GUILTY FL - Bonnie Haim, 23, Jacksonville, 6 Jan 1993 *husband arrested*

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/776dffl.html

The Doe Network:
Case File 776DFFL

Bonnie Lynn Haim
Missing since January 6, 1993 from Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: May 20, 1969
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"-5'3"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; brown eyes.
•AKA: Bonnie Pasciuto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Bonnie Haim disappeared on January 6, 1993. Her purse was found in a trash container behind the Airport Red Roof Inn, still containing $150 cash, credit cards, checkbook and other personal items. Her car was found in the longterm parking lot at Jacksonville International Airport.

Bonnie was married to Michael Haim, with whom she had a young son. Michael worked as a manager at his aunt's construction supply company, while Bonnie worked with the business accounts in his aunt's office. Many of the people closest to Bonnie have stated that she planned to divorce Michael before her 1993 disappearance.

Bonnie returned to her family's residence on Dolphin Avenue in Jacksonville, Florida on January 6, 1993 at approximately 19:30. She was scheduled to meet Michael's aunt at her home at 20:00, but phoned her at 20:30 and said she would not be coming as planned. Bonnie has never been seen again.

Michael's aunt became concerned when neither he nor his wife arrived at work the following morning. Michael said that Bonnie had driven away after the couple had an argument the previous night. He said he did not know her whereabouts, but he had searched for her in vain. Michael claimed he was ill and that was the reason he did not report to work.

Bonnie's purse was discovered in a motel dumpster approximately five miles from her residence during the evening of January 7, the day after she was last seen. Authorities do not suspect that robbery was the motive for Bonnie's disappearance, as her wallet was intact with several hundred dollars, credit cards and checks. Bonnie's car was discovered abandoned in the longterm parking lot of Jacksonville International Airport shortly afterward.

Michael has maintained his innocence in his wife's disappearance from the case's onset. In 1999, Bonnie Haim was declared legally dead and the parental rights of Michael Haim were terminated.
While Haim was never charged with her murder, circumstantial evidence and the testimony of Haim's 3-year-old son, Aaron, was enough for a family court ruling in 2005 that Michael Haim killed his wife. He was ordered pay $26.3 million for wrongful death.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Jacksonville County Sheriff's Office
Sgt. Jim Parker
904-630-1157

Agency Case Number: 93-014219

NCIC Number: M-615098868
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Unsolved Mysteries
Local 10 News
FDLE

BHaim3.jpg

:bump: for Bonnie. :beats:

Snipped:

Bonnie returned to her family's residence on Dolphin Avenue in Jacksonville, Florida on January 6, 1993 at approximately 7:30 p.m. She was scheduled to meet Michael's aunt at her home at 8:00 p.m., but phoned her at 8:30 p.m. and said she would not be coming as planned. Bonnie has never been seen again.

I found Bonnie Haim's father to be curiously { smiling and defending her husband} I know this is not unusual to defend a son-in-law
as in the Peterson case.
But he was smiling when he was saying all this to the reporter.
He seemed not to be upset?

I have no clue where to watch this episode unless it is on demand ?
But it is episode
240 first aired
Jan.12,1996
Unsolved Mysteries

Her father's name as per the interview
Robert Pasciuto
her mother
Carolyn

Also? her missing information does not describe the clothing she was last wearing?
Jewelry? shoes/ anything?

Health conditions/ dentals?

needle in a haystack I would say without any of the identifying information.
:thinking:

Amazing that there was testimony from their 3-year old. And sad for a child to have to go through that.

Investigators blocked off Dolphin Avenue Sunday afternoon after a construction crew renovating a home found bones.
“They were doing a renovation and taking a pool out and they ran into what they thought was a bone and it looks like it to us as well,” said JSO Sgt. Dan Janson.
To be sure, JSO says they’re bringing in an archaeologist.
But neighbors Action News spoke to seem to believe it is human remains.
They tell me the home where the bones were found is the same home Bonnie Haim lived in before she disappeared in 1993.
State Attorney Angela Corey came to the scene.
Subscribe: Get Breaking News delivered to Your Mobile Device
“It's been on Unsolved Mysteries like three times,” said Delozier.
Neighbor Rhonda Delozier says she’s lived on Dolphin Avenue for 40 years and remembers Haim.
“She was very outgoing, very cheerful,” said Delozier.
TRENDING: Pilot dies in small plane crash in St. Simons Island
We asked JSO if the bones could be connected to Haim’s case that’s been cold for more than 20 years.
“That’s a lot of speculation that's going on but there's nothing I can say about that,” said Janson.
For the family’s sake, Delozier hopes these bones will bring closure for the Haim family.
TRENDING: Memphis man charged with stealing 7,500 pairs of shoes
“I hope justice may be finally done,” said Delozier.
JSO says they could be out here for two to three days investigating.
I spoke to Bonnie’s sister tonight who tells me she can’t speak about what is going on.
JSO says state attorney Angela Corey did stop by the scene.
- See more at: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/n...ent-dolphin-ave-n/njSGY/#sthash.exPs1WkF.dpuf

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...ble-human-remains-found-in-backyard/20418563/

"It looked like a portion of a skull, but I can't say definitively until we get an archaeologist to look at it," Janson said.

Janson says it may take 2-3 days to figure out if the remains are animal or human, and whom they may belong to. Until then, authorities are being very methodical, treating the scene like a burial site...

Peak said she is cautiously optimistic. "We are just hopeful and trying to give police time to get their work done and give us answers soon," she said. If the remains do turn out to be her sister's, Peak said, "It would be closure. A lot of things that we were unsure of in the past, we will now be sure of."

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ckyard-missing-jacksonville-mothers-northside
Bonnie Haim’s father, Robert Pasciuto, told the Times-Union it is unlikely the bone, if it is human, would be the remains of his daughter, who disappeared Jan. 6, 1993, from the home where she lived with her husband, Michael, and their son, Aaron, then 3 years old, in the 2400 block of Dolphin Avenue.
“That is the house my daughter used to live in. …That swimming pool was there for several years before my daughter disappeared,” Pasciuto said. “So, if the bones or whatever, were found underneath the pool when they were removing the pool, deconstructing it today, then the body of the animal or person that it came from was put in there before the pool was built.”

I checked into when the pool was built at that home. Google Earth shows a pool visible in its earliest satellite image, but that's from Jan 1994. So I pulled the property records for the house in question and the property record card indicates the pool was built in 1959, and so was the house. Looks like an aluminum carport and screen porch were added in 1995 but those appear to be at the front of the house; the pool is in the back. Michael Haim owned the home from 1988 until it was turned over to Bonnie's estate in 2007 and then deeded to Bonnie's son, according to the property records that are linked by the property appraiser's office:
http://apps.coj.net/PAO_PropertySearch/Basic/Detail.aspx?RE=0436570000

A bit more information from the wrongful death civil suit (news article dated April 20, 2005)

http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/042005/met_18525649.shtml
The custody records also said that physical evidence supported the child's account, including a tennis shoe impression left behind by the last person to leave Haim's car. The records said Michael Haim owned the same type of shoe and that a mixture of sand and plant material taken from the impression was from the same source of material collected from Haim's shoes.
Also listed as evidence is a gun recovered about two years after Haim's disappearance. Records show that as Aaron and his foster mother were crossing a bridge, Aaron told her that's where his father had thrown the murder weapon. The mother told police, who found a small sawed-off shotgun that a marine biologist said had been in the water for two years. A similar brand weapon was found in Michael Haim's home, the records said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/documents-son-witnessed-dad-kill-mom/30259740

Liz Peak, Bonnie Haim's older sister, said her sister's son, Aaron Haim, told her about what happened.

"'Daddy shot mommy in the stomach,'" Peak said of what he told her.

Peak said while Aaron Haim was young at the time, his story never changed. He told her and investigators that Michael Haim was the killer.

Peak said Aaron Haim drew pictures when he was young of his dad shooting his mom.

Aaron Haim's testimony is laid out in a 1999 document in which Circuit Judge Frederick B. Tygart officially took away Michael Haim's parental rights, ruling that it was in the best interest of the child, a boy who had "fear and hatred" toward his father.

Court records also list physical evidence indicating Michael Haim's role in his wife's disappearance.

Detectives found his shoe print in Bonnie Haim's abandoned car, unexplained sand and plant mix on Michael Haim's shoes, and a shotgun in a nearby river.

The couple's son told police where it was.

The article also says that at the time police called Michael Haim their prime suspect; however without the body the case was not prosecuted. If Bonnie's body has been found, they will certainly pursue a murder charge against Haim. Most of the earlier articles indicated Haim was a person of interest; this one does state he was the prime suspect back in 1993.

Sounds as if a 20 year plus mystery is close to being solved. I'll keep my eyes out in the next couple days, seeing as I live near the area and I get Jax news stations.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/remains-found-at-missing-woman-home-are-human/30464092

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office confirmed the remains found in the backyard of Haim's former home are in fact human remains.
It will take significantly longer to confirm the identity of the remains, if it is even possible.

I'm guessing they'll start with what they already had on file (if they had dental records, etc.) but even if the file data is limited, I am optimistic they can get reasonable DNA match given that they could obtain familial DNA from her parents, sister, and son to help determine identity. Praying this is Bonnie so her family can get closure and bring her killer to justice.

Bonnie Haim’s father, Robert Pasciuto, told the Times-Union the pool was at the home for several years before his daughter moved in and it is unlikely the bones found are hers.

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...ville-backyard-are-confirmed-be-human-remains

Removing an inground pool would disturb area surrounding the pool as well. It doesn't sound like they found a complete set of remains. Maybe they dug her up and moved her when they moved to TN and missed some of her, if it turns out to be her.

It's been three months any findings regarding the dna testing?

From JaxFlaGal's link....

Detectives found his shoe print in Bonnie Haim's abandoned car, unexplained sand and plant mix on Michael Haim's shoes, and a shotgun in a nearby river.

The couple's son told police where it was.

"He was actually going over the creek and he said 'Stop! Stop! Stop! This is where Dad threw the gun,'" Peak said.

(In addition to drawing pictures of his father killing his mother :tantrum:)

Just saw this episode again on Unsolved Mysteries and was looking for updates...none yet, it looks like.

Still can't figure what is up with her father not thinking that she's dead in the face of all the evidence to the contrary. Denial, I can understand, but he was strangely smiling / smirking through the UM episode. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back