Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - #11

Please continue here.

http://media.komonews.com/images/111106_missing_boy.jpg http://www.ktvb.com/news/regional/133461168.html

2-year-old Sky Metalwala was last seen around 9:00 am on Sunday, November 6, 2011. Sky's mother reported that her car ran out of gas in Bellevue, Washington at that time. She said she left Sky in the unlocked vehicle and walked with her daughter, who is 4, about a mile to a gas station. When she returned approximately 1 hour later, Sky was missing. An extensive search of the area turned up no sign of Sky. He was last seen wearing, a grey hooded sweatshirt, black and aqua blue sweatpants, and white socks. The FBI has been called in to assist in the investigation.

NCMEC Poster
    Media Links

Info & Support thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Thread #6

Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10

It's very important that if there's anybody that has information about Sky to call in.

TIPLINE: 425-452-2564

We can link to Flickr account as long as its a public site and related to this case. No posting of pics here at Websleuths from Flickr account.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-23-2015 at 09:58 AM. Reason: fixed broken links

jimformanKING5 Jim Forman KING5News
    @2:50 PM EST or 11:50 AM PST

Bellevue PD tells me new photos of Missing toddler and his mother leading to new tips in #SearchForSky.
    6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

http://twitter.com/#!/jimformanKING5
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    jimformanKING5 Jim Forman KING5News
    @2:50 PM EST or 11:50 AM PST

Bellevue PD tells me new photos of Missing toddler and his mother leading to new tips in #SearchForSky.
    6 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

The pressure is mounting.........
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

4. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Miziree For This Useful Post:

I was downtown today for other reasons and went right past where SB lives in Belltown. It's on 3rd Avenue between Bell and Battery. This google street view shows it still underconstruction, but you can see from the other landmarks this is indeed the location.

2300 3rd Ave, Seattle - Google Maps

Link to a screen cap of the interview in front of SB's building.
    http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/...BInterview.jpg

The complex is called Moda.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 04-23-2015 at 09:59 AM. Reason: fixed broken link

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

PLEASE let there be a break in this case today....................

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

I'm so glad to hear LE are getting more tips after releasing the new photo's!! I hope this leads them to where Sky is.

Bringing this link from the last thread:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/sear...330-pm-/nFg8p/

Bellevue police have called another news conference for 3:30 p.m. Saturday in the search for missing toddler Sky Metalwala

12. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Miziree For This Useful Post:

I found a local news update but not sure if it is considered MSM . . . . if not - Mods please forgive.

"Search for Missing Boy Sky moves to Kirkland’s Watershed Park"

http://www.kirklandviews.com/archives/30817/
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    I found a local news update but not sure if it is considered MSM . . . . if not - Mods please forgive.

"Search for Missing Boy Sky moves to Kirkland’s Watershed Park"

http://www.kirklandviews.com/archives/30817/
    You know, it's really easy to get to where the car "ran out of gas...ahem" and be facing the direction it did toward the hospital from there.

It would explain what she was doing on that side of the 405.

Watershed Park to 2400 112th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 - Google Maps

15. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

I am not familiar with the direction of the hospital she was supposedly heading to . . . wasn't it overlake or something like that?

Watershed park is quite a ways from her apartment . . . so I would assume she would have driven there. I am not sure she had a car when she was seen in the survellience stills . . . maybe she didn't get her brother's car until the weekend?
    Proud member of the AFKBPOFPOPL

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    I am not familiar with the direction of the hospital she was supposedly heading to . . . wasn't it overlake or something like that?

Watershed park is quite a ways from her apartment . . . so I would assume she would have driven there. I am not sure she had a car when she was seen in the survellience stills . . . maybe she didn't get her brother's car until the weekend?
    Yes, it was Overlake she was pointing toward, but her location was questionable.

I just calculated on google maps the drive time to where 108th crosses through Watershed. It's a three minute drive. It's a 26 minute walk.

2400 112th Ave NE, Bellevue, WA 98004 to 4352 108th Ave NE, Kirkland, WA 98033 - Google Maps

19. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

So perhaps 908 to 405?

Or 520 to the park?
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    So perhaps 908 to 405?

Or 520 to the park?
    Lots of routes and none of them are of great distance relative to the area.

That location makes a lot of sense to me. They lived in Kirkland. 108th--which becomes 112th--borders that park and the walking distance from that point is rather interesting. The 3 minute drive from that point even moreso.

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GingerRed For This Useful Post:

From a psychological point of view and from the research that BritsKate presented about filicide, I did wonder what JB considered "home." Was "home" the place where she returned with a newborn Sky or the apt. in which she lived currently?

How far is the now-foreclosed family home from this park?

25. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

I wanted to comment on the theory that Julia left the kids alone during mediation and then something happened to Sky.

It is a logical theory. But the two weeks thing really has me feeling different. So does the statement by Solomon before Sky went missing that the mother had thoughts of strangling Sky, coupled with her apparently intense mental illness -bi polar and OCD, depression (possibly began as post-partum depression?).

So, my theory is there was no accident.

I think, that when questioning Julia, who was obviously a suspect almost immediately, they asked her to go back and trace what she had been doing, step-by-step, in the days leading up to Sky's disappearance. They probably told her they wanted to make sure no one was stalking her. And maybe they actually believed that was a possibility at first because I am sure one of the first things out of her mouth would have been the intense custody battle and Solomon's "violence".

So, as she told them things, other LE probably checked those things out. I believe it was a marathon interview session and LE was probably interviewing people while Julia was interviewed.

So when she discussed mediation, which occurred five days before she was interviewed, they probably asked her where Sky was during it. "Oh, my mother cared for both kids that day." Now she is sweating.

In the meantime, they are asking all her neighbors, friends and relatives when was the last time they saw Sky (two weeks ago). So they ask grandma, or whoever she claimed was watching the kids, "Didn't you watch Sky on 11-1-11?" "No, just M. Sky was at a play date with so and so."

Then they call so and so. "No, I never had a play date with Sky on that date." Now the red flags are being raised even higher. LE confers. They go back to mom: "Listen, your mother says she only sat for M. That you told her Sky was with so and so. But we talked to so and so and she denied that. What's going on? No one has seen Sky for two weeks besides you. Is there something you need to tell us? People state they have seen M, but not Sky. What's going on?"

Now she really starts to freak out. Realizes she is in major trouble. "Okay, I need to admit something to you. I left Sky home alone during mediation. He wasn't feeling well so I didn't want to take him out of the house. He was sleeping. I know it was wrong but I thought he would be okay."

As she's speaking, you have other LE quickly contacting as many people as possible that Julia states she would have encountered during the last two weeks. Someone states they again saw M with mom at some function or place, without Sky on a certain date within the last two weeks. They again confront Julia: "Where was Sky? Did you have a babysitter that day?" She is getting in deeper and states, "Well, he was sick that day. I left him home at the condo because he was sleeping. I know I shouldn't have but he was okay."

I really feel this is a strong possibility. I am not buying the accident theory. I think there is no way that a mom with such severe OCD and mental problems would leave her kids alone in her house to mess it up, even if she drugged them or locked them in a bathroom or something. Why wouldn't she just get a babysitter? Why wouldn't she bring them to grandma's or Grandma S's house?

Even if drugged and locked somewhere - and it had to be both because otherwise, they could cry and scream and someone would hear that - her disordered mind would likely (I imagine), keep wandering to the possibility that they woke up and made some kind of mess. I just can't imagine Julia wanting to leave her kids unattended in her precious house and possibly disrupt the order there.

No, I really don't think there was an accident. I think LE found out very quickly that Sky hadn't been seen in a while but M had. They confronted her and she had to make up a story. They maybe won't arrest her yet for leaving the kids alone because they do not believe it is true and it undercuts their murder theory. I think they will only arrest her as a last resort, if they feel they will not be able to get enough to prove murder.
    For Travis Alexander, a human being.

*Gitana (means "Gypsy girl"). Pronounced "hee tah nah."

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast