Irwin Attorney: ‘Jersey’ Bragged About Kidnapping Lisa Irwin

Status
Not open for further replies.
FOX News reported Friday that according to Irwin family attorney John Picerno, the handy man known as “Jersey” bragged to someone that he was paid $300 to kidnap baby Lisa Irwin.

Note key word "Irwin" Attorney

Aargh! Most days, I am of the opinion that Jersey did have something to do with Lisa's disappearance, but this stuff coming from the Irwin (& Bradley??) lawyers doesn't sit right with me. Give the info to LE, don't go to the media! Now the primary witness may NEVER come forward.

Nice way to keep the KCPD occupied.
LE is going to clear any possible theory before any charges are filed. Sooner or later, the defense attorney's are going to run out of people to accuse...JMHO

Aargh! Most days, I am of the opinion that Jersey did have something to do with Lisa's disappearance, but this stuff coming from the Irwin (& Bradley??) lawyers doesn't sit right with me. Give the info to LE, don't go to the media! Now the primary witness may NEVER come forward.

From De's link:

Picerno said police had been notified of this information, and that they were not sure of the credibility of the teen.

I am certain LE was notified before the media was.

I wish Jersey bragged what he did with her after he kidnapped her. If he did.

I just want to point out how JP broke his silence and this little nugget came on the heels of "armed and dangerous" Dane coming forward and saying he has been in contact with LE. :waitasec:

I have to say, it's reassuring to me that whenever we find out a snippet of info, LE has already heard it. It's like Jim Spellman tweeted a while back: every time his reporting turned up another witness, LE had already interviewed them.

Did DB know about this "kidnapping" and who paid him the $$. AND who did he give BL to, or what did he do with her? I am so tired of the attorneys spinning.

This entire interview and not ONE plea for the safe return of Lisa. :maddening:

From De's link:

Picerno said police had been notified of this information, and that they were not sure of the credibility of the teen.

I am certain LE was notified before the media was.

I wish Jersey bragged what he did with her after he kidnapped her. If he did.
I think it is interesting that the teen must have told her mother who brought her to authorities who were probably able to extract from her the name of the person who told her. Jersey is still
being held on a probation violation on a 10k bail.
Megyn Kelly led into the story saying it was a sale of the baby. That was dropped from the broadcast.

FULL TRANSCRIPT:
MK: We are now hearing reports that a local handyman known as "Jersey" reportedly bragged that he got paid $300 to steal this baby. John Picerno is the Irwin family's local attorney and he is with me now. I want to underscore that this is at least triple hearsay. But walk us through how this allegation first surfaced.

JP: The allegation came to us from the mother of an individual who said that her daughter had knowledge that she was with somebody who claims that Jersey made that statement earlier. It happened the night after the vigil.

MK: Jersey, according to this person, is with this guy the night after the vigil for Baby Lisa, and Jersey says to this guy, what?

JP: What I heard from the girl, first hand when I interviewed her was that for $300, that he helped get Baby Lisa.

MK: He helped get her?

JP: Yes.

MK: So somebody paid him?

JP: Well we don't know that. That is what we're trying to find out.

MK: Oh yeah, I know that, but that's the claim in this report.

JP: That is the claim.

MK: Okay, so he told this to some guy. Do we know who that guy is?

JP: I don't have a name. We have, uh, it's someone who is part of this transient/homeless group of people. We are now in the process of trying to locate this individual.

MK: The reason we know about this guy and this alleged conversation is because this unknown/unnamed guy then told this story to this 17 year old girl as I understand, yes?

JP: That's correct.

MK: Okay, and you've spoken with her?

JP: I have spoken with her. We did that on Tuesday when BS and JT were in KC when we moved the family back into their home.

MK: Do you find her credible, John?

JP: Uh, actually, she didn't seem to have a care in the world one way or the other. I believe her when she told me that's what she heard. But obviously, without having interviewed that individual myself I can't attest to his credibility.

MK: Do you know whether she has alerted, or have you alerted the police to that alleged conversation?

JP: Yes. We have. We've been in constant contact, almost on a daily basis, particularly with the FBI on all of the new leads that we get, via texts, via emails and sometimes phone calls. So the FBI specifically we have been working closely with.

MK: If this conversation really took place, and I think right now you and I would both agree that is a big "if"-

JP: Big if.

MK: -But if it really took place between Jersey and another member of, it's being referred to as like, a "flophouse", but this sort of shared home, then that would be significant because that would be potentially a person that knew Jersey and was in the position to report on what Jersey was saying.

JP: Absolutely.

MK: Okay, I want to turn now to the cellphones. Because I know you have been pursuing other leads. And there is a lot of questions going around about the cellphones of the parents, and whether in fact they did have restricted service as the parents told me, as they have told many people on the day and night that Baby Lisa went missing. The police, as you know, and as you've told me, came in and claimed that DB's phone attempted an 11:57pm phone call that night that lasted 50 seconds. To MW's phone. A lot of people have been saying how could it be 50 seconds long if the phone service was restricted? You've spoken with Verizon, you've done some re-verifying on this, what do we know?

JP: I haven't spoken with Verizon but our investigators have. As far as we know, from early in the afternoon, on the day in question, the phones could dial outgoing calls. As far as the call specifically, at 11:57, we don't have any belief that the call actually went through.

MK: Wait, let me stop you. The phones could dial outgoing calls? could place outgoing calls?

JP: Could place an outgoing call which would be recorded, but the outgoing call would not be received by the other party.

MK: Okay, so you pick up your phone, you dial, I dial JP and it says "This is Verizon, please pay your bill."

JP: That is my understanding based on the knowledge that we have at the present time.

MK: Do we know then why the Verizon records would show a 50 second call? You know, sitting there listening to that recording for 50 seconds?

JP: Again, not being a phone expert, I don't know. We are trying to verify that. Uh, we can't get through- you know how it is when you call a cellphone company, because there is no active case we are not allowed to subpena the records. Much of the information that we are getting relative to that phone comes from the FBI when we had that initial meeting with them.

MK: Okay, now I want to talk to you about this guy Dane. Who is this guy Dane and why are you looking at him more and more?

JP: Well, the word that we are getting, and I guess a local reporter in KC interviewed uh, at least Dane's father. He is linked to being in the home of MW where that phone call went to at 11:57, it is our contention that whoever took Baby Lisa made that phone call when they took the phones. MW has claimed she didn't have her phone that night. This Dane individual was identified as being a person in possession of her phone that evening, and so much of the investigation has centered around finding him. Evidently he was out of the KC area on a hunting trip and just recently returned. From what I've read, the reporter from KC went to his parents home, interviewed his father on the porch and supposedly had some contact via text with an individual who purported to be Dane.

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...bragged-about-being-paid-to-steal-lisa-irwin/

I think it is interesting that the teen must have told her mother who brought her to authorities who were probably able to extract from her the name of the person who told her. Jersey is still
being held on a probation violation on a 10k bail.
Megyn Kelly led into the story saying it was a sale of the baby. That was dropped from the broadcast.
I didn't hear that the mother of the 17 year old brought her to the authorities?

Exactly how would it be in Lisa's best interest for her parent's attorneys to be leaking supposedly confidential investigative information to tip off the supposed person who "bought" a baby for $300? :waitasec:

If this was anywhere even close to true, and Lisa is still alive and with someone who "bought" her, they have just put her at more risk than she would already be in IMO. Why would they want to do that just to try and get the pressure off her parents? Do her parents care that much about their own reputations that they are not only not helping LE in the investigation but they are okay with their own lawyers giving out confidential information that might put their daughter at risk if by some miracle she is still alive?

I wonder how long LE have had to investigate this hearsay, 4 times removed before the parent's lawyers feel it's okay to be putting this out to the public?

MOO

This reminds me of those old gypsy kidnapping myths.

These juggalos live a gypsy-like lifestyle. I wonder if LE has been checking the various known hobo camps in the area.

Wouldn't this be considered triple hearsay??

Just Sayin.........

With continued prayers for little Lisa~always.....

This entire interview and not ONE plea for the safe return of Lisa. :maddening:

BBM: Good point ...

IMO, IF ... a BIG IF ... this "latest STORY" were true, ya would think that the parents and/or their attorneys would be PLEADING for the RETURN of Baby Lisa ...

And that is WHY I am just NOT buying this latest "STORY" ...

The "Defense Team" is doing anything and everything they CAN to steer this investigation AWAY from their "clients" -- DB and JI ...

Blame anyone else ...

MOO ...

This reminds me of those old gypsy kidnapping myths.

These juggalos live a gypsy-like lifestyle. I wonder if LE has been checking the various known hobo camps in the area.

I have thought of the hobo scenario before. I have wondered if they are close to a railroad track. jmo

Jersey was being searched for within the first week so my op has been that DB pointed to him from the start. His charge is tampering with a vehicle and they did report in August their vehicle had been tampered with...so I'm not surprised they are pushing this now as reasonable doubt for trial. Jersey's reputation made him easy too. He could have had a hand in it, but not how the attorney is spinning it, I don't believe.

I just hope some truth is coming out of Jersey now and with the court events this week, something seems to be happening, (I hope). jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74