WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford was last seen in her home at 6:30 am on Saturday, September 24. The search for her began at 11:30 am that day. Multiple searches have been done with no results.
lunsford_aliayah.jpg

Aliayah's ears are pierced and she is missing her top four front teeth. She was last seen wearing purple Dora pajama bottoms, a pink princess sweatshirt, and no shoes.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

Info & Support Thread
Media Links Thread
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders
NO RUMORS!

Please Continue Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie Bowen
I know this is not gonna sound good, but if Wendy is holding Aliayah on her lap (please dont take this wrong) but they would have had t do a lot of cropping to remove Wendy's *advertiser censored* (i'm blushing) from around Aliayah.

I could see that, sure looks more comfortable on her lap than mama's. Just sayin.

if so.. what a horrible crop... horrible... as this does not put in people's mind's what she was last seen looking as..

would have been better to discredit the *advertiser censored*.

I think there is more to this

moo

further eta: if there were no faces in the picture.. just "*advertiser censored*" why not keep them in ? I am no buying this. (jmhoo)

I am hoping that Joanne's story about Aliayah running into a door is true. I do have to say that one of my favorite photos of one of my sons is of him with a black eye that he got from his older brother. They were 6 and 8 at the time. They were just roughhousing and my poor little guy got it right in the eye! I still have it, posted it on FB and have it on my cell phone. He cried at the time it happened, but we all ended up having a good laugh about it and he ended up laughing through his tears. It was just the cutest thing ever and I had to snap the photo.

I certainly hope that this happened to Aliayah and was an accident and she was being comforted by loved ones. I hate to think of her going through abuse like that.

The biggest question I would have for Joanne, is....what Aliayah known to such a "clumsy" child that these kinds of bruises were normal or were there trusted witnesses to the accident.

ETA-the picture is likely to have been cropped with a computer program that removed all background and just kept the actual image of Aliayah. Her hair is just very neatly combed and probably in a french braid or pony tail. The reason the top of her head seems cropped off is because if you look closely, the picture is actually a white background and is pasted onto the white poster.

Gilmer Free Press

This site has both of the new posters released. On the 2nd one (the FBI one) read the bottom.
it says ....if you have any information contact your nearest FBI office or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate:waitasec:

I don't buy the door story, at all. FBI/LE would have edited her face a lot better if they thought it was an accident. And photoshopping a photo is NOT hard. JMHO.

I was eagerly waiting for the promised newer recent picture of Aliayah. I expected to see a happier Aliayah, without the hopeless sadness displayed in the original missing poster. What a shock. Poor little battered beauty....and I wonder now ~ who was the beast. If that bruise was caused by a door, maybe I misunderstood - could it be that someone hit her with a door. Ran into a door....unh unh. Add in the four missing teeth, never believed that came from an accident either. Aliayah sweetie, there will be lots of added tears shed for you when others see your new photo.

:angel:

IMHO

A few thoughts - sorry if these are repeats - been out of town, and haven't had a chance to read far back yet.

Yes, she's lost some of her baby look since the pic we're most familiar with, and she has a heck of a bruise, but maybe the pic was taken for proof of possible neglect or abuse?

Has it ever been suggested that someone who had crossed paths with the family might have conveniently abducted/had her abducted to a safe far away place because they thought she was being abused? Maybe not a family member, but someone somewhat familiar with Aliaya's immediate family?

Do we know if she was treated differently because she wasn't "daddy's" child?

Also, I had a friend growing up, and she always looked really sad in pics. She just had those soulful eyes, and she was a happy child. In photographs she looked so sad though.

Maybe I'm rationalizing/hoping that that precious baby wasn't as unhappy as pictures portray her...plus, due to the missing teeth, she might appear sadder. I had a cousin that knocked out two or three of her front teeth, and she didn't smile for days - but they replaced hers with temporaries to hold the space until permanent teeth came in too though.

Sighhhhhh
:pullhair:

I think most of the parents here would agree that we all have at least one photo showing our child/children with some kind of injury. Injuries happen. But I don't think any of us here would chose that picture to be put on a missing flyer of our child.
So now I'm wondering if the family did not choose this picture? Is it possible when the FBI/LE took cellphones...they actually discovered this photo on a phone and no one in the family ever told them it was there?
That would make Joann having to sign a waiver understandable. She didn't release this photo IMO. The FBI found this photo.

Listen-the FBI have THE best of THE best...no this wasn't "hard". And while im not goin to be the most popular poster here (thats ok -i type for Aliayah)....whoever saw this child in this bad of shape ...again....helped LL get away with what he have right now. Too many times people dont want to say anything about their family...Aunt Vickie and Tina are rare and very special.

A few thoughts - sorry if these are repeats - been out of town, and haven't had a chance to read far back yet.

Yes, she's lost some of her baby look since the pic we're most familiar with, and she has a heck of a bruise, but maybe the pic was taken for proof of possible neglect or abuse?

Has it ever been suggested that someone who had crossed paths with the family might have conveniently abducted/had her abducted to a safe far away place because they thought she was being abused? Maybe not a family member, but someone somewhat familiar with Aliaya's immediate family?

Do we know if she was treated differently because she wasn't "daddy's" child?

Also, I had a friend growing up, and she always looked really sad in pics. She just had those soulful eyes, and she was a happy child. In photographs she looked so sad though.

Maybe I'm rationalizing/hoping that that precious baby wasn't as unhappy as pictures portray her...plus, due to the missing teeth, she might appear sadder. I had a cousin that knocked out two or three of her front teeth, and she didn't smile for days - but they replaced hers with temporaries to hold the space until permanent teeth came in too though.
Sighhhhhh
:pullhair:

BBM (thanks for the explanation!!! I don't feel like a noob for thinking that stood for BlackBerry Messenger anymore!)

1. I would really like to think that she was taken by someone who would love her, cherish her, and not treat her like dirt!!!

2. You would think that after she lost those teeth, LL would have taken her to the dentist to do just that! It only seems sensible, so that her teeth could grow in properly. Then again, maybe LL just thought she could deal with it when the adult teeth DID come in.

MOO

I think most of the parents here would agree that we all have at least one photo showing our child/children with some kind of injury. Injuries happen. But I don't think any of us here would chose that picture to be put on a missing flyer of our child.
So now I'm wondering if the family did not choose this picture? Is it possible when the FBI/LE took cellphones...they actually discovered this photo on a phone and no one in the family ever told them it was there?
That would make Joann having to sign a waiver understandable. She didn't release this photo IMO. The FBI found this photo.

Lets NOT forget -this is Flyer number TWO. I can see one pic with an injury-but cmon...every PIC? ---i wonder how many bruises were covering the rest of her little body?

LynnB,

I absolutely agree that JoAnn didn't offer this photo up. I do believe it is very likely that FBI/LE stumbled across this photo. Which would be why the delay, why the waiver, and could very well be why the photo. Someone (here i think) stated that it was taken in July, but didn't LE state it was a few days before she went missing?

I just had a thought, more like a question really. Vickie you said Joann had not seen Aliyah for xx amount of time before she disappeared. I recall it being several months? It's in one of your posts in the prior thread.

If that was true, how did the photo which was taken "shortly before Aliayah disappeared" end up being taken by Joann?

Maybe a simple explanation and I am remembering the time frame incorrectly? Not calling you out Vickie, just wondering if Joann is being less than honest?

if so.. what a horrible crop... horrible... as this does not put in people's mind's what she was last seen looking as..

would have been better to discredit the *advertiser censored*.

I think there is more to this

moo

further eta: if there were no faces in the picture.. just "*advertiser censored*" why not keep them in ? I am no buying this. (jmhoo)

I will do my best to get original pic, i think i can, just give me time ok

I am hoping that Joanne's story about Aliayah running into a door is true. I do have to say that one of my favorite photos of one of my sons is of him with a black eye that he got from his older brother.

I hope it's true too - I had a big black eye from a genuine kid's play incident - and it became a part of my Halloween costume that year - needless to say - I was mortified and did NOT smile in pics that year. The pic is now one of our classics.

:giggle:

LynnB,

I absolutely agree that JoAnn didn't offer this photo up. I do believe it is very likely that FBI/LE stumbled across this photo. Which would be why the delay, why the waiver, and could very well be why the photo. Someone (here i think) stated that it was taken in July, but didn't LE state it was a few days before she went missing?

My understanding is , the FBI asked for Jo Ann's cell phone, Wendy took it to my brother, he down loaded the pics to his putor from memory card , Wendy took phone to FBI they downloaded pic, asked for permission to use this pic, FBI cropped pic and put it on flyer. So i will try to get original.

If I lived closer -the first thing I would do would be to go speak to the neighbor that was on the news, that said LL never "mentioned" ALL DAY that Aliayah was missing. And see when if ever he had laid eyes on this precious little one.

I also think this is why they were making a big deal out of the gag order on the other children. Those poor little ones KNOW what happened, because it more than likely happened to them also.

Oh my poor baby.....that picture is just too much. I know that bruise. I got one very similar after giving attitude to my stepfather when I was about 12. He smacked me across the face, wasn't trying to intentionally bruise me I don't think. May sound like I'm excusing his behavior-but compared to what my sisters went through, that bruise was a cakewalk.
Question...I recall reading in the previous thread that LL moved out in May with the kids....or did I read wrong? I ask because Joanns statement that Vickie's brother relayed sounds like she is defending LL, but there very well could have been no abuse while the kids and LL lived with her....that means nothing to me given the circumstances and that god awful bruise!
I have 2 very very clumsy kids, and they've never had bruising that severe!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member