Thread #7

Thread #8

Thread #9

Thread #10
Thread #11

We still do not have a POI or suspect so the following warning still stands:

THIS IS THE LAST WARNING!!!!!

LAY OFF THIS FAMILY!
Mental illness does NOT automatically translate into violence. The mom has made no public appearances so speculating about her intelligence, mental capacity, etc. is totally off the wall. You cannot speculate about their involvement outside of the facts given.

WS VICTIM FRIENDLY POLICY - Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior,good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way and ONLY IF IT IS RELEVANT TO THE CASE. Additionally,sleuthing family members that are not suspected of being involved in the crime or disappearance is not allowed. Don't make random accusations or post personal information (even if it is public) like parking tickets, address, or first and last names of all their relatives and their neighbors. Also, never "bash" or attack them, or accuse them of involvement. However that does not mean that family members cannot come into discussion as the facts and issues of the case are discussed.
Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Give it a rest until LE gives us something.

Also, please stop bickering over the teeth and home issue.

Any more violations and TO's will be recommended.

Let's stick to the facts that we know and develop our theories around those. We should be getting more information soon.

Please do NOT post rumors from Facebook or anywhere else.

Chris_Texas posted at tail of thread just closed:

“Opinion Obviously: From the beginning this case was always going to be very tricky because the pool of potential suspects was so large. As the number of potential suspects grows, the better the evidence needs to be tying one of those people directly to the crime. In this case this pool of people with access to Celina is HUGE, and includes not just members of the immediate and extended family, but any former resident who shared the home with them, and even the many party friends who reportedly hung out there.

<BBM & snipped for focus>.

....................................................................................................................................................................
Chris_Texas (and others?)

Not disagreeing w. your post but seeking clarification from you and/or others.
My question is probably more directed to homicide cases generally, than to this case specifically.

Is suspect pool wider because it includes &#8220;party friends&#8221; in the home regularly (reportedly) as opposed to, say,
a Great Books or Bible Study group assembling there (hypothetically) three times weekly?

Thanking you for all your posts w. insightful comments.

Chris_Texas (and others?)

Not disagreeing w. your post but seeking clarification from you and/or others.
My question is probably more directed to homicide cases generally, than to this case specifically.

Is suspect pool wider because it includes “party friends” in the home regularly (reportedly) as opposed to, say,
a Great Books or Bible Study group assembling there (hypothetically) three times weekly?

Thanking you for your all posts w. insightful comments.

MMO:

Not in an objective sense. People in general like to make subjective distinctions, they might see a difference between people who gather somewhere to party versus people who gather to pray -- in this case allowing their personal biases to influence their judgement. We see this all the time, and these subjective (and when possible objective) value judgements are a normal and rational aspect of human intelligence.

Law Enforcement does not have this luxury. They cannot say (for example) "Oh, well, it couldn't be Casey Anthony. She's a woman, and a mom. It must be someone else!"

Any competent defense will demand that the prosecution answer a couple simple and obvious question: What happened, why did it happen, and what makes you so sure it was the defendant and not someone else?

In the Casey Anthony trial (and I am using this because so many are familiar with it) the prosecution tried their best to establishing what happened (mom killed her with Chloroform), why it happened (she wanted to party), and that no one BUT Casey could or would have done these things. None the less, the defense was able to plant a seed of doubt in some juror's minds -- apparently some felt it questionable that Caylee had died in the way they described, that perhaps she was not murdered at all, or that it was possible that someone else (Caylee's father, for example) might have done it.

In any case the jury had questions. We might not have, but they did.

In Celina's case we have a huge pool of potential suspects, and all of them look really good. We have the mentally ill step dad, the ex-felon house guest, mom, aunt, all the other people who lived in the rental unit while they did, and the many people who apparently came by regularly just to party. We can also add to this any potential boyfriends or admirers of Celina and what not.

We are talking about a cast of characters that would make Cecil B. DeMille jealous. The police have to answer the questions I posed above: What did he or she do top Celina, why did they do it to her, and what makes them so sure it was this person and not one of the fifty or so people with unrestricted access to this poor girl.

Obviously it's tough. And the police have to be careful. First, because they have to go after the correct person or justice is not served, and second because they only get one shot at winning a conviction.

Hopefully this answers your question.

MMO, etc.

Do we know yet who the third person was on the porch with WN and CH? Might have missed that...

Celina - still thinking of you every day ... you aren't forgotten

Any word yet if WN moved and where he moved?

Black Friday will mark the fourth month since Celina disappeared.....

Happy Thanksgiving to all who read this post.

Thinking of you Celina :rose:
Hope you get justice soon...

Checking in on Celina - you are not being forgotten.

Celina is in my thought's every single day. There is nothing more precious or valuable as a child.

Still hoping for answers and justice for Celina and her family.

Thinking of you tonight Celina :rose:
I wonder what you would have wanted for Christmas this year?

Thinking of you Celina :rose:
Hoping for some kind of justice for your untimely death.
If not in this world, I know there will be some in the next....

Thinking of you tonight Celina :rose:
I wonder what you would have wanted for Christmas this year?

I thought of her the other day. Saw some peace sign stuff and remembered reading that she was excited to get a peace sign bed set last year.

I really thought there would be some news by now. I check here and on the people in her town's facebook pages to see if anything has come up, and I have a google alert set up. It's not that I'm obsessed with true crimes or anything; I just live in a rural county of Mass due south of the VT/NH border, my kid played basketball at her age, and I really feel for her sister and mom.

So, I hope this is kept in the forefront here.

Checking in on Celina again... Could find no news online. We are still thinking of you here though! :rose:

I would dearly love to see someone in the media, or really anyone who cares about Celina and this case, sue the AG's office and force them to release the coroner's report and tox results. Something needs to happen to shake this case up a bit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back