Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory

I can't wait to see this!
Me neither!

The first 2 were riveting, shocking, heartbreaking in so many ways....and very disturbing about what this good ol' USA is coming to, with regards to law enforcement, investigation and the court system...almost unbelievable but it's all true....

Cannot wait to see it, but will have to... :heart:

I can't wait to see it either. Its being shown on HBO on Jan 12th next year, and I hope its as well made as the first film, (the second was a bit rubbish).

As for the Oscars nonsense - I think the Oscars committee lost any moral credibility when they responded to emotional blackmail and turned down "Capturing the Friedmans", (which was a great piece of film making examining the case of a father and son both accused of paedophilia), and then awarded the most prestigious Oscar of all to Roman Polanski - a convicted paedophile. Hypocrites.

I can't wait to see it either. Its being shown on HBO on Jan 12th next year, and I hope its as well made as the first film, (the second was a bit rubbish).

As for the Oscars nonsense - I think the Oscars committee lost any moral credibility when they responded to emotional blackmail and turned down "Capturing the Friedmans", (which was a great piece of film making examining the case of a father and son both accused of paedophilia), and then awarded the most prestigious Oscar of all to Roman Polanski - a convicted paedophile. Hypocrites.
I don't follow the Oscars...

With regards to this case (WM3), I just go with my gut feeling...this case was such a travesty...people in power, people in positions of authority...people authorized to justify witch hunts...

WHY isn't the real killer of these precious boys indicted yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHY isn't he arrested yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

All these years later.....

3 lives ruined and their loved ones affected....

Don't get me started ;) Ooops....too late!

Thanks, CR! JMO but maybe the thread title needs to be changed or separate thread(s) created...otherwise it's confusing and this new info might not get read...

Really good news and can't wait to see both of the new films! They sound intriguing for differerent reasons...I posted on an unrelated thread a possible to play Damien (not even aware of such a project in the works)...can't remember his name, unknown to me...

Someone to play Damien (Steve Buscemi):

I don't follow the Oscars...

With regards to this case (WM3), I just go with my gut feeling...this case was such a travesty...people in power, people in positions of authority...people authorized to justify witch hunts...

WHY isn't the real killer of these precious boys indicted yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WHY isn't he arrested yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

All these years later.....

3 lives ruined and their loved ones affected....

Don't get me started ;) Ooops....too late!

The way I understand it is since the 3 took the plea The WM Police closed the case. So even IF (and that is a big IF) Terry Hobbs (or whoever) eventually confessed nothing could be done.

The way I understand it is since the 3 took the plea The WM Police closed the case. So even IF (and that is a big IF) Terry Hobbs (or whoever) eventually confessed nothing could be done.

Yes, the State considers the case closed - for now. The door was left slightly ajar, however. In the Q & A after the release, Scott Ellington said that he would look at any additional information the defense presented to him. He even said that, when the defense was through with all testing, he would have the State Crime Lab run the DNA samples through CODIS. I'm pretty confident that, when the defense team presents Ellington with incontrovertible evidence, he will move to have the verdicts overturned and will investigate, try and convict the real killer. (BTW, I doubt that TH would ever confess. He's too much of a coward.)

Yes, the State considers the case closed - for now. The door was left slightly ajar, however. In the Q & A after the release, Scott Ellington said that he would look at any additional information the defense presented to him. He even said that, when the defense was through with all testing, he would have the State Crime Lab run the DNA samples through CODIS. I'm pretty confident that, when the defense team presents Ellington with incontrovertible evidence, he will move to have the verdicts overturned and will investigate, try and convict the real killer. (BTW, I doubt that TH would ever confess. He's too much of a coward.)

If Ellington stands by his word, then the case will be reopened, if not, he'll be just as content to say he ate the "maggot sandwich." JMO

Even if they do run the DNA through CODIS, do you think TH would show up? Wouldn't you have to commit another crime and your DNA be entered in the first place?

I just don't remember if TH committed any other crimes where his DNA was collected and entered. I know my DNA is on file, but I'm pretty positive it isn't under CODIS and can only be used to identify my body (I was in the military)

Even if they do run the DNA through CODIS, do you think TH would show up? Wouldn't you have to commit another crime and your DNA be entered in the first place?

I just don't remember if TH committed any other crimes where his DNA was collected and entered. I know my DNA is on file, but I'm pretty positive it isn't under CODIS and can only be used to identify my body (I was in the military)

I really don't know, missy. TH attacked Mildred French waaaaaaaaay before DNA was used. I don't know if they collected any DNA from him in connection with the shooting of Jackie Hicks, Jr. However, even if his DNA isn't "on file," it seems to me that, if they wanted to, the WMPD or the State of Arkansas could order him to provide a sample. The question is, "Will they?" Also, if they don't why not?

I'm not sure that any of the DNA is Terry's because they had that sample that was extracted from the cigarette butt that whatshername (the woman who worked with Ron Lax) collected when he refused to provide a sample, and they (Bode) probably checked everything against that sample, too. I'd just be interested to see whose DNA is there. James Kenny Martin, perhaps? Or some other known pedophile? Maybe it would break this case wide open by revealing the DNA of some known pervert known to have been in the area at the time but never suspected by the Keystone Kops, er WMPD. In this case, anything's possible!

I'm not sure how CODIS works either. I'm assuming that you have to commit some crime and have your DNA collected for it to be entered.

I'm interested to see if they matched any DNA from the crime scene as well!

Has anyone here seen Paradise Lost 3 at any of the film festivals?

How do you think it will compare with West of Memphis? (Peter Jackson's film)

Has anyone here seen Paradise Lost 3 at any of the film festivals?

How do you think it will compare with West of Memphis? (Peter Jackson's film)

This is just speculation, but I think the Jackson film will go further to implicate Hobbs than the newest installment of the Paradise Lost series. I know that I'm anxiously awaiting Jan 12th when it premieres on HBO. I'm looking forward to West of Memphis, too, and the film based on Mara Leveritt's book, Devil's Knot. The latter, however, is not a documentary and may play fast and loose with the truth. We will see.

This is just speculation, but I think the Jackson film will go further to implicate Hobbs than the newest installment of the Paradise Lost series. I know that I'm anxiously awaiting Jan 12th when it premieres on HBO. I'm looking forward to West of Memphis, too, and the film based on Mara Leveritt's book, Devil's Knot. The latter, however, is not a documentary and may play fast and loose with the truth. We will see.

Is Jan 12 the confirmed date? I just recently moved and have HBO for free until Jan 20th. Well supposedly free since they charged me the first month and I called them and they fixed my bill and now I look at my next bill... charges for HBO are there again... grrr Directv if they weren't the only ones that had NFL Sunday Ticket I'd so switch to Dish Network. Anyways rant over... I'm on pins and needles waiting to see this.

Is Jan 12 the confirmed date? I just recently moved and have HBO for free until Jan 20th. Well supposedly free since they charged me the first month and I called them and they fixed my bill and now I look at my next bill... charges for HBO are there again... grrr Directv if they weren't the only ones that had NFL Sunday Ticket I'd so switch to Dish Network. Anyways rant over... I'm on pins and needles waiting to see this.

That's what everyone is saying - January 12, 2011 @ 9:00 pm EST.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back