1259 users online (252 members and 1007 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OR - Seaside, WhtMale UP9392, 35-50, washed ashore, fully clothed, Oct'11

Seaside Police are still asking for anyone who may aid in identifying the victim to contact Seaside Police at 503- 738-6311 or through the Tip Line at 503-738-0222

The deceased is described as a white male adult in his late 40ís, approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall, and weighing 238 pounds. He has short dark hair with a receding hair line, hazel eyes, and a salt and pepper stubble beard & mustache.

He was wearing black jeans, black tee shirt, black zip up Columbia windbreaker and tan colored Danner Boots. He was also wearing a black Timex watch with green face. There were no marks or tattoos on the body.

http://www.northcoastoregon.com/2011...Oregon+News%29
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-19-2013 at 02:06 AM.

I always find it heartbreaking when someone dies alone and unclaimed.

That artist's rendering was really good and hopefully will generate a lead.

Still unidentified according to this article:

http://www.katu.com/news/local/132062603.html
    The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

This town is small enough where LE pretty much knows everyone. They even know who the part time residents are from other cities such as Portland. If he was a tourist, hotels and such should have recognized him. I would think his possessions would be left behind somewhere. He doesn't seem to be a transient type. Weird that he had no ID on him though. No report of an abandoned car. He could have taken the bus (Greyhound?) from Portland. FWIW, I believe he was on the rocks in an area called The Cove further SW of where he was found and a sneaker wave got him.

I believe there was a bike found chained to a pole a half mile away from where the body was found. Judging from the clothing (danner boots, Columbia jacket...I think they manufacture the jackets near seaside) he was dressed well. No scars, marks, or tattoos... Fairly good dental hygiene.... Probably not a transient. Maybe someone visiting the area? Or someone possibly fishing that went overboard? Seems they should have been reported missing by now, or a boat found floating empty. Just my thoughts.

The only current, albeit remote possibility I can find unfortunately has no photo attached to it.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases...se_information
    Last edited by masnitram; 11-04-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by masnitram View Post
    The only current, albeit remote possibility I can find unfortunately has no photo attached to it.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases...se_information
    The doe does not have any tattoos. But otherwise would have been good.

https://identifyus.org/cases/9392

Only Rule out listed:
    Ryan Merle 1958 Oregon

Clatsop Co - MALE - October 2011 # 11-6438

When I was talking to the detective in the Hampton Doe case, he said part of the problem in researching these cases is that more and more are added all the time. While researching another doe, I found this new one.

Here's the information:

Case number 11-6438

Date found October 05, 2011 at 06:53 AM

Rule out: Ryan Merle

Circumstances:
    A couple walking the beach at daybreak (~7 a.m. on October 5, 2011) discovered the body of a man with short dark hair, hazel eyes, and salt and pepper stubble/light beard. He was wearing black jeans, a black Tee Shirt, a black zip up Columbia windbreaker and tan colored Danner boots. The body had been on the beach less than 12 hours.

More watch images at link

https://identifyus.org/cases/full_report/9392

It seems like I may have seen a report on this gentleman a month ago on WS. If you find it, please let me know and I'll merge them.

Smile Seaside, Oregon drowning

The best advice I give to my children: Tell the truth - whether you like it or not.

Do you know how long I searched for that?

You don't wanna know.

for finding it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Do you know how long I searched for that?

You don't wanna know.

for finding it!
    Oh, believe me, I understand

Quote Originally Posted by mtrooper View Post
    I believe there was a bike found chained to a pole a half mile away from where the body was found. Judging from the clothing (danner boots, Columbia jacket...I think they manufacture the jackets near seaside) he was dressed well. No scars, marks, or tattoos... Fairly good dental hygiene.... Probably not a transient. Maybe someone visiting the area? Or someone possibly fishing that went overboard? Seems they should have been reported missing by now, or a boat found floating empty. Just my thoughts.
    If he biked in, he could be from anywhere. There are a lot of cross country bikers in this state. And long routes known nationally. I've talked to some who stop in my town and they've told me about it.

So, I'll keep using Google to see if a report pops up about a biker who is missing.

Here's a site with some bike routes. Link to map: http://www.bikely.com/maps/bike-path...Seaside-oregon

This one is really bugging me. I thought they'd ID him by now. I get so concerned when these cases aren't solved right away that they'll be cold cases.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast