Thread: FL Parents Leave Toddler In Hummer To Shop

FL Parents Leave Toddler In Hummer To Shop

Svetlana and Alexandr Trachenko had some serious high end shopping to do. I guess they had to do it together and didn't want a pesky 4 year old to get in the way.

http://www.wtsp.com/news/local/artic...opping-at-Saks

Someone saw the little girl in the Hummer. Police came and they coaxed the child to open the door. Her parents? They showed up way more than an hour later. A nanny had another child at home.

What? They couldn't split up and shop? Did Svetlana need an O.K. on tha new evening gown? Did Alexandr need her opinion on a tie? Genius. Leave a 4 year old all alone while ya flippin shop.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Filly For This Useful Post:

Tha parents mugs shots look like they're kind of not upset at all.

I didn't know there isn't a clear cut law against leaving children alone in the car. Maybe not all states I don't know. But there should be.

There is no good reason to do that. So many dangerous situations could occur.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to montana_16 For This Useful Post:

Disgusting. There is absolutely no good reason to leave a child alone in a car. When are people going to realize that children are precious gifts and not just things ?
    Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy jewelry and lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion, Every Day Is Special.

In My Humble Opinion and I Reserve
    The Right To Change It As Often As Neccessary.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truthwillsetufree For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by montana_16 View Post
    Tha parents mugs shots look like they're kind of not upset at all.

I didn't know there isn't a clear cut law against leaving children alone in the car. Maybe not all states I don't know. But there should be.

There is no good reason to do that. So many dangerous situations could occur.
    Florida does have a law about leaving kids alone in cars, but it's a traffic infraction:

According to Florida State Statute:

FSS 316.6135 Leaving children unattended or unsupervised in motor vehicle; penalty; authority of law enforcement officer.

No parent, legal guardian, or other person responsible for a child younger than 6 years of age shall leave such child unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle for a period in excess of 15 minutes; however, no such person shall leave a child unattended for any period of time if the motor vehicle is running or the health of the child is in danger.
    Any person who violates the provisions of subsection (1) is guilty of a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable by a fine of:
    Not more than $100; or
    Not less than $50 and not more than $500 if the motor vehicle was running or the health of the child was in danger at the time of the violation.
    Any law enforcement officer who observes a child left unattended or unsupervised in a motor vehicle in violation of subsection (1) may use whatever means are reasonably necessary to protect the minor child and to remove him from the vehicle.
    If the child is removed from the immediate area notification should be placed on the vehicle.
    The child shall be remanded to the custody of the Department of Health and Rehabilitative Services pursuant to chapter 39, unless the law enforcement officer is able to locate the parents or legal guardian or other person responsible for the child.
    http://www.flhsmv.gov/fhp/misc/Floridalaw/fllaw.htm#3

My parents left us in the car all the time when we were kids. In a station wagon where we'd be crawling all over the seats. One time my brother kicked the gear shift and the car rolled all the way across the parking lot and stopped at the guard rail that blocked the sewer stream canal thing.

I can imagine leaving a bunch of rowdy kids in the car as long as one was at least 12. But I don't get leaving a child alone in the car. If the cops coaxed her to open the door I'm sure a pedophile could as well.

How stupid.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chewy For This Useful Post:

There was a nanny at home...yet they take a 4 year old with them and leave the child in the car? Those mug shots are pissing me off. What kind of person smiles during a time like this? oh, sorry, a person who would leave a 4 year old in a car to go shopping.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Angels_Not_Forgotten For This Useful Post: