Student captures teacher bullying him on video

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
An NJ special needs student says he caught his teacher on cell phone video bullying him.

Imagine no one, not even your parents, believing you after you claimed you were bullied at school.
That’s what one local student says happened to him. So he decided to take things into his own hands and videotape the bully who happened to hold an important position; he was his teacher.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...t-Accuses-Teacher-of-Bullying--133858078.html

video at link

I think they shouldn't have blurred out the teachers face.

What an a-hole.I don't know about anyone else but I do not remember any of my teachers ever cussing let alone treating a student like that.

I remember when my children were in school. More bullying (that wasn't the term used then) was done by the Teachers than the students. I was apalled when I encountered it for the first time as I had always been taught to respect Teachers, no matter what. My eyes were opened for me and from that time forward when one of my children had a complaint or a problem it was investigated by me, thoroughly.

It's a shame when a child has to take his cell phone to school to record this Teacher to prove his allegation. The boy is pretty bright if ya ask me, good for him.

Ugh!

If you ask me, the teacher seems like he's in need of more special ed than Julio. I got what he was saying...he was basically asking the teacher, "When I don't go to the special ed school anymore, then what are yo going to call me?" The teacher was the one that missed the comment and got incensed over it. And we can bet that this isn't even the worst of it.

I don't care what else is going on in the teacher's life, when you have a job where you are shaping kids minds every day, you learn how to leave your home problems at home or take some time off to deal with them.

IMO Neither knows how to communicate effectively or appropriately.

That teacher is certainly not the guy to be teaching any child anything, let alone a special ed student, if he's so easily riled. I tend to believe he behaves like this everyday, he seems like a classic bully to me.

I would venture a guess that this class is an alternative school for behavior. I'll even say that perhaps this child made threats to his teacher in the past...we haven't heard the entire video in context and we haven't heard every interaction up until now. NEWSFLASH for the kid...if you're sitting in special education classes at an alternative school, you are not "normal". The teacher is right in that the rest of the world doesn't care. If being called "special" hurts your feelings, say so.

IMO The biggest mistake the teacher makes is not respecting the child as a human being and refusing to treat him with any respect at all. Children respond when they believe the teacher actually cares! This man has no business teaching anyone. He needs to learn some manners and he needs a clue. It's SHOCKING to me he's a teacher at all....but a special ed teacher....GAK!

Ny own sister in law is a special ed teacher that HATES children and is every bit as abusive as this man and in the past bragged about many of the inappropriate things she's said and done with and to her students. Frightening. We no longer speak. BTW Myself and my husband informed the superintendent and the board of education...she has tenure:banghead:.

The teacher is right in that the rest of the world doesn't care. QUOTE]

The teacher is wrong as this story illustrates. When exposed, it became first local news and now national and the teacher is being disciplined. If your SIL is abusive, prove it as this child did. IMO her tenure won't save her. If she doesn't lose her job she will at least be removed from the classroom and that's the point.

The teacher is right in that the rest of the world doesn't care. QUOTE]

The teacher is wrong as this story illustrates. When exposed, it became first local news and now national and the teacher is being disciplined. If your SIL is abusive, prove it as this child did. IMO her tenure won't save her. If she doesn't lose her job she will at least be removed from the classroom and that's the point.

Of course the teacher is wrong.

Let me explain my comment a little better. I think what the teacher MAY have been trying to get the child to understand ....prisons are full ...and no one cares if they are filled with special education students or not. Ultimately, it's important for the student to be responsible for his or her own actions. There is a way of delivering that message appropriately, apparently this teacher doesn't know how to do that. That's why I said he has no business teaching anyone.

Just how would you like me to prove that my SIL is abusive?

My first take was that the student was urging him on; but, I think he was doing so on purpose to document the abuse. This would have been bad enough on a one to one basis, but daily in front of the class?

Special Ed is a real burnout for teachers. Rather than firing him, maybe the teacher needs some help.

I recognize this brand of "teaching"-- there was lots of it in the sixties and seventies, when I was coming up. This sort of "instructional" excellence was often offered in lieu of something corporal.

This guy is waaaaaay off, these days. It makes me wonder if he's teaching because the economy closed in on his other profession. MOO

Wow, that's really sad. Teachers are supposed to be role models for their students. What a disgrace this man is.

That's really messed up. A teacher bullying a child is even worse since an adult and someone in power is involved.

:waitasec: This boy figured out how. You can't get a cell phone or digital voice recorder into your SILs classroom? Maybe you could hire this kid.

Are you suggesting I break into her classroom, in the middle of the night, and have surveillance equipment installed? break into the school office and steal her students names and addresses? hide under a desk with my iphone ? :waitasec:

Hi Everyone,

I know this is an emotional issue but we we dial it back a bit please? No need to get personal.

Thank you,
Tricia

Here's a similar story that has been in the news the past few days:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45302...ape-bullying-special-needs-girl/#.TsM1VWBuFl0

When a 14-year-old special needs student in Ohio told her father she was being bullied at school, he figured it was something that many teenagers endure.

Then he realized it was his daughter’s teachers doing the bullying.
“We were shocked,’’ he tearfully said. “We couldn’t know. We didn’t know.’’

:furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆