Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
DLKelley.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/images/DLKelley.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1716dmor.html

Date Of Birth: June 5, 1959
Age at Time of Disappearance: 35 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 6'0"; 160 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White male. Dark brown hair; green eyes.
Clothing: Khaki shorts, green shirt, white Reebok's
Fingerprints: Available
Dentals: Not Available
DNA: Submitted

Circumstances of Disappearance
Danny Kelley was last seen in Gold Hill, OR on May 31, 1995.

Upset over a divorce, Kelley had come from Washington to stay with friends near Gold Hill.

His mother reported him missing after family members tried to pick him up and found him intoxicated and delusional.
He fled from his family and may have fallen or jumped into the Rogue River.

This is my dad and the reason I joined this site. Any info or advice on how to get some answers would be greatly appreciated.

I’m so very sorry, Shane. I can understand your need for answers. Do you or your family have any facts that weren’t mentioned in the information we have?

It says he came to Gold Hill to stay with friends after his divorce. But it seems that family had come to pick him up when they found him intoxicated and delusional. Do you know why they came pick him up? Had he called and asked to go back to WA? If so, why? Had there been a falling-out with his friends or other problems?

Danny did not fall or jump into the river. There has never been ANY remains found.

I assume the river was nearby where your Dad disappeared, but your family didn’t actually see him jump or fall into the river. Is that so? Did the sheriff’s department conduct a search of the river and the surrounding area, perhaps with boats and tracking dogs? Were homeless shelters or encampments visited in the area? Hospitals? What kinds of searching have you or your family done already in the past 23 plus years?

It’s wonderful that you haven’t given up on finding your Dad, Shane. He’d be very proud of you! But it’s only fair to tell you that sadly there are others who have disappeared near rivers and have never been found. It’s good that DNA was submitted so that a match can be made to unidentified remains (I see you’ve posted on several of those threads). That being said, here’s hoping your Dad isn’t one of them and is out there somewhere. It happens. All the best to you.

Nobody seen him fall or jump into the river. My grandmother searched high and low for Danny/Dad the first couple years. According to my grandmother the police never seemed to take a serious interest in the case since. As soon as she told the police that he seemed drunk or delusional their demeanor changed. Thanks for your kind words. The cold case unit for Jackson County is no longer active. The detective I talked to said that they haven’t been active in a long time. I fear that his case is lost or forgotten.

• kelley_danny.jpg
  • kelley_danny2.jpg
  • kelley_danny_tattoo.jpg
Kelley, circa 1995; Tattoo on Kelley's arm
  • Missing Since 05/31/1995
  • Missing From Gold Hill, Oregon
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 06/05/1959 (64)
  • Age 35 years old
  • Height and Weight 6'0, 160 pounds

• Clothing/Jewelry Description A green shirt, khaki shorts and white Reebok shoes.

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Dark brown hair, green eyes. Kelley has five or six tattoos, including a peacock on his left forearm, a moon and stars on one shoulder, a bolt of lightning on the other shoulder, and a small sunset on the side of his calf.

Details of Disappearance​

Kelley was last seen in Gold Hill, Oregon on May 31, 1995. He had moved from Washington State to Gold Hill after a divorce. His family members found him that day, delusional and apparently under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

He ran from them, down north River Road towards the Rogue River. He has never been heard from again. Kelley may have jumped or fallen into the river. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency​

• Jackson County Sheriff's Office 541-774-8333

Source Information​

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated August 29, 2019; picture added, distinguishing characteristics updated

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back