GUILTY AL - Michael Mitchell for child *advertiser censored*, Chickasaw, 2011

Missizzy

Reaction score
I was going to let this one go. We don't have a previous thread on this guy and he's not in the helping professions. After I read the article, I knew we needed a thread. The judge's comments about sentencing are interesting and the defense attorney's reasoning more than a bit skewed. The personal reference for this POSSESSOR OF CHILD *advertiser censored* is gob-smackingly shocking.

Stellar work history? Reminds me of the Mohler guys and how nice they kept their lawns or Kent Frandsen and how he said hi to the neighbors when he walked his dog.

Mitchell is sorry this all happened. What, getting caught?

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/11/chickasaw_man_gets_8_years_for.html

Chickasaw man gets 8 years for 'horrifying' pictures and videos of child *advertiser censored*
November 20, 2011

"A Chickasaw man caught with thousands of images of child *advertiser censored* on his home computer will go to prison for 8 years, a federal judge in Mobile ruled last week. Michael Elbert Mitchell faced a mandatory-minimum prison sentence of 5 years in prison for distribution of child *advertiser censored*. Advisory sentencing guidelines called for a prison term of at least 17½ years.
U.S. District Judge Kristi DuBose said she has struggled over what constitutes a fair sentence for child *advertiser censored*, one that addresses the seriousness of the offense but is not excessive. She said she has researched many child *advertiser censored* cases to get a sense of how federal judges treat the crime across the country...."

and

"...investigators found 219 videos on the defendant’s computer — including one showing the rape of a 6-year-old — and nearly 7,000 illicit pictures. Costello said Mitchell used a file-sharing program to trade images with users around the world. “The material itself is horrifying,” he [Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean Costello] said. “He was part of this market. ... There are thousands and thousands of children who were abused so that he could be entertained

and

"...Defense attorney Walter Honeycutt said extremely long prison sentences have not prevented others from downloading child *advertiser censored*. He compared it to the futility of crack cocaine sentences, which Congress recently moved to shorten. He agreed the pictures and videos on his client’s computer were bad, but added, “He didn’t make those images. He looked at them....”

and

"....Mitchell got a vote of support from TT, the general manager of L.A. Co., where the defendant has worked for 27 years. “He’s just had a stellar work history with us,” Tatum said. “He was a great employee....”

and

"....“I would never touch a child,” he [Mitchell] said. “I love children. I love laughter. I’m just sorry this all happened

more at link (plus "happy guy" mug shot)

Oh where to start?!? Responses in purple are mine.

I was going to let this one go. We don't have a previous thread on this guy and he's not in the helping professions. After I read the article, I knew we needed a thread. The judge's comments about sentencing are interesting and the defense attorney's reasoning more than a bit skewed. The personal reference for this POSSESSOR OF CHILD *advertiser censored* is gob-smackingly shocking.

Stellar work history? Reminds me of the Mohler guys and how nice they kept their lawns or Kent Frandsen and how he said hi to the neighbors when he walked his dog.

Mitchell is sorry this all happened. What, getting caught?

http://blog.al.com/live/2011/11/chickasaw_man_gets_8_years_for.html

Chickasaw man gets 8 years for 'horrifying' pictures and videos of child *advertiser censored*
November 20, 2011

"A Chickasaw man caught with thousands of images of child *advertiser censored* on his home computer will go to prison for 8 years, a federal judge in Mobile ruled last week. Michael Elbert Mitchell faced a mandatory-minimum prison sentence of 5 years in prison for distribution of child *advertiser censored*. Advisory sentencing guidelines called for a prison term of at least 17½ years.
U.S. District Judge Kristi DuBose said she has struggled over what constitutes a fair sentence for child *advertiser censored*, one that addresses the seriousness of the offense but is not excessive. She said she has researched many child *advertiser censored* cases to get a sense of how federal judges treat the crime across the country...."

8 years is better than nothing. But the 17 1/2 years sounds better. Better yet, what happened to one charge for each picture he had possession of? Then the judge could give a fair sentence of one year for each charge and make them consectutive. Then this guy would no longer be a child *advertiser censored* collector and would just be a lifer. Just like each of those kids are 'lifers' with their memories of childhood!

and

"...investigators found 219 videos on the defendant’s computer — including one showing the rape of a 6-year-old — and nearly 7,000 illicit pictures. Costello said Mitchell used a file-sharing program to trade images with users around the world. “The material itself is horrifying,” he [Assistant U.S. Attorney Sean Costello] said. “He was part of this market. ... There are thousands and thousands of children who were abused so that he could be entertained

and

"...Defense attorney Walter Honeycutt said extremely long prison sentences have not prevented others from downloading child *advertiser censored*. He compared it to the futility of crack cocaine sentences, which Congress recently moved to shorten. He agreed the pictures and videos on his client’s computer were bad, but added, “He didn’t make those images. He looked at them....”

Interesting logic. So since prison sentences haven't stopped people from murdering, we should just let murderers go? This guy is a DA alright. And I don't mean defense attorney. Dumb *advertiser censored**

and

"....Mitchell got a vote of support from TT, the general manager of L.A. Co., where the defendant has worked for 27 years. “He’s just had a stellar work history with us,” Tatum said. “He was a great employee....”

He may have been a good employee. He just had this pesky little problem with child *advertiser censored*........ I wonder if the company checked their computers?

and

"....“I would never touch a child,” he [Mitchell] said. “I love children. I love laughter. I’m just sorry this all happened

Sounds like the words of a true pedo. "I just love children. I would never hurt a child." "Yes the two year old (or 5 yo or fill in the blank) wanted me to rape them. It was true love."

"more at link (plus "happy guy" mug shot)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back