TX TX - Conroe, AsianFem 20-33, UP3595, "Lone Star Feed" cap, some teeth appeared glued, Jun'98

ikoihil

Verified User
Reaction score
ModNote: The NamUs casefile indicates male. The DoeNetwork casefile indicates Female.

AAbbrederis.jpg

Name: Angela Abbrederis
AKA: Angela Kim Marie Abbrederis, Nagela Kimmarie Ng, Mei Ling, Audra Abbrederis, and/or Vanessa Abbrederis.
Case Number: M9610009
Case Type: Endangered - Foul Play Possible
Last Seen in: Dallas (Dallas County)
Last Seen on: 4/2/1996
Height: 5' 8 "
Weight: 115-120 lbs.
Age Missing: 27
Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: Brown
Date of Birth: 10/25/1968
Race: White/Asian - although she is listed as White/Hispanic on some sites
Sex: Female
State Missing From: Texas
Country Missing From: USA

Circumstances: Angela has a tattoo of a butterfly on her right hip, a scar on her hip and has had breast augmentation. She was known to work in various men's clubs as a dancer. The day of her disappearance she didn't take her vehicle or any clothing. Her dog was also left behind in her apartment. Dental and x-rays are available.

Abbrederis was last seen in Dallas, Texas on April 2, 1996. She left her vehicle behind and did not take any of her personal belongings from her residence, including her clothes, luggage and car keys. Abbrederis also left her dog unattended inside her apartment. There was laundry left in the washing machine and piled on the bed, which Abbrederis's mother says is uncharacteristic of her daughter. There were also what appeared to be bloody fingerprints near the front door, but the "blood" turned out to be paint. Abbrederis has never been heard from again.

Abbrederis' boyfriend emptied their joint checking account after her disappearance, signed one of her cars over to himself, and withdrew money from her savings account. He told police that he jointly owned all of what he took. Investigators say the boyfriend's actions do not necessarily mean he was involved in Abbrederis's disappearance.

Abbrederis worked in various Dallas clubs as an exotic dancer at the time of her 1996 disappearance. She also has a history of prostitution. Her mother believes she was the victim of foul play. Abbrederis has family members living in Michigan and Hong Kong. She is an Army veteran. Her case remains unsolved.

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Dallas Police Department
214-671-4316

The Doe Network: Case File 1547DFTX
Agency Case Number: 392219E
NCIC Number: M-968375537

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mp...110:55:46AM'

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1547dftx.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...is_angela.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4439/0/

http://www.nampn.org/cases/abbrederis_angela.html

http://www.examiner.com/missing-pers...e-april-2-1996

http://projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=3041.0

Possible match with:

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 1945

No Image Available

Unidentified Asian Female

The victim was discovered on June 11, 1998 in Conroe, Montgomery County, Texas.
Estimated Date of Death: 3 years or greater
State of Remains: Partial Skeletal Remains
Cause of Death: Unknown

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 20-33 years old.
Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Unknown.
Clothing: Blue or black ball cap with a "Lone Star Feed" logo. Tan cloth was also found with the remains.
Dentals: Unknown. Some teeth had been glued into place.
DNA: Sample submitted.
Fingerprints: Not available.

Case History
On June 11, 1998, a man was walking in a wooded area behind his home in the 600 block of Airline Drive when he observed what appeared to be the top portion of a skull protruding from the ground.

Montgomery County Sheriff's Office deputies investigated and recovered additional skeletal remains. The additional bones were determined not to be of human origin.

What appears to be a mounting hole was drilled into the cranium. The remains resemble other skulls that have been determined to be skull war trophies collected during Asian military action.

The remains were originally believed to be those of a male, however, DNA analysis in September 2010, has confirmed that they are those of a female.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Investigating Agency: Montgomery County Sheriff's Office
Cold Case Squad
281-297-6507

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number: 98A008113; NamUs 3595

NCIC Number: U-790019671

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
http://www.woodlandsonline.com/dbs/sheriff/files/File/COLDCASE.pdf
https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/3595

___________________________________________​

The location and age of the victim and the UID are appropriate... I've been looking for an Asian Doe with breast implants (as for a match to Abbrederis), but this works because only the skull was recovered.

Also, Abbrederis' facial bone structure/jawline is a bit square, which might explain why they were under the impression Doe was an Asian male for a while.

LE estimates that Doe was deceased for 3+ years, but I question that because if there was a hole drilled/bored into the skull for mounting purposes, it was probably cleaned and prepared for such (like a hunter with a trophy mount?), thus leaving little to no residual soft tissue in the skull or on the bone.

Please provide feedback if you have any.

Mods, if you need to make this a sticky thread, feel free. Do whatcha need to do. I'm still new here, and am just good at digging for information and posting it. I am still unfamiliar with all your protocol and procedure, so please forgive me if my amateur is showing. :blushing:

Thanks

ikoihil

I moved this over from the Texas Killing Field forum last night, and I'm adding a link for the Doe Network.

The remains were originally believed to be those of a male, however, DNA analysis in September 2010, has confirmed that they are those of a female.

http://www.doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase1945.html

Both cases are in NAMUS, but there's no DNA sample for Abbrederis. According to NAMUS dental x-rays are available for Abbrederis, but no dental records are listed for the Doe. Am I correct that there are no grounds for an automatic rule out? We'd love some feedback. Thanks.

I moved this over from the Texas Killing Field forum last night, and I'm adding a link for the Doe Network.

Both cases are in NAMUS, but there's no DNA sample for Abbrederis. According to NAMUS dental x-rays are available for Abbrederis, but no dental records are listed for the Doe. Am I correct that there are no grounds for an automatic rule out? We'd love some feedback. Thanks.

Do you think we could at least ask if they have any additional information that wasn't published?

Did you mean to ask if there are grounds for automatic rule out?

Also, I believe that I read about Abbrederis' mother is still alive. Wouldn't a DNA sample from her mother be sufficient?

Thanks Mrs B - are you able to see in Namus if there are any R/O?

Namus now says this was a skull with partial soft tissue; this would seem to rule out that there was a mounting hole or that it was a war-time/trophy skull, doesn't it? Though the fact no hair was recovered seems odd.

There is a recon on Namus.

There are currently no comparisons listed on NamUs.
The Asian heritage, the mounting hole, and the teeth glued into place all suggest a scientific anatomical specimen to me, but who knows.

There are currently no comparisons listed on NamUs.
The Asian heritage, the mounting hole, and the teeth glued into place all suggest a scientific anatomical specimen to me, but who knows.
The presence of soft tissue would seem to indicate not a scientific specimen though, wouldn't it (I have no idea but just based on what I've seen in medical offices etc - those teaching skeletons don't seem to have anything but bone).

Since LE have gone to the trouble of making a recon made me think that the medical specimen angle had been ruled out.

Another one - I've emailed to see if the 'specimen' angle has been r/o. I suspect a lot of people would read the first reports and think this is a lower priority case unless we can confirm it was incorrect.

No MP of Asian heritage in the TX MP index. Since Conroe is in eastern TX, I looked in LA & only came up with one match:

Emino Nakamura Murray MP since 20 Aug 1982 from Gretna, LA (364 mi).
LA - LA - Emino Nakamura Murray, 30, Gretna, 20 Aug 1982
Emino Nakamura Murray - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People
Emino Nakamura Murray – The Charley Project

Last edited:
Elizabeth Ann Campbell

elizabeth_ann_campbell_1.jpg
elizabeth_ann_campbell_2.jpg
elizabeth_ann_campbell_4.jpg

• elizabeth_ann_campbell_11.jpg

Missing Since: 4/25/1988
ClassificationEndangered Missing
Race: Asian, Biracial, White
DOB: 5/31/1967
H/W: 5'2", 96 - 106 pounds

Clothing/Jewelry Description
A white t-shirt with a design imprinted on the front, blue jeans, blue jeans, white sneakers

Details of Disappearance
Campbell was a student at Central Texas College and attended classes before leaving for her part-time job at the 7-11 store on Rancier Avenue in Killeen, Texas on April 25, 1988. After work she went to a group study at her boyfriend's residence, about 30 miles away from her own home. She and her boyfriend got into an argument and she said she wanted to go home, and he refused to take her, so she left alone sometime between 9:30 and 11:00 p.m. Campbell never arrived home. Her family didn't realize she was missing until the next morning.

A clerk at another 7-11 store on Highway 190 in Copperas Cove, Texas reported seeing Campbell the night of her disappearance. The clerk said a man driving a light green Gremlin, whom she thought was a Central Texas College student, dropped her off. The 7-11 employees let her use their phone to call her boyfriend. She asked him to come and pick her up, but they got into another argument and Campbell decided to call her brother instead. This would have been a long-distance call and she didn't want to make it on the store's phone, so she went outside to use the pay phone. She has never been heard from again.

Campbell's parents went to the Central Texas College campus and were able to locate the man who dropped her off at the 7-11. He said he had been working late at the college computer lab, saw Campbell walking down the service road and recognized her as a fellow student at the college. He offered her a ride to Copperas Cove, which was as far as he was going.

Campbell's purse was located over 180 miles away, off Interstate 10 in Ozona, Texas, in 1992, four years after she was reported missing. Someone turned it in to the Crockett County Sheriff's Department, but they never recorded who had done this or when. The then-sheriff thought the purse had been turned in sometime between April 1988 and January 1989.

CHARLEY PROJECT

1336UFTX
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Lone Star Feed is a Texas (Nacogdoches) maker of feed and fertilizer for all kinds of animals. They appear to have a large and loyal following across at least eastern Texas and possibly into Louisiana. I'm not sure what the hats would have looked like in 1998 but this photo shows some recent ones: Google Image Result for https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/lookaside/crawler/media/?media_id=1624550357677736.

So I would guess that the person(s) who put her skull there were probably locals.

1336UFTX
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Lone Star Feed is a Texas (Nacogdoches) maker of feed and fertilizer for all kinds of animals. They appear to have a large and loyal following across at least eastern Texas and possibly into Louisiana. I'm not sure what the hats would have looked like in 1998 but this photo shows some recent ones: Google Image Result for https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/lookaside/crawler/media/?media_id=1624550357677736.

So I would guess that the person(s) who put her skull there were probably locals.

There are a number of murders of girls and women that took place in Dallas, Conroe, Montgomery County, Walker County and possibly around the Sam Houston Nat'l Park/Forest. Some locals were suspects and/or arrested for similar crimes.

I wonder if the hat could be purchased at rodeos or farming type fairs or conventions. But it idefinitely would be available close to the business.

@Melt71, did you ever get a reply as to whether these remains were thought to be an anatomical specimen?

There are a number of murders of girls and women that took place in Dallas, Conroe, Montgomery County, Walker County and possibly around the Sam Houston Nat'l Park/Forest. Some locals were suspects and/or arrested for similar crimes.

I wonder if the hat could be purchased at rodeos or farming type fairs or conventions. But it idefinitely would be available close to the business.

It looks like they're available at feed and farm supply stores all over the region.

The presence of soft tissue would seem to indicate not a scientific specimen though, wouldn't it (I have no idea but just based on what I've seen in medical offices etc - those teaching skeletons don't seem to have anything but bone).

Since LE have gone to the trouble of making a recon made me think that the medical specimen angle had been ruled out.

Ran across her NamUs profile because it was recently updated. If it used to say that the skull had soft tissue remaining, that's been edited out.

It does sound like it's probably one of those sad cases of a scientific specimen or a war "trophy" who is unlikely to ever be identified. It's curious that they made a reconstruction though. Maybe the police department just had some excess budget to spend on reconstructions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back