Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyWest View Post
    Dysthymia, if you haven't already watched it, it does show some of the same shots of the little boys' bodies on the bank. It is shocking and sobering. It's not as long of a scene, but it's there. Just thought you should know so you aren't taken by surprise should you watch it.
    I wish I had seen that but it began at midnight and I didn't see your post. That was nice of you to write that, though. It gives a warning to anyone else that didn't expect the murder scene to be shown.

The film didn't convince me that the 3 are innocent. It did demonstrate that at least 2 of the 3 should have been granted new trials. That judge (Burnette) was unbelievable and should have recused himself from the appeals. A surprise that there were no former witnesses recanting their statements to police.

I was shocked that the film did not try to indict Terry Hobbs. I expected an all out assault leveled at him after reading so much online about how he was the real murderer. Nothing much was made about the much discussed hair at all. The neighbor that waited until 2008 or so to remember seeing Mr. Hobbs with all three little boys was not credible. She said that no one from the police asked her? And Mark Byers with his guilty chart? Instead, Berlinger and Sinofsky chose to show Terry Hobbs in an almost sympathetic manner.

I can't wait to read what other people thought about PL3.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dysthymia For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dysthymia View Post
    Casey Anthony was found not guilty.

I have read that there are statistics for step-parents who have killed their step child but I have never read of a step parent who murdered his step child and the child's two little friends.
    So are you saying that Casey Anthony is innocent because she was found not guilty?
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

aaahhhrghh,I'm at work and I don't have HBO
    I can't wait to watch this !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by missy_g View Post
    So are you saying that Casey Anthony is innocent because she was found not guilty?
    That woman definitely is not innocent... would take a complete moron to think so.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to I Must Break You For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by I Must Break You View Post
    That woman definitely is not innocent... would take a complete moron to think so.
    or twelve.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nefriahaia For This Useful Post:

My take on the new documentary is that it was very good. It didn't indict TH like PL2 did JMB. I'm thinking that was by design. I was impressed by the ending - Jason's speech - too. IMO, Jason is getting more and more eloquent as his interviews increase.

I truly appreciated some of the footage that was extended from PL1. It gave us much more insight and understanding into the situation. As for the witnesses not recanting, I'm not sure to whom you are referring, but I've seen a trailer for West of Memphis, the Peter Jackson-financed, Amy Berg-directed documentary set to premiere at the Sundance Festival on January 26, 2012, in Nashville, TN. It seems that two of the witnesses against the three do recant in that film. I can hardly wait to see it, but will have to wait for the DVD (unless it comes to a local theater).

Here's a link:

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/01/1...er/#more-57571

For those of you wondering, as the attorney stated, the TH hair is not enough to convict TH of these murders. However, as anyone who has studied the case beyond cursory interest knows, there is much more circumstantial evidence against him. I'm hoping that some of that evidence will be discussed in detail in Jackson's film.

Then, we have Atom Egylan's (sp.?) dramatization of Mara Leveritt's book, Devil's Knot that is still in the works. We don't know much about this film yet, except that Reese Witherspoon is going to portray Pam Hobbs. Although it will be fictionalized in some way, I feel sure that the basic facts will be accurate.

Again, it is my prayer that the State of Arkansas will finally realize that they can no longer hide. I believe that many of the officials in Arkansas know that the WMFree are innocent, but politics are preventing them from speaking out. I hope that the citizens of the State of Arkansas make their feelings known in no uncertain terms and demand that the case be reopened.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

I stated that she was found not guilty of murdering Caylee.

I didn't say anything about my opinion of her guilt or innocence.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dysthymia For This Useful Post:

Interview with Jason Baldwin

Apologies if this has already been posted, I looked around a bit and didn't see it.....

'Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory': Jason Baldwin Of The West Memphis Three On His Journey To Freedom

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1204317.html

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to animlzrule For This Useful Post:

Here's the trailer for the Amy Berg film, West of Memphis...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFSuAI1ao8A"]West of Memphis, Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Is it my imagination, or does it look like Michael Carson has recanted?

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cappuccino For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dysthymia View Post
    I stated that she was found not guilty of murdering Caylee.

I didn't say anything about my opinion of her guilt or innocence.
    I do understand that but there are several posts on this forum where people state that if someone is found guilty they must be guilty right (am I'm not saying you posted that either).

Just because someone is found not guilty doesn't mean they are innocent and just because someone is found guilty doesn't mean that they committed the crime. Just my opinion.
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to missy_g For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cappuccino View Post
    Is it my imagination, or does it look like Michael Carson has recanted?
    It looks that way to me, too. I'm also glad to see Vicki Hutcheson interviewed again. I just hope that it comes to DVD or youtube quickly.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

West of Memphis looks GOOD by that trailer. Can't wait to see it too.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ziggy For This Useful Post:

Watching PL3 now. I found it online (not to watch but to download)...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to missy_g For This Useful Post:

Watching PL3 now. I found it online (not to watch but to download)...
    Where?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Compassionate Reader For This Useful Post:

It's a torrent.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to missy_g For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast