909 users online (170 members and 739 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - Makayla Norman, 14, disabled, dies of severe neglect, Dayton, 1 March 2011

A grand jury has indicted four people on charges in connection with the March 1 death of a 14-year-old girl with cerebral palsy, including the girl’s mother and three nurses.
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...e-1285881.html

CPS reports they had an unsubstantiated complaint in Dec. of 2009.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I don't quite have words. Her own mother and three medically trained individuals with different levels of training, all stood around and did absolutely nothing while Makayla literally starved to death in front of them. How do you manage to find that many "people" with that level of indifference? And why did poor Makayla have to come across all four at once?
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

It seems to me that there's an epidemic of indifference now-a-days.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    My niece has a little girl with cerebral palsy so this really infuriates me!!!WTH is wrong with people.How could anyone sit back and do nothing They all should be charged with manslaughter no deals let them sit in a cell and rot.My niece's daughter is a beautiful child who really does have a heavenly light surrounding her.She has been through so much in her few years of life but she is so full of joy.My niece left a job making over 100k a year and started a consulting business from home just so she could do all kinds of therapy with her everyday,she stays up at night to work.She lives on very little sleep but she is a wonderful mother.Her and her husband have centered their life around taking care of their precious daughter as it should be.How very sad so many failed this child. I believe CPS should also be held accountable.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

"She was the worst malnourished child this office has ever seen," Ken Betz, director of the coroner's office, said Thursday.

Authorities have said that the teen died minutes after paramedics rushed her to a hospital.

She had numerous bed sores and showed other signs of neglect, and the prosecutor described the home as vile and filthy.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1101156.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Four people in charge of overseeing this poor child's care. What the heck were they doing all day long? Disgusting is the only word I can come up with. Completely disgusting.

Fly with the angels, Makayla!

I am so freakin tired of articles like this. We see them over and over again!

Family, system failed impaired girl who died hungry

Makayla Norman died March 1 from nutritional and medical neglect complicated by her chronic condition, she had cerebral palsy and weighed only 28 pounds when she died.

The Montgomery County Coroner’s Office ruled Makayla’s death a homicide by means of medical and nutritional abuse and neglect.
    http://www.newstalkradiowhio.com/new...-hungry/nFhWP/

http://www.lakewyliepilot.com/2012/0...nourished.html

Published: Monday, Mar. 19, 2012 / Updated: Monday, Mar. 19, 2012 12:57 PM

District lost track of malnourished Ohio girl

A school district blames human error on educators' failure to keep track of a special-needs home-schooled girl who later died from neglect, and a newspaper reports that state law provides no ramifications for such slip-ups.
    Interesting article.

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I really don't understand this. There would have to have been doctor's orders and supervision I'm pretty sure, here I think it is every 6 mos. Transportation and an appt with her Dr. would have been a necessity to get the services.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

From July 2013:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3532650.html

The doctor of a 14-year-old girl who had cerebral palsy and weighed just 28 pounds when she died has re-entered no contest pleas to charges of failing to report child abuse or neglect and agreed to give up her medical license...

Edwards was the last of five people, including Makayla's mother and three nurses, to be prosecuted in connection with the girl's death...

Makayla's mother, Angela Norman, pleaded guilty last year to involuntary manslaughter and other charges and was sentenced to nine years in prison.
    From June 2015:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...-charge/nmTDX/

Mollie Parsons — a nurse serving a 10-year prison sentence for her role in the 2011 death of Makayla Norman — pleaded not guilty to four counts of health care fraud in Dayton’s U.S. District Court...

Kathryn Elizabeth Williams was indicted last week for making false statements on a skilled nursing initial evaluation/assessment form. Williams, sentenced last summer to 30 days in jail and 160 hours of community service, is scheduled to be arraigned June 10.