Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I had JA sign my book and I asked if I could have a hug. He said sure...that's when I said, "Thank you for being Caylee's hero". He hugged me tighter and said thank you so much for your support. I also said, don't let the Bar quit on Baez, and he said, don't worry we won't...we definitely won't.

omgosh honey you are so brave, asking for a hug I woulda been bawling my eyes out, yall know me I got tears in my eyes just thinking of you there with him and how I'd just burst into tears like a damn fool.

Quote Originally Posted by uklaw View Post
    Hrmm... book available on Amazon UK Kindle for £6.49. To buy or not to buy?
    - Not really a Kindle fan
    - BUT UK book not out til start of Dec
    - US book can be delivered to UK but will take a while or incur hefty express shipping charges

Decisions, decisions...
    no decision for me, I bought it on kindle so fast I nearly set the durn thing afire

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to 2goldfish For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I had JA sign my book and I asked if I could have a hug. He said sure...that's when I said, "Thank you for being Caylee's hero". He hugged me tighter and said thank you so much for your support. I also said, don't let the Bar quit on Baez, and he said, don't worry we won't...we definitely won't.
    Thankyou RR0004. You said exactly the right thing. Thankyou thankyou.
    fall seven times ... get up eight
    . . . . . . . . . . . . .

5. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Well Done 99 For This Useful Post:

My book has not arrived yet but have hung on every word in this thread. The one thing that stands out most to me is, everything I'm reading makes sense! When we would hear the A's or Jose talk, I would be scratching my head thinking, that doesn't make sense at all. With Jeff, it all fits into place, even his observations were right in line with what I was thinking. After all of the lies.... this is a gift. Thank you to all those that posted their thoughts, comments and first-hand accounts of Jeff and his book.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

7. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to coco puff For This Useful Post:

I like how Ashton says he didn't take this case for the fame or glory. He says those things alone wouldn't have justified having to deal with Baez. He did because it was a worthy cause.

9. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rose222 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by uklaw View Post
    Hrmm... book available on Amazon UK Kindle for £6.49. To buy or not to buy?
    - Not really a Kindle fan
    - BUT UK book not out til start of Dec
    - US book can be delivered to UK but will take a while or incur hefty express shipping charges

Decisions, decisions...
    UK - did you see the posts (post # in the 100's I think) that gave the site to get Jeff's audio book for FREE! Check back in the threads for it. It's from an Amazon site - 30 day trial, download book, cancell your trial. Done!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to atthelake For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    Well the "father was the father" was what she apparently told the competency hearing shrinks - that she was relieved when the DNA test came back that she knew for sure GA was not (what carp!) but the rape at a party is news to me...
    No doubt in my mind who would have been the Date rapist. I can see her spiking a guy's drink, cornering him and maneuvering him into a compromising position.
    Last edited by Just K; 11-17-2011 at 11:24 AM.

13. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just K For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coco puff View Post
    My book has not arrived yet but have hung on every word in this thread. The one thing that stands out most to me is, everything I'm reading makes sense! When we would hear the A's or Jose talk, I would be scratching my head thinking, that doesn't make sense at all. With Jeff, it all fits into place, even his observations were right in line with what I was thinking. After all of the lies.... this is a gift. Thank you to all those that posted their thoughts, comments and first-hand accounts of Jeff and his book.
    Thank you coco puff - we've been talking about some sense of peace after reading Jeff's words and you've expressed that feeling so well.
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to logicalgirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BlOnDe_GuRrL View Post
    I got the kindle version yesterday..
    overall, the book was great. it was mainly a re-run of everything we already knew.. but the personal touch he put on it was great.

There were a couple things we didn't know (behind the scenes stuff) that was infuriating and funny.

My favorite part was when Linda picked him up to drive to Pinellas county for jury selection and she was wearing a "Casey Anthony" costume - the blue hoodie top with the # 82 and big white sunglasses. That made me LOL!
    I would love it if, one day, Linda wrote a book
    She was the Lead Prosecutor and was on the case from the beginning.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Thinker Belle View Post
    video clip of JA on Fox and Friends this morning:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/127845140...l-in-new-book/

JA: "If I could change one thing about this trial, it would be Cindy Anthony. I wish there were a way that we could get her out of her denial about Casey and her relationship with Casey"
    Finally!!!! an interview with good questions and they let JA answer and not cut him off.

"There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Excuse me if it has already been posted.....I loved JA's description of Linda as a marshmallow hand grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalei321 View Post
    I see you already bumped the thread

Now to get back on topic, does any one know when the book signing will be in Orlando?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.
    Former prosecutor Jeff Ashton will speak at 6 p.m. Monday November 21, 2011 at the main Orlando Public Library, 101 E. Central Blvd. The event is free.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...ag/jeff-ashton

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tsitra01 View Post
    Excuse me if it has already been posted.....I loved JA's description of Linda as a marshmallow hand grenade.
    Me too.
    Oh how I wish she would, one day, write a book about her experience with this case.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

http://www.harpercollins.com/Author/...authorID=38752

All Events Promoting Imperfect Justice

Thursday, November 17, 2011
    CTV/Canada AM

Monday, November 21, 2011
    06:00 PM
    ORLANDO PUBLIC LIBRARY
    101 E Central Blvd Orlando, FL 32801

Tuesday, November 22, 2011
    09:00 PM
    blogtalkradio.com/levipage

Monday, November 28, 2011
    07:00 PM
    BOOK MARK
    220 First ST Neptune Beach, FL 32266

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
    NEW SMYRNA BEACH REGIONAL LIBRARY
    1001 S Dixie Freeway New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
    12:30 PM
    DELAND REGIONAL LIBRARY
    130 E Howry AVE DeLand, FL 32724

Wednesday, November 30, 2011
    05:00 PM
    VERO BEACH BOOK CENTER
    2145 Indian River Blvd. Vero Beach, FL 32960

Friday, December 02, 2011
    07:00 PM
    BARNES & NOBLE
    2501 Tyrone Blvd St. Petersburg, FL 33710

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

26. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Reading that the jury wanted to know who was going home, what order, who would get to leave first etc on the THIRD day said all I needed to hear to understand what happened all the better (boy that's a messy sentence). Something has to change with the system in that respect - the people who have critical thinking skills required to judge someone's fate aren't the people who completely avoid a semi-local story this big. I can't blame Cindy as much as JA does - I totally get where he is coming from but she was the mother AND grandmother....I'd have gone off the deep end too.

28. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GiantPickle For This Useful Post:

Page 47 of 78 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast