Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 556
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerRed View Post
    Wow. The brother...no emotion, no concern on his face at all.
    Then IMO he KNOWS tha Sky is ALIVE and well!
    Google his name... He is the kind of person that WOULD hide a child IF he was led to believe the child was INDEED in DANGER!


  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  3. #182
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In the Boonies of Louisiana
    Posts
    3,354
    Quote Originally Posted by DairyGirl View Post
    Better yet, how about her own private cell, with a shared toilet of course.
    Actually I was thinking she deserves a porta potty, you know those disgusting portable toilets popular at outdoor fairs and construction site. Preferably one that has already experienced heavy usage and has not been cleaned.
    SwampMama

    GUILTY!!!

    Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

    http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html


  4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:


  5. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    12,319
    $17.99!


  6. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  7. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    4,317
    Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    Then IMO he KNOWS tha Sky is ALIVE and well!
    Google his name... He is the kind of person that WOULD hide a child IF he was led to believe the child was INDEED in DANGER!
    But then why is M not hidden as well? If JB really felt that SM was such a horrible person why did she want him to have M instead of M being placed in a foster home for the time being?

    I too would love for Sky to be alive and well somewhere because JB "hid" him from SM however I do not believe that is the case. It makes no sense to hide one child and not the other. Unfortunately I believe that Sky is dead, and by his mother's hands.

    MOO


  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:


  9. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Georgia
    Posts
    12,319
    Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    But then why is M not hidden as well? If JB really felt that SM was such a horrible person why did she want him to have M instead of M being placed in a foster home for the time being?

    I too would love for Sky to be alive and well somewhere because JB "hid" him from SM however I do not believe that is the case. It makes no sense to hide one child and not the other. Unfortunately I believe that Sky is dead, and by his mother's hands.

    MOO
    You may be right. She didn't run IMO cause she wants to keep playing the field.
    The child if handed off was indeed expendable but NOT killed.
    I just think her brother is a stand up kid and would have "created" the perfect "scenario" to make one "think" a death occured while all the time the child is out of the country alive and well.
    I PRAY I'm on the right track with my gut...


    :nurse:it's the nurse in me and I can't give up yet!


  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gngr~snap For This Useful Post:


  11. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    5,145
    This so called 'mother' reminds me so much of Casey Anthony it makes me sick. She is apparently a complete narcissist and totally self absorbed. And this is on top of the other psychiatric problems she reportedly has, bipolar, severe OCD to the point of being delusional, etc. She cares nothing for anyone but herself. Period.

    Even worse, this completely mentally incompetent person has been allowed to have complete control over these two little children for an extended period of time. This is in spite of there being other so-called responsible adults, family, friends, including the father, in the picture. This is totally outrageous and unacceptable.

    This 'mother' had already been known to have had serious mental health issues, so the fact that the children were with her, in my opinion, is in itself a serious problem. To add to that, her dysfunctional and enabling family and friends share responsibility as well. The father is well meaning, but he is weak, and should have taken the children from her long ago. He did not try hard enough. I hope they are all thinking long and hard about this.


  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to neesaki For This Useful Post:


  13. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    281
    I find myself so conflicted. I just don't think this woman is smart enough to pull off the perfect crime. Why hasn't he been found? If everyone thinks she did this in an "episode" why has it been almost two weeks? For him to be gone this long some thought had to do into it. Premeditation and psychotic break just dont go together.
    “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is.”
    DISCLAIMER: This post is meant for recreational purposes only. Void where prohibited. Some assembly required. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a motor vehicle or heavy equipment. Subject to approval. Apply only to affected area. May be too intense for some viewers. If condition persists, consult your physician. Subject to change without notice. For off-road use only. One size fits all. Slippery when wet. No purchase necessary. Use only in well-ventilated area. This supersedes all previous notices.


  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ClassyT For This Useful Post:


  15. #188
    BritsKate's Avatar
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    American Expat living in England
    Posts
    5,242
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassyT View Post
    I find myself so conflicted. I just don't think this woman is smart enough to pull off the perfect crime. Why hasn't he been found? If everyone thinks she did this in an "episode" why has it been almost two weeks? For him to be gone this long some thought had to do into it. Premeditation and psychotic break just dont go together.
    You're right - they don't. I don't believe there was a psychotic break personally. In psychotic filicide cases we usually see an almost immediate confession or suicide attempt. Out of 29 psychotic filicides there were confessions in 23 and suicide attempts in 20. (e.g. Dena Schlosser and Andrea Yates both confessed to the 911 operator)

    To be fair it is unknown in some of these cases if the psychotic break was precipitated or caused by the filicide.

    I do not believe, in watching so many of these cases unfold, that a parent needs to be a criminal mastermind in order to get away with murder. A very short list of missing children's cases where parental involvement may be suspected: Kyron Horman; Schepp twins; Skelton boys; Gabriel Johnson; Haleigh Cummings; Madeleine McCann; Hailey Dunn; Aaliyah Lunsford and (hotly debated) Lisa Irwin. No recoveries have been made and no charges levied in any of those cases for murder. All of those cases are between 1 month-4 years old. In two of those cases one parent informed the other parent they had indeed killed the child.

    Tyler's quick recovery and 'mother's' subsequent confession was incredibly atypical for a (presumably) non-psychotic filicide. JMO and FWIW

    ETA: I am not familiar with a psychotic filicide that included elaborate staging, a cover up, or lying to/refusing to speak to investigators. Doesn't mean they aren't out there but I can only think of non-psychotic filicides in which that has occurred.
    Last edited by BritsKate; 11-17-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Clarification


  16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to BritsKate For This Useful Post:


  17. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassyT View Post
    I find myself so conflicted. I just don't think this woman is smart enough to pull off the perfect crime. Why hasn't he been found?
    He was a very small boy. And she likes to clean things up, you know.

    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain


  18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:


  19. #190
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    RBBM

    At some point I think society needs to accept that murdering a child is most often a choice and hold the parent fully responsible for that choice. We have seen that trend already in paternal filicides but maternal filicides are rarely afforded the same social disdain or judicial decree.

    -->Off my soapbox now. Sorry...I am really passionate that far too many mothers are getting away with murder. Many more than statistics can even speculate. JMHO
    I could not agree more!

    After reading so many of these cases, I am just so tired of hearing about how something pushed someone "over the edge" so they had to make themselves feel better by killing one of their children.

    And we are supposed to sympathize with that . . . why? Isn't that one of the most barbaric and despicable things a person can do? Funny, but when men leave a child by the side of the road, I never read much sympathy for them.

    ETA: And I am not downplaying how hard it is to raise children these days in the middle of a Great Recession. I had many hard days when my three were little, believe me. I yearned for some adult time, too, like the mother in the Lisa Irwin case. But funny thing is, I always knew where my babies were at night and I didn't leave them in a car by the side of the road with door unlocked.

    I think this case is a tragedy because of the custody battle and the way things were decided in favor of a clearly dysfunctional mother, but at some point the buck stopped with her.

    I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain


  20. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:


  21. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,374
    Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    You're right - they don't. I don't believe there was a psychotic break personally. In psychotic filicide cases we usually see an almost immediate confession or suicide attempt. Out of 29 psychotic filicides there were confessions in 23 and suicide attempts in 20. (e.g. Dena Schlosser and Andrea Yates both confessed to the 911 operator)

    To be fair it is unknown in some of these cases if the psychotic break was precipitated or caused by the filicide.

    I do not believe, in watching so many of these cases unfold, that a parent needs to be a criminal mastermind in order to get away with murder. A very short list of missing children's cases where parental involvement may be suspected: Kyron Horman; Schepp twins; Skelton boys; Gabriel Johnson; Haleigh Cummings; Madeleine McCann; Hailey Dunn; Aaliyah Lunsford and (hotly debated) Lisa Irwin. No recoveries have been made and no charges levied in any of those cases for murder. All of those cases are between 1 month-4 years old. In two of those cases one parent informed the other parent they had indeed killed the child.

    Tyler's quick recovery and 'mother's' subsequent confession was incredibly atypical for a (presumably) non-psychotic filicide. JMO and FWIW

    ETA: I am not familiar with a psychotic filicide that included elaborate staging, a cover up, or lying to/refusing to speak to investigators. Doesn't mean they aren't out there but I can only think of non-psychotic filicides in which that has occurred.
    Thank you for mentioning that.

    I hate to say it, but I was really expecting a suicide attempt by now.


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hambirg For This Useful Post:


  23. #192
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,468
    Cops: No arrests imminent in Sky case



    NEED TO KNOW


    •Police say all theories about boy's disappearance still viable
    •Police say no arrests imminent in case
    •Alleged mom's 'Sugar daddy' account last accessed on Tuesday
    http://www.hlntv.com/article/2011/11...-disappearance


  24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  25. #193
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    7,522
    Quote Originally Posted by BritsKate View Post
    RBBM
    I feel just the opposite. That we, as societies, all too often look for reasons to minimize a mother's involvement and filicides are allowed to propagate.

    In every maternal filicide case I have ever followed there has been the following offered as theories for why mothers kill: sexual abuse; spousal abuse; being physically abused as a child; having children at a young age; substance abuse; mental illness; poor role models; the way in which they themselves were parented; low income; little secondary education, etc.

    Certainly some of these factors are present in filicides but in no way should they, in my opinion, even begin to diminish the crime of stealing a child's life away. Except, of course, in cases of true psychosis in which the mother is truly incapable of determining right from wrong. Those filicides in my opinion are tragedies.

    The vast majority though exhibit overwhelming characteristics of selfishness, revenge, narcissism, and apathy. Research has shown that depression is most often associated with filicide (some studies peak at 71%) and while we all know depression is a mental illness what about the millions of mothers who suffer from it and do their damndest to be great moms? What about those women who overcome tumultuous and turbulent childhoods themselves to ensure their children have it better than they did? What about the wives who risk their own lives to remove their children from an abusive household? What about the moms who are single parents without support systems that struggle to attend school, work, and are still there for their kids school play?

    At some point I think society needs to accept that murdering a child is most often a choice and hold the parent fully responsible for that choice. We have seen that trend already in paternal filicides but maternal filicides are rarely afforded the same social disdain or judicial decree.

    -->Off my soapbox now. Sorry...I am really passionate that far too many mothers are getting away with murder. Many more than statistics can even speculate. JMHO
    Please stay on that soapbox! I am so sick of hearing about the "mother's" extenuating circumstances that led to the death and/or disappearance of a child that I could spit! Her abuse, her illness, her stress....enough already! Woman who kill make a decision just like their male counterparts, we really need to start holding them equally responsible, regardless of her "problems" - true psychosis (like Andrea Yates) excluded from this rant.

    Speaking of responsible, Julia where's Sky?!?


  26. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to LCoastMom For This Useful Post:


  27. #194
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    982
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Is there a link confirming the car she abandoned claiming it was out of gas is her brothers?

    tia
    I based that off the video in my comment above, where they state that she was driving her brother's car. I don't have a link other than that. Sorry!
    Websleuths Verified Licensed Mental Health Counselor/Trauma Specialist

    Proud and dedicated member of Sky Crew until Sky Metalwala is brought home where he belongs.


  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rougelatete For This Useful Post:


  29. #195
    hollyblue's Avatar
    hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    9,113
    Quote Originally Posted by neesaki View Post
    This so called 'mother' reminds me so much of Casey Anthony it makes me sick. She is apparently a complete narcissist and totally self absorbed. And this is on top of the other psychiatric problems she reportedly has, bipolar, severe OCD to the point of being delusional, etc. She cares nothing for anyone but herself. Period.

    Even worse, this completely mentally incompetent person has been allowed to have complete control over these two little children for an extended period of time. This is in spite of there being other so-called responsible adults, family, friends, including the father, in the picture. This is totally outrageous and unacceptable.

    This 'mother' had already been known to have had serious mental health issues, so the fact that the children were with her, in my opinion, is in itself a serious problem. To add to that, her dysfunctional and enabling family and friends share responsibility as well. The father is well meaning, but he is weak, and should have taken the children from her long ago. He did not try hard enough. I hope they are all thinking long and hard about this.
    TY and very much agree. This is why I think it is imperative for some professional to talk to the father and be sure he CAN handle the responsiblility again. Sorry, but he wasn't responsible the first go around, imo. Granted the authorities and the courts were slack in their responsibities also, but the situation went on for years (since the birth of MM) and he lost everything before he decided to firmly do to anything. I just can't help doubting that he has good judgement......nothing personal against the man...just something is not right and needs to be "adjusted" before he's given free reign to oversee the care of MM again.

    JMO, LE hasn't cleared him either. Not that I think he did anything to harm Sky, but there has to still be a doubt in LE's mind about something....or the would have by now. IMO, JMO, etc.


  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:


Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #17
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 827
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 10:52 PM
  2. WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #15
    By imamaze in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 566
    Last Post: 01-08-2012, 02:47 AM
  3. WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #13
    By imamaze in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 589
    Last Post: 11-28-2011, 06:57 PM
  4. WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 4
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 564
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 05:13 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •