skip" ReVille for a restructured sentence.

ReVille was sentenced in 2012 to 50 years in prison for molesting at least 22 children while he worked as a teacher, coach and counselor at The Citadel, other schools, churches and elsewhere.

ReVille in 2018 asked Judge Markley Dennis to reconsider that sentence so he could enter a S.C. Dept. of Correction in a sex offender rehabilitation program.

An attorney for ReVille asked Judge Dennis to reduce the sentence to 37-42 years.

Judge Dennis said in Wednesday's hearing that he understood and appreciated ReVille's need for treatment, but ultimately denied the request...."

Judge rejects child molester Skip ReVille's re-sentencing request

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back