The FBI showed up at my friends house today thinking her baby was Lisa Irwin

Chewy

Reaction score
I'm trying to get her to come on here and tell us what happened. But apparently someone saw her daughter's picture on Facebook and called it in as Lisa Irwin.

She does look like Lisa Irwin but she's only four months old and all the rest of her pix are on facebook from birth till now. She's a twin.

I'm pretty shocked that they took it so far as to show up at the house and she had to prove the baby was her daughter.

Really strange. She lives in upstate NY.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

Guess that tells us they have not given up looking for a live baby then. Looks like LE is still checking out tips to me.

I'm trying to get her to come on here and tell us what happened. But apparently someone saw her daughter's picture on Facebook and called it in as Lisa Irwin.

She does look like Lisa Irwin but she's only four months old and all the rest of her pix are on facebook from birth till now. She's a twin.

I'm pretty shocked that they took it so far as to show up at the house and she had to prove the baby was her daughter.

Really strange. She lives in upstate NY.

:waitasec::waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

wow how did your friend take it?

to me this shows LE are looking into everything if they went all the way to NY on a tip.

i would have been freaking out.

hope your friends ok :seeya:

I sent her a link to this thread. So hopefully she'll come join here. Yes I thought the same thing, it does show they are looking for the baby and treating it as a kidnapping then.

Thanks for posting this information.

Wow, that must have been really frightening for her. :eek: I can't imagine the FBI showing up at your door asking you to prove that your baby is really yours.

It does show though how far LE is going to find Lisa, following tips so far away.

Thank you for posting this, there have been so many comments on this board that the LE is only looking at the parents and are dismissing any tip that leads to someone other than the parents. This is reassuring that they are indeed following up on all tips and are really trying to find this baby.

Thumbs up for the Bureau then. They are continuing to follow leads.

The same thing happened to a co-worker of my son in law.
I posted about it at the time.
But, we are in the KC area. I'm glad to see they are following all tips near and far!

I'm curious if it was the facebook pix or the contests. She's put her daughters in pretty baby contests online. You would think the FBI would realize that a baby snatcher is not likely to advertise her baby online.

So strange. On the one hand it's cool to know that they will check out leads, makes you wonder how many others they have done. On the other hand it seems like they could have simply hacked her facebook page and seen that it wasn't possible.

I agree-sounds like these guys are very good if they can't figure out when her daughter was born using birth records and duh...the internet!!! I am glad they followed up on the lead, but strange that they would make a special trip to show up at the door of someone that couldn't have possibly taken Lisa.

I am glad to know that they are still taking tips seriously and that they are looking for an ALIVE BABY LISA!!!

I guess LE is believing that Lisa is alive. That's a great thing.

I'm curious if it was the facebook pix or the contests. She's put her daughters in pretty baby contests online. You would think the FBI would realize that a baby snatcher is not likely to advertise her baby online.

So strange. On the one hand it's cool to know that they will check out leads, makes you wonder how many others they have done. On the other hand it seems like they could have simply hacked her facebook page and seen that it wasn't possible.

Did she dress her baby up in a costume for halloween?

I am glad they are looking for an alive baby Lisa. How awful for your friend, though!

I know a LOT of babies that looked/have looked like Lisa (including one of my own, two of my nieces, one of my nephews and two of my siblings). Those cute little baldy heads with a smattering of blonde hair and the big blue eyes. So cute! :) But, definitely pretty typical for many a baby.

I'm not sure if she dressed her up for Halloween but that is a good point. I wonder how many people out there were trying to look past a costume and see Lisa Irwin. So sad.

Actually this makes me feel so good,I know LE and the FBI follow up and are doing things in cases we don't see,but they're still looking for a live child.

Wow. Baby Lisa IMHO is just like the Gerber Baby, and I imagine there are hundreds if not thousands that look just like her!

I suppose every tip has to be looked at, and for that I'm grateful. If baby Lisa is found alive, I will rejoice!!

Mel

Wow-I would freak, too! I saw a commercial that had a baby in it that looked just like Lisa. I can't recall what it was advertising.

Earlier there was a report on the local KS news interviewing a SAHD with a daughter who was looked into as a possible Lisa sighting-names and all were reported. I think it is dumb to put yourself and child on TV knowing there may be a baby snatcher in the area!

Here is the report:

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/01/metro-baby-looks-similar-to-baby-lisa/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee