856 users online (114 members and 742 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #2

Thread #1

Please continue here...
    Last edited by KateB; 05-17-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

Dead toddler Tyler Dasher's mother told cops she beat him because he wouldn't stop crying
    The mother of a dead 1-year-old Missouri boy told police she struck him repeatedly when he wouldn't stop crying or lie down, then dumped his body near a nearby graveyard, St. Louis County, Mo., prosecutor Bob McCulloch said at a news conference this afternoon.

Shelby Dasher, 20, is being charged with second-degree murder, and is being held on a $500,000 cash bond, McCulloch said. She is on suicide watch, he said.

The medical examiner reported the cause of Dasher's son, Tyler Dasher, was multiple blunt force trauma to the head, McCulloch said. No objects seem to have been used, he added.

More...

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    I saw a headline blurb on my FB that said 'mother of deceased one-year old charged' and my first thought was, 'which one?'.

how sad is that ...

rest peacefully baby Tyler. I'm so sorry you suffered at the hands of the one who should love you the most

I'm so angry right now

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by MEM2010 View Post
    makes me cry

sweet baby

I really don't feel comfortable with people calling Shelby's mom into question until we know something about her. There is a good chance that she knows Shelby is lazy, immature and loves her partying and sleep more than she loved Tyler and that could be why Shelby, at 20, and Tyler were living with Grandma. Somebody has to work and it wasn't Shelby. I refuse to fault Grandma for leaving them and going to work. It's possible she didn't know what time Shelby got in, it's possible Grandma had no idea that Shelby had been using drugs or drinking (if she had). It's also possible that Shelby and her mom had been having conflict lately about Shelby not working, not taking responsibility for herself and her child, and that might be why Shelby has been posting recently that she wants to get out of town. So even if Shelby and her mom did have words that morning, I do not fault her mom for leaving her with the baby unless she was obviously wasted. For all we know they had it out and Grandma left for work with them both angry at each other, but I can't believe she thought Shelby would hurt her little boy.

On the other hand, it IS possible that Shelby learned abusive behavior from her mother. Until we hear that, though, I feel it's horrible to speculate that she holds any blame in Tyler's death. This has got the be every mother's nightmare. What is worse than losing your child? Losing your grandchild because your child murdered him and dumped him like garbage.

omg how can you look in those big innocent blue eyes and not cry....

Ok . No. I have not posted since the OCA verdict. But I have to step in here.

My son. My only boy.He had such a rough time teething that the neighbors called the cops. We spent many a sleepless night. Never ONCE did I consider anything but comforting him.

Please......I was a young mother. Of course I was not on illegal drugs.

When will these young mothers stop putting themselves before their kids??
    To do this day I put my kids needs before mine.
    JMO.

The state's electronic court system did not list an attorney for her Wednesday afternoon, and a county jail worker declined to convey a request to Dasher seeking comment.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...cedff315460099

BritsKate is online now Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    I really don't feel comfortable with people calling Shelby's mom into question until we know something about her. There is a good chance that she knows Shelby is lazy, immature and loves her partying and sleep more than she loved Tyler and that could be why Shelby, at 20, and Tyler were living with Grandma. Somebody has to work and it wasn't Shelby. I refuse to fault Grandma for leaving them and going to work. It's possible she didn't know what time Shelby got in, it's possible Grandma had no idea that Shelby had been using drugs or drinking (if she had). It's also possible that Shelby and her mom had been having conflict lately about Shelby not working, not taking responsibility for herself and her child, and that might be why Shelby has been posting recently that she wants to get out of town. So even if Shelby and her mom did have words that morning, I do not fault her mom for leaving her with the baby unless she was obviously wasted. For all we know they had it out and Grandma left for work with them both angry at each other, but I can't believe she thought Shelby would hurt her little boy.

On the other hand, it IS possible that Shelby learned abusive behavior from her mother. Until we hear that, though, I feel it's horrible to speculate that she holds any blame in Tyler's death. This has got the be every mother's nightmare. What is worse than losing your child? Losing your grandchild because your child murdered him and dumped him like garbage.
    I agree, regardless of what Grandma knew or did not know Grandma did not murder this gorgeous, blue-eyed baby boy.

I was raised by alcoholics though and I make a conscious decision not to drink because I know I have a genetic predisposition to become an alcoholic. I refuse to allow my children to experience what I had to. My sister and brother were both physically abused by our father and they have made the conscious decision that they will not repeat the same cycles of abuse to which they were exposed. I do not believe a traumatic childhood is a defense for harming or neglecting your own child. Ever.

I believe there is always free will and there are enough abuse and neglect survivors who become amazing parents to prove it. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    I saw a headline blurb on my FB that said 'mother of deceased one-year old charged' and my first thought was, 'which one?'.

how sad is that ...

rest peacefully baby Tyler. I'm so sorry you suffered at the hands of the one who should love you the most

I'm so angry right now
    Even worse... "mother of deceased Missouri one year old charged" and you STILL aren't sure which one... because there is more than one just in Missouri alone. You wonder if they found another one and you missed it.

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
    Hi All,

The deal of Tyler has ripped our hearts out. OMG I pray for the day I can come to Websleuths and NOT see a new story about a missing/dead/murdered child.

Emotions are running very high. Please do not post while you are angry. Step away from the computer for a bit. And always remember, attack the post and not the poster.

Thank you,

Tricia
    Help our Administrator Bessie
    Check out Websleuths Facebook page
    Follow Websleuths on Twitter
    Read Websleuths on
    Wikipedia

Tricia Griffith
    triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
    6300 N. Sage Wood Drive
    Suite H # 214
    Park City UT

i've been thinking about this for a few hours now.....i'm assuming Tyler didn't pass right away...i just can't help but think the first time she struck him he would have screamed out how could she not have felt guilt and remorse for her own child? jeez if i bump into my little ones by accident and they sob i instantly feel terrible even though it was an accident.
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.

Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    The state's electronic court system did not list an attorney for her Wednesday afternoon, and a county jail worker declined to convey a request to Dasher seeking comment.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...cedff315460099
    Good. I hope no one comes to her "rescue". Because <modsnip> are IMHO the worst of the worst.

MOO

Mel
    Last edited by Salem; 11-16-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: We don't call names - not even of the perp. I understand the heartache - but no name calling.

Quote Originally Posted by josie1986 View Post
    i've been thinking about this for a few hours now.....i'm assuming Tyler didn't pass right away...i just can't help but think the first time she struck him he would have screamed out how could she not have felt guilt and remorse for her own child? jeez if i bump into my little ones by accident and they sob i instantly feel terrible even though it was an accident.
    I hate to think of how long it took for blunt force trauma without a weapon to yield the results it did. I have seen my kids crash into a lot of things, and take some hard hits to the head. They are so amazingly tough and resistant. Anyone who kept going before they got to that point of remorse is in missing something important in the head. A lost cause as far as I'm concerned. I may be slow to judge, but I'm equally slow to forgive I guess.

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast