GUILTY WI - Christopher & Mary Sultze for starving 1yo daughter, Appleton, 2011

peeples

Reaction score
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news...le-accused-of-starving-their-child?hpt=ju_bn5

Christopher and Mary Sultze

"The child was 14 months old and weighed just over 10 pounds,"

Christopher Sultze said his family "follows a very low cholesterol diet." He also said he "doesn't want to have obese children."

Ms. Sultze and her husband intentionally withheld food from their young child starting, really, shortly after she was born

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news...le-accused-of-starving-their-child?hpt=ju_bn5

Christopher and Mary Sultze

"The child was 14 months old and weighed just over 10 pounds,"

Christopher Sultze said his family "follows a very low cholesterol diet." He also said he "doesn't want to have obese children."

Ms. Sultze and her husband intentionally withheld food from their young child starting, really, shortly after she was born

Thank goodness CPS and LE became involved and this child is not dead. Thank goodness! The Mother, who starved this child looks about 40 - 50 pounds overweight, doesn't appear that she was curbing her own caloric/cholesterol intake.
The father that professess he didn't want an obese child is obviously (as per his statement and in the care of a 14 month old baby that weighs a little over 10 pounds) lacking any substantial amount of gray matter what so ever. I'm suprised he knew what the word cholesterol is. Of course they say they are not guilty of starving their child, complete opposition of what several medical professionals,( ya know those folks with medical degrees) have stated.
I just hope and pray that there has not been any kind of brain deterioration due to the lack of nutrtion. Poor baby.

Our baby girl #2 is almost 5 months and already 15lbs. And we think she is tiny. She even has the nickname of Bean because of her size. I can't imagine a 14 month old being that small:( Poor baby girl.

Ms. Sultze has a social network and has a photo of her girls including a baby. These are absolutely beautiful children.

Reading into social network stuff maybe, but she lists a talent and modeling agency on her "likes". Could it be she wanted this little doll to appear much, much younger than she truly is?

Bless these kids. Thankfully the baby is alive. Hopefully she will get the right care and thrive.

I'm just shaking my head... what on earth were they thinking? I was so relieved to see she's made it thus far, and now that she's being nourished, I pray she'll thrive.

The irony is, of course, now that she's been starved her little body will hold onto every calorie and store for survival's sake-- she may very well be destined to be overweight because of their inane fears, and for this reason, I can't hope they get her back. <epithet> :mad:

Poor baby! Both of my kiddos were over 8lbs when born!

Very happily surprised that CPS did the right thing before this child starved to death!I guess some do care about the children,sadly this does not happen in most cases IMO.

Mama Sultze had been in trouble with child protective services in the past for biting another daughter on the arm. She did so to teach her DD a lesson after she bit another sister. Sultze admitted it probably wasn;t the right thing to do. Nooooooooooooooooo it was not. However, I do know parents that have done this with a child that bites. I'm no expert, but ummmmmm does that work, really? Also isn't there sometimes underlying issues to why a kid bites?

Back to poor lil baby girl. They were taking her to regular check-ups. She was admitted to hospital at one point and Pop's took her out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063077/Parents-starved-baby-months-feared-obese.html

It just amazes me you don't know. If I saw this woman's FB I would swear she was a fabulous parent. Everything revolved around those kids. Really adorable kids.

Mama Sultze had been in trouble with child protective services in the past for biting another daughter on the arm. She did so to teach her DD a lesson after she bit another sister. Sultze admitted it probably wasn;t the right thing to do. Nooooooooooooooooo it was not. However, I do know parents that have done this with a child that bites. I'm no expert, but ummmmmm does that work, really? Also isn't there sometimes underlying issues to why a kid bites?

Back to poor lil baby girl. They were taking her to regular check-ups. She was admitted to hospital at one point and Pop's took her out.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063077/Parents-starved-baby-months-feared-obese.html

It just amazes me you don't know. If I saw this woman's FB I would swear she was a fabulous parent. Everything revolved around those kids. Really adorable kids.

OT-

I have 5 boys, they all went through the biting stage (theirs was because of late verbal skills). Anyway time out after every bite worked after a few days for all but 1 child. That last child no matter what we did if he was mad, upset, tired, happy, excited he'd bite... after he nailed me for the 3rd time in the same spot on my leg (OMG it was sooo sore) and we'd been doing time outs at preschool and at home for literally months and he was close to getting kicke dout of preschool, i bit him back, didn't even leave a red mark, but i think it scared him and i said did you like that, and he shook his head no and i said.. mommy doesn't like it either, Isaac doesn't like it, it HURTS, Collin doesn't like it, your friends at preschool don't like it etc etc.. he never bit again..
Was it the right thing to do? maybe not.. but no one else had any suggestions that we hadn't already tried besides biting back....

I don't know if this is *always* true, but it seems like overweight people starve their children or other creatures. Those boys who were starved also had a very fat mother and when I lived in Kansas City, a woman starved her horses. She was also fat.

I don't know why CPS didn't intervene sooner? The child was being seen regularly and they SAID they weren't feeding her because they didn't want her to get obese.

I know a woman here was giving her baby skim milk instead of formula for the same reason, but stopped when she was told the baby wasn't getting the nutrition she needed and that babies NEEDED fat. She just needed to be educated.

My babies were always on the skinny side (still are) but they were healthy.

Glad this baby had intervention! Maybe these parents need more education on the healthy eating for toddlers.

some folks should just NOT be parents. My chubby wubby was 13 pounds at 2 months! He's grown into a very tall and slender young man (at 14). Matter of fact, he towers over me. Must have been all the grub he's been eating over the years!

On another note, I think these parents are idjeets for not wanting a chubby baby. My son was a real chubster, but so was his dad...so was I (and still am). But looking at genetics, I knew he was gonna shoot straight up when he got older. And he did.

MOO

Mel

this was very hard on us. we knew the family through an organization our girls were in. they always had an excuse of why she was so tiny, they would say the other girls were too.

flash forward to today and all 4 girls are doing well. they are active girls and they are all of healthy weight. I dont talk to the parents, only the girls these days as my girls are still in activites with them

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back