975 users online (195 members and 780 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Crazy Crime up the street from my house

She must be prawn crackers: Bizarre moment woman ransacked Chinese restaurant before stripping nude and setting fire to cash register
    Last updated at 4:35 PM on 18th November 2011

Comments (51)
    Add to My Stories
    This is the bizarre moment an upset woman ransacked a Chinese restaurant before she took all her clothes off, set fire to the cash register, and paraded naked in the street.
    The incident started when she walked into Dragon China restaurant in Brooklyn, New York, and demanded free food after finding the word 'free' on the take-out menu.
    Attempts to calm the unidentified woman, who is believed to be in her 50s, failed, and she began to throw everything in sight, screaming with rage and flailing at any object or person in her path.

Unusual: This nude woman ransacked the Dragon China restaurant in Brooklyn, after being turned down for 'free' food
    Restaurant's owner Dajo Zhao said that the woman then slammed her fingers down on the menu and asked the cashier: 'Everything is for free?' , while screaming, 'Free! Free! Free! Free!'
    A stunned eyewitness said: 'We couldn't really make out what she was saying, but she reached behind her back and unzipped her skirt, pulled down her underwear, kicked off her shoes, ripped off her top, unsnapped her bra and started parading around - still in the middle of the street.

'She jumped onto the hood of a car that was trying to get through the intersection and spread eagle on it.
    'Then she slid off and ran into the Chinese food restaurant and trashed the place.'
    Locals know the woman as a regular, where she has often been seen talking to herself while walking down the street.
    Restaurant Noreen Monier said: 'She mutters to herself and argues a little, but she seems well taken care of.

Distressing: The elderly lady then set fire to cash from the register and paraded nude in the street before being taken in by police
    'But on Thursday, at least, it was clear that the woman had snapped.'
    The scene, which lasted about 45 minutes, drew roughly 300 onlookers who snapped pictures, heckled and took video of the chaos.
    Just before the police, ambulance and fire department came, the elderly vandal took all the cash in the till and threw it on top of the oven before setting fire to it.
    Female police officers tried to contain the naked woman by wrapping her in a blanket, but she slipped out of their grasp repeatedly before they were finally able to cuff and cover her.
    One onlooker said: 'No one could get close to her to grab the one inside because she was throwing glass bottles at everyone from the coolers in the Chinese restaurant dining room.
    'She was pretty strong too because she even broke away from the three police officers trying to restrain her.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1eBpX2FzW
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

Sounds like maybe she has some mental problems.

Anybody found the video on you tube yet? You know it will be there!
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Barrie Ontario, Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Sounds like maybe she has some mental problems.

Anybody found the video on you tube yet? You know it will be there!

It is there but I think you have to be a member to see it due to the content'

It is listed as

Nude woman ransacked the Dragon China restaurant in Brooklyn

Chewy, WTH? That is bizarre. Have you ever seen the woman?

O.K. Lord forgive me because obviously she has mental health problems, but they said she's "prawn crackers".

Sadly in a way I know how she feels. Sometimes ya just feel like disrobing in public, and heaving other people's food and lighting their loot on fire. Hopefully she will ge the help she needs.

My husband works two blocks away from this and I live down the street. It was very crazy. People say she wanders around the neighborhood talking to herself.

I thought she looked pretty good for a whacko 50 year old.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
    ― Eleanor Roosevelt

San Diego
    This is very sad, that this woman's breakdown happened so publicly. It's obvious she wasn't in her right mind.

For about 5 years my son had a woman who lived next door to him who was like this. As long as she took her meds, she was fine. But if she wasn't outside for awhile and suddenly began to appear, it meant she was off her meds and would eventually do something scary. Yes, she did talk to herself and argue with herself. The local fire and police all knew who she was and even the 911 operator knew her.

There were a number of incidents over the years. Some of the neighbors, including my son, had to get a restraining order against her and she was just next door.

Sure she seemed harmless, sometimes, but other times, she'd walk in people's homes, stand out front of their house at 2 a.m. and yell at the occupant. There were tons of other incidents but at the end, she's now in a hospital and her home is being sold. Well, it took them awhile to put it up for sale after they took her away, because she'd accidentally begun a fire in the kitchen and almost burned the whole house down.

It's unfortunate that this news agency chose to print photos of this woman's breakdown. She obviously wasn't aware of what she was doing.