1256 users online (262 members and 994 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IN - Tramelle Sturgis, 10, beaten to death, South Bend, 4 Nov 2011

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/2...tml?hpt=ju_bn5

a caseworker who investigated the family months before found nothing wrong, records show.

Tramelle Sturgis died earlier this month after he and his older brother were tied up with duct tape and beaten with a club

Terry Sturgis has been charged with one count of murder and two counts of felony battery. Dellia Castile the boys' grandmother, was charged with three counts of felony neglect of a dependent

What a nightmare life these children had. Sometimes words escape me.

Yeah, this is local for me. So sad. Been all over the news this past week. In addition to the 10 year old dying, his 14 yo brother was beaten to unconsciousness. Their grandmother, the killer's mother, was arrested last night for neglect. She says her son is not a monster. So you tie up your young child, beat him to death, but you're not a monster.

http://news.yahoo.com/indiana-grandm...210621612.html

"Castile [the grandmother] was charged Wednesday with three counts of felony neglect of a dependent, for failing to report abuse of the children."

"Tramelle's brothers, age 8 and 14, told police about previous beatings and incidents in which his father had used a clothes iron, heated screwdriver and homemade torch against the three boys, according to court documents.

The brothers told investigators his grandmother was aware of the beatings and tended the burns with cocoa butter."

Cocoa butter. UN-fricken-believable.
    Last edited by Karmaa; 11-17-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: clarity
    In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves. ~Buddha~

Maybe these idiots that kill and mame their children should get the shame treatment in jail.
    I am so sick of children getting hurt, killed and abused by these parents!
    Something has to change ! JMOO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

I'm also sick of these enablers who know abuse/torture is going on and do NOTHING to help an innocent child. To me, they are just as culpable and need to be prosecuted as strongly as possible. READ what she witnessed. My DOG wouldn't allow somebody to do that to a child. I am serious. My dog would intervene and this piece of disgusting dirt ALLOWED her son to do this to these poor children. And she has the audacity to defend her son and say he is not a monster. She is a monster too.
    ================================================== ====

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/133968168.html

Tramelle lived with both his father and grandmother on W. Washington in South Bend.

Police say the beating that lead to Tramelle's death lasted hours and this was the worst case of child abuse they had ever seen. Tramelle had old wounds in addition to the wounds from the beating that killed him.

Tramelle's 14-year-old brother was also beaten. A 6-year-old and a 4-year-old also lived in the house.

Castile admitted to police that she witnessed the children being beaten at least ten times by Sturgis. She reportedly told them she would offer cash or incentives like doing the laundry to Sturgis to get him to stop hurting the children.

Sturgis would reportedly ask her which child she wanted to save when she offered these things.

Some of the abuse Castile admitted to witnessing included Sturgis allegedly using an iron to burn the children's stomachs and legs, a screwdriver heated over a lighter to burn their genitals and torsos and being burned with a homemade torch made out of a can of roach spray and a lighter.

A homemade torch made out of a can of roach spray?

Way to go on raising an excellent son to become an excellent father there, lady.

Poor young boy. May he be at peace. Prayers for the other littles to find a safe place in this ugly world.

Oh dear God. Those poor children. I am relieved that Tramelle is no longer suffering, that he will never, ever hurt again. And I am so sorry that those who should have loved him the most treated him so cruelly.

There is so much hurt in this world.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post

a caseworker who investigated the family months before found nothing wrong, records show.

Tramelle Sturgis died earlier this month after he and his older brother were tied up with duct tape and beaten with a club

Terry Sturgis has been charged with one count of murder and two counts of felony battery. Dellia Castile the boys' grandmother, was charged with three counts of felony neglect of a dependent

Grandmonster is just as guilty of murderWhy am I not surprised CPS found nothing wrong.CPS worker should be charged in Tremelle's death IMO.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

The wake of this tragedy leaves behind 3 more damaged children to grow into adulthood, I pray to my god that they won't repeat what they have been taught. Dear Lord help us to stop the cycle. Amen.

West Palm Beach (Palm Beach County) Florida
    What a evil evil man, dear god how can someone be so cruel to their own children? And this "grandmother" should have been calling for help instead of paying this "father"! JMO

Sometimes, I think killers shoud be killed the way they kill. Maybe that would act as a deterrent.

Quote Originally Posted by peeples View Post

Another CPS EPIC FAIL. Why does CPS keep getting it so wrong in many cases? I wish if a case worker went on scene it was Guilty until Proven Innocent. How could they miss this!

I'm so

MOO

Mel

I'm an advocate for animals and am constantly hearing about horrific things that are done to them. Then I come here and read about innocent children being tortured and murdered.

For the life of me, I can't understand why people don't speak up when they suspect abuse. In a recent case where animal 'shelter' workers were using the animals in a dog fighting ring, one individual admitted to knowing what was going on but was 'afraid' to come forward. Afraid of WHAT, exactly? Like this grandmother ... what the heck was she afraid of? She should have been 'afraid' to have her son living in the home and terrorizing everyone! Why didn't it click in her pea brain that they would all be safer if he was arrested? How much intelligence do you need to figure that out?

I'm absolutely sickened to think about those poor children, their hands duct taped, screaming from the pain of getting burned with a home made blowtorch. And CPS didn't see one mark on any of these children?! The social worker who 'investigated' should be thrown in prison, as well, and be charged with neglect and accessory to murder.

A judge had to force DCS to release this information.
    An anonymous caller to the centralized Department of Child Services hot line spent 20 minutes on May 27, 2011, detailing horrific abuse to 10 children at 1130 W. Washington St. -- nearly six months before police found 10-year-old Tramelle Sturgis tortured and beaten to death in that home.
    In the course of describing another child's injuries that day that left the boy limping and bleeding in his abdomen, the caller urges a visit to the home that night to witness the abuse.

"Please go tonight. Please go," the caller repeats. "I'm not saying this just to be saying this. Please go. Something got to be done."
    http://www.southbendtribune.com/news...,2222665.story
    (BBM) Much more at link about how DCS and LE dropped the ball on this one. It's horrible!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast