WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue here.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS TO THE FLICKER ACCOUNT OR LINKS TO PICTURES.

Thanks everybody,

Salem

Please continue here.

111106_missing_boy.jpg

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing.

An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

TIPLINE: 425-452-2564
pdtipline@bellevuewa.gov

NCMEC Poster - http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

PREVIOUS THREADS
Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Information and Support Thread

Media Links Thread

Chris_Texas asked in the previous thread why Sky had a shirt on while swimming and M didn't. It didn't appear to me that anyone else was around and maybe M just didn't want to wear it. My daughter does that sometimes, however, I thought is was strange also that Sky did have a shirt on.

Maybe he has a birthmark that JB felt was unsightly...or maybe he had some bruises (regardless of how they may have gotten there, if they were there at all--Purely speculation) that she certainly couldn't have blamed on Dad by that point. Like I said, total speculation, but a possibility, IMO.

March 30 2011 is the date for the poster that asked about a date taken...

eta: March 31 my bad!
the pic that opened the thread...

I'm guessing thread #7 was taken down because it had a lot of flickr photos of the kids on it?

Regardless, someone posted right at the very end about how involuntaries turn "voluntary." I apologize that I didn't catch the username and can't quote but I wanted to say that your post rings very true and I appreciate you posting it!

Where is thread 7?

Thread 7 has been pulled for review. As soon as the review is completed, it will return :)

Please feel free to pm any mod if you have further questions or concerns.

Thanks,

Salem

Regarding the possibility of JB getting a passport for the kids without SM's consent: it would be very hard. It could be done, but she would have to forge his name on a gov't form and somehow get it notarized - and have a copy of a photo ID or passport of his to take with her to apply for a minor. (We've gotten passports twice for our kids so I remember going through all of that)

>>>> If both parents aren't present, then that's what you have to do.<<<<

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

Also, I think early on it was said that neither child had a passport - in a press conference, I think? I'm sure if they suspect that JB may have taken Sky out of the country, then they have already checked with the State Dept to see if he had a passport.

Of course, there are illegal ones.

I'm guessing thread #7 was taken down because it had a lot of flickr photos of the kids on it?

Regardless, someone posted right at the very end about how involuntaries turn "voluntary." I apologize that I didn't catch the username and can't quote but I wanted to say that your post rings very true and I appreciate you posting it!

I'll see if I can find the post and place it in this thread. Give me a few minutes.

Salem

I thought I was going crazy.... thread 7 disappeared, and I was only on page 15!!! I was wondering about all the flickr posting of pictures. They all say All Rights Reserved, so I was wondering as to the legality of posting the pictures over here...Yes Salem -I have that question if you know the answer to it?

Here's that post:

I snipped the above quote from SmoothOperator's post. Great job on putting things in order because this case is all over the place!

I wanted to address her "voluntary" admission. From my experiences with patients who are given a mandatory 72 hour commitment ( I work as a first responder and with other patients as well) I would say her "voluntary" admission was basically involuntary. Here is how that works.

Basically a patient is free to go after 3 days per law but staff members/doctors will usually advise those who need further treatment that while they can choose to go, that the hospital/doctors can (and will) get a court order to lengthen the stay. They advise the patient to voluntarily commit themselves by saying "you can choose to stay and are free to leave at anytime of your own will or you can choose to go now and we will get a court order and you will NOT be able to leave and will lose your right to decide anything for yourself".

So the patient is basically forced to commit themselves or risk getting a court order against them which will keep them from making any choices for themselves. Also, they could have used the custody battle to convince her to stay saying that voluntarily getting help would be much better than having them commit her against her will. The patient then knows they have to play the game and act like they want help and cooperate to be able to get out.

Also, patients are often miraculously "cured" right about the time that their insurance coverage period is up. I've seen that a LOT! I hope that wasn't the case with her because if so, then the hospital contributed to this horrific event by putting profits over patient health.

Not saying that this is how it went for her or how it is everywhere but in my experience, it happens a lot. Sad but true.

Regarding the possibility of JB getting a passport for the kids with SM's consent: it would be very hard. It could be done, but she would have to forge his name on a gov't form and somehow get it notarized - and have a copy of a photo ID or passport of his to take with her to apply for a minor. (We've gotten passports twice for our kids so I remember going through all of that)

>>>> If both parents aren't present, then that's what you have to have.<<<<

http://travel.state.gov/passport/get/minors/minors_834.html

Also, I think early on it was said that neither child had a passport - in a press conference, I think? I'm sure if they suspect that JB may have taken Sky out of the country that they checked with the State Dept to see if he had a passport.

Of course, there are illegal ones.

You know, with the international connections JB has, I wouldn't put it past her to seek out some quality fakes, especially with her sob story.

How can someone who has OCD with germs be a sugar baby? I don't get that.

You know, with the international connections JB has, I wouldn't put it past her to seek out some quality fakes, especially with her sob story.

It doesn't appear she was planning on fleeing herself... with the ad she placed.

I wonder about a private plane/jet. I think she must be a US citizen with the alleged story about deportation and marriage... she'd have to be.

I wonder if dad is. If not would the kids have dual citizenship? In Pakistan?
I don't think he took Sky. just curious...

I read something about someone in JB's family overseas owning a plane.
I don't know those laws either regarding overseas travel.
Russia is by no means "close" to WA. It is over that way though.
It is plausible she was planning to put him on a private plane-
not sure how passports work or IF it were a family member that owned a plane or jet, it might go unnoticed???
Of course how would he get back here? if ever.
So hoping he is alive and being cared for!

Just seems like She would go with both children.
I do think it was stated that they were NOT allowed to travel out of the country...
moo

Hi Rouge,
Thanks!! That was me that posted that. I came back to check up on the latest and freaked out when i got the message that I wasn't allowed to get back to where I was. I was worried that I had done something wrong, lol.

It doesn't appear she was planning on fleeing herself... with the ad she placed.

I wonder about a private plane/jet. I think she must be a US citizen with the alleged story about deportation and marriage... she'd have to be.

I wonder if dad is. If not would the kids have dual citizenship? In Pakistan?
I don't think he took Sky. just curious...

I read something about someone in JB's family overseas owning a plane.
I don't know those laws either regarding overseas travel.
Russia is by no means "close" to WA. It is over that way though.
It is plausible she was planning to put him on a private plane-
not sure how passports work or IF it were a family member that owned a plane or jet, it might go unnoticed???
Of course how would he get back here? if ever.
So hoping he is alive and being cared for!

Just seems like She would go with both children.
I do think it was stated that they were NOT allowed to travel out of the country...
moo

A quick google search says that you do need to have a passport and have to go through customs even on a private plane. Depends really on the countries laws it seems also. I've always wondered about that myself. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth