1027 users online (187 members and 840 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Canada - James Gallagher, 71, White Fox, SK, 1 Nov 2011

The search continues for a missing 71-year-old Saskatchewan man.

James Gallagher, from White Fox, near Nipawin, was last seen driving his 2004 red Ford Ranger eight days ago towards Flin Flon, Manitoba. The RCMP search for him has gone cold, and his family is now reaching out to the public for help.

Marlene Morrissey, Gallagher's sister, says the family is still searching. "It is very frightening because he may not be getting help anymore, or he may have gotten too weak, or gone to sleep in the truck."

Gallagher has a severe speech impediment, he can't read, and has trouble communicating. His family says on November 1, he gave a man a ride to the nearby community of Melfort. They believe somewhere along the way he got lost. Since then he has been sighted as far away as Thompson, Manitoba, over 800 kilometers east of Melfort.
    http://saskatoon.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...?hub=Saskatoon

Wow, this is pretty far north and in a very unpopulated area. Hang in there James. People are looking for you!
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

I have no idea if James' truck looks exactly like this one, but here is a photo of a red 2004 Ford Ranger for reference.

It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Ugh, this case has been bugging me. He was sighted before the missing persons report went out, by both the RCMP and regular people. The RCMP actually checked him out because it seemed like he was driving impaired! Source.

Thomas said Gallagher is not using credit or debit cards and is instead using cheques to pay for fuel — a fact that is making him harder to track. He estimates RCMP are at least five days behind the missing man.

With no cell phone or GPS either, and with no sighting of James in quite some time, this is very scary.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/loc...133516773.html
    Last edited by Snoopster; 11-13-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: typo
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Wow, poor guy he has sure logged a lot of miles! And being alone through the ordeal with the cops, most probably lousy driving conditions already that far north this time of year, having dealt with a flat tire, not finding his way and at least knowing he's lost but having to ask for directions with his impediment - - s t r e s s f u l !

May the next person James crosses paths with recognizes him and/or his vehicle!
    Don't believe EVERYTHING you think.[/CENTER]

If he is using checks for gas purchases, they should put out an alert (and poster) to each gas station so employees can be on the lookout.
    I hope he is found soon.

This is a few days old but there's some additional info:

Search for Missing Saskatchewan Man Continues
    Wednesday, 09 November 2011

snipped...

The family is asking that if he is listening that they are looking for you. "Call Margaret at home, your phone number is on your cheques, stop at a gas station and ask for help. Your family will come and get you."

RCMP are asking residents in the area surrounding Melfort, Tisdale, Carrot River, Smeaton, Candle Lake, Prince Albert, and Flin Flon Manitoba to be on the look out for Gallagher who is driving a 2004 red Ford ranger with Saskatchewan license plate 596 GMT. The last time Mr. Gallagher was spotted he was wearing a plaid jacket and a beige hat and had several days beard growth. He appeared disoriented and his speech impediment was noticeable. Gallagher is 5 foot 6, 140 pounds with grey hair and glasses.
    [Photo of truck at link]

I've lived in the northern Manitoba region where he was last spotted. Checking the weather in the area, blowing snow and cold temps. The highways up there are rough even in the best weather, also a lot of dirt roads that lead to virtually nowhere.
    I hope he is safe somewhere, so sad. The stories about missing seniors always hit me so hard.

No electronic means of tracking missing Sask. man
    Last Updated: Nov 11, 2011 5:22pm

snipped...

James Gallagher, the 71-year-old Saskatchewan man who went missing early last week, is believed to be somewhere in Manitoba.

Early last Friday morning, Gallagher stopped a driver to ask for directions back to Flin Flon so he could get back home to White Fox, Saskatchewan.

The driver offered to lead the way to Flin Flon, but lost him a few minutes later.

That was the last known contact of Gallagher.

While the RCMP are conducting an investigation into his whereabouts, Gallagher has no debit or credit cards or a cell phone.

Sgt. Barry Thomas says Gallaher has been using cheques, meaning by the time it gets cashed RCMP aren't aware of the transaction until several days later.

Was hoping to wake to news this morning that James has been located - I see CTV picked up his story but doesn't seem to be anything new being reported

Search continues for missing White Fox man
    CTV News: Monday November 14, 2011

Facebook Group in search of James

Based on what`s being reported on the FB page at the above link as of noon Saturdsay the 12th the last confirmed sighting was at 5:00am the prior Sunday in Creighton, Saskatchewan (!!!!!) James was told to go south on Highway 106 also known as the hanson lake road .....

in googling that location - which is clearly smack dab in the middle of NO WHERE - and following highway 106 south i sure don`t feel good about where the heck james could be so much water in between all the nothing.......

I still can`t imagine what James has been going through - it pains me to do so!! I don`t understand how or why he made all those miles and alone especially this time of year when things can get ugly so quickly nevermind in treking through such remote areas....nevermind he already had a flat, did he get it repaired and does he have another spare.....

Shee-shee-men-esh!

Bumping for Mr. Gallagher

James - you would have needed food and gas by now - surely you would have crossed paths with someone else again - where are you???

It seems the word is getting out - this missing person case is now listed here:

North American Missing Persons Network - James Joseph Gallagher

Hoping for a positive update SOON...news that someone has seen him and he's still out there just trying to find his way back home.

RCMP are asking residents in the area surrounding Melfort, Tisdale, Carrot River, Smeaton, Candle Lake, Prince Albert, and Flin Flon Manitoba to be on the look out for Gallagher who is driving a 2004 red Ford ranger with Saskatchewan license plate 596 GMT. The last time Mr. Gallagher was spotted he was wearing a plaid jacket and a beige hat and had several days beard growth. He appeared disoriented and his speech impediment was noticeable. Gallagher is 5 foot 6, 140 pounds with grey hair and glasses.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Nipawin RCMP
    306-862-6270

Crime & Punishment Show with Mike McIntyre
    Podcast recording of November 13th Show...

Mike's first story is about James and he starts talking about him at the 60:00 mark (tho you can't move forward or back in the recording that I could figure out...)

James niece begins talking about James at 63:00 to approx 54:30 (time counter rolls backwards...)

Lots of talk about him and all they know....heart breaking - his constant question when James has asked for help is how to get home to White Fox, SK

so SAAAAAAAAAAAAAD.

They ask if you find James - please be kind to him - it's been a long road (missing since Nov 1st when he gave a guy a ride to Melfort, SK and made a wrong turn towards MB instead of the other way towards White Fox, SK)....

As per his niece, James trail has been cold since sighting between 4 and 5am on Sunday November 6th at the 4-way stop in Creighton SK - when he was told to go south on highway 106.

Please let them hear something today!!!!!!!

Hopefully I have this correct - James trek so far....

a) Nov 1 > departs White Fox, SK to give a guy a ride to Melfort, SK

b) Nov 1 > departs from Melfort, SK but makes a wrong turn towards MB instead of towards White Fox, SK

c) Nov 2 > 10:34 am seen in Mafeking, MB at gas station on Hwy #10

d) Nov 3 > 6 pm, seen in Cranberry Portage, Manitoba James Gallagher stopped at a gas station and purchased gas. He told the attendant that he was lost and was trying to get back to White Fox, Saskatchewan. Gallagher did not appear distressed, but told the gas station employee that he was tired. He left the gas station with a map, drawn by the gas station employee, detailing how to get to Flin Flon and the Hanson Lake Highway.

e) Nov 4 > early morning, Gallagher was spotted driving in the community of Flin Flon Manitoba near Tyrell Lake on Hwy # 106. He had asked someone in the community for directions to Flin Flon.

f) Nov 6 > between 4 - 5 am, James asked someone at the 4-way stop in Creighton, SK for directions and was told to go south on Hwy #106. This is the last known sighting. (IMO - At this point he seems to be doubling back...)

Map

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast