Identified! TX - Houston, WhtFem 822UFTX, 35-45, burned in MVA, Oct'99 - Gina Holley

Billylee

Reaction score
There's not much to go on because apparently this body was burned. I'm assuming that MVA victim means motor vehicle accident as cause of death? Both are TX and the age is right and the tattoo of a unicorn on the left chest is a match. Does anyone know if this has already been submitted as a possible match for Camora? The UID lists a tatoo on left ankle also, but Camora's missing page says she had a "scar" on left ankle. If the body was that badly burned, I suppose that could have been an assumption/mistake.
whatchyaall think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/750dftx.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/3528

The height matches, and the weight is reasonably close.

Although there is a nine-year lag between Camora's disappearance and the UID's death, there is nothing in the circumstances of disappearance to raise doubt (such as evidence of murder at time of disappearance) Add nine years to her age at disappearance, and that puts her in the UID's age range.

She could have gotten another tattoo on her ankle in the nine years she was missing, but it also says that her name "Cammi"(or "Cammy" per Charley Project) is tattooed on her shoulder along with the unicorn (which is not mentioned in NamUs). Also, unicorn tattoos are somewhat common.

All in all, I would say it is doubtful, but JMHO. Don't let me dissuade you from pursuing it further if you think it is worth pursuing.

The height matches, and the weight is reasonably close.

Although there is a nine-year lag between Camora's disappearance and the UID's death, there is nothing in the circumstances of disappearance to raise doubt (such as evidence of murder at time of disappearance) Add nine years to her age at disappearance, and that puts her in the UID's age range.

She could have gotten another tattoo on her ankle in the nine years she was missing, but it also says that her name "Cammi"(or "Cammy" per Charley Project) is tattooed on her shoulder along with the unicorn (which is not mentioned in NamUs). Also, unicorn tattoos are somewhat common.

All in all, I would say it is doubtful, but JMHO. Don't let me dissuade you from pursuing it further if you think it is worth pursuing.

BBM Yeah, but the "Cammi" was on the right shoulder, I'm guessing that side of the body was apparently very badly burned, they couldn't even tell hair color or eyes or anything. It sounds to me like maybe the left side of her might have been all that had anything identifiable. I think I'll contact the Namus case worker and just give them a heads up, just in case. Will let everyone know if I hear anything back. Someone's missing Cammi! :(

I think the unicorn on the left chest makes it possible, and I don't see anything obvious to rule it out. Go for it.

I think you should turn it in too... they haven't found a match in this long..looks like alot of the characterisitics match up. If this is Cammi, wonder where she was all the years that she was missing??

It isn't Camora, Namus was able to compare DNA. Here's the response:

Thank you for providing the information on Camora Grimes. I looked into the cases and was able to exclude Camora through a direct comparison of DNA profiles. Please let us know if you come up with anything else.

Thank you,

Sharon

Posted this rule out to the ruled out thread.

Darn, it was so close!

This case was updated in the Doe Network, 11/20/2011
822UFTX, formerly Hot Case 105:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/822uftx.html

NAMUS link:

NAMUS rule outs:
Camora Grimes, FL
Wandolyn Holland, TX

Full mtDNA and STR are now in CODIS

Unidentified White Female

•The victim was discovered on October 26, 1999 in Houston, Harris County, Texas
•Cause of Death: Thermal (fire) trauma

Vital Statistics

•Estimated age: 35-45 years old
•Approximate Height and Weight: 4'6"; 90 lbs
•Tattoos: Tattoo of mushroom, bird and rabbit on the inside of the left ankle; unicorn tattoo on upper left chest.
•Clothing: Dark navy blue and white striped tennis shoes, size 7.
•Fingerprints: Not Available
•Dentals: Available
•DNA: Available
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Case History
The victim was located at 3100 South Loop in Houston, Texas on October 26, 1999.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Harris County Medical Examiner
713-796-9292 (HCME)
Or
Houston Police Department
713-884-3131 (HPD)

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Number:
ME - # 99-2880 [39/173]
HPD - 137894399C

NCIC Number:
U-490003931
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/822uftx.html

4'6" (also seen 55" or 4'7" as an estimate) is very small - could this be a reduction in size because of the fire?

Lori-Ann Murchison Dunbar is the best match on the tattoos, but age is low (although a DoB of 1944-54 seems quite old for the tattoo designs, maybe an aging hippy but still)..., location is middling, but she had been missing for a long time and the circumstances are weak.

Last night I was trying to find a match for the Jane Doe who was hit by a car near a rest area in Hancock County, Mississippi, and I came across missing person Jerri Denise Cox. She doesn't match the Mississippi case, but she might be a match for the UID in this thread. Since I opened it just last week, the unicorn tattoo was fresh in my memory and caught my eye right away.

JeDCox.jpg

Jerri Denise Cox, a 39 yo WF disappeared from Orange County, TX in December, 1997. She was reported missing in February, 1998.

DOB: 12/10/1957
Height and Weight: 5'1 and 95 lbs
Hair color: Brown Eye color: Blue
She wears eyeglasses and dentures, and both ears are pierced.
She also has tattoos, a unicorn on her upper left chest, and a lightning bolt on her upper right arm.

This is all the information I've found on her so far.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1840dftx.html
http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpdetails.asp?id=%27M10/11/20014:36:00PM%27

Age and weight are a match, but the height is off 4-6 inches. Jane Doe 822UFTX is listed as 4'7" in NamUs and 4'5"-4'10" in the Doe Network.

Jane Doe's body was badly burned, so eye and hair color could not be determined.

Jane Doe had a tattoo of a unicorn on her upper left chest.
Cox has a unicorn tattoo on her left shoulder. Depending on the size of the unicorn and how high it was placed, upper left chest and left shoulder could have the same meaning to the person who submitted Cox's description to LE when she went missing.

Jane Doe had other tattoos on her left inner leg or ankle. Cox did not at the time she went missing. The traffic accident in which Jane Doe died occurred almost two years later. So if it was Cox, she could have obtained them in the interim.

Cox has a tattoo of a lightning bolt on her right arm. No tattoos are listed for Jane Doe on the right side of her body, only the left. I think that's a little unusual, but I could be wrong. Is it common to have multiple tattoos that are uniltateral? I wonder if the right side of her body was more badly charred than the left so that tattoos she might've had were destroyed and/or indiscernable.

Orange County is approximately 110 miles from the site of the accident in Houston's South Loop.

With so little known about either, I'm left with a lot of "maybe's
and "could have's". I do think there are enough similarities to at least consider Cox as a match. What do the rest of you think?

You have two women in Texas, one missing, one unidentified, both of very small stature with unicorns on their left upper quadrant. There are enough question marks, and it's frustrating we don't have any dental info on the UID, but I would think it's worth a look.

It is frustrating, Irish Eyes. The Doe's DNA profile is in CODIS now, but Jerri's not in NamUs, and I have the feeling it's been a long time since her case was updated. If she wasn't reported missing for two months, I doubt anyone is making an effort to find her now. :(

Since I couldn't find any reason to rule her out, I sent Jerri Cox's information to case manager, Jennifer Love.

I received a response from a Harris County forensic anthropologist.

[FONT=&quot]Sorry for the delay in response, but I am still trying to acquire information regarding the missing person. NamUs states that there is no DNA available for the MP and I am checking to see if any samples were collected from her family. I will keep you posted about the progress.

So Jerry Cox is still a possibility.

[/FONT]

I received another response from Harris County forensic anthropologist, Dr. Deborrah Pinto. She was unable to make a conclusive determination about Jerry Cox. For one thing, Cox's family has not submitted DNA reference samples.

There is also some question about teeth. Cox's MPR states that she wore dentures, but doesn't specify whether they were partial or full dentures. Pinto writes that the decedent had "at least one tooth". If "dentures" means full dentures in Cox's case, meaning she had no teeth, then she would be a rule out. But right now there's no way to be 100% certain, and Cox will not be entered as a rule out in NamUs.

This case, like so many others, gives me a real appreciation for the importance of adequacy and accuracy of details in missing persons reports. One word can make a difference.

Bessie, the Namus link for the UID is not accessible. can you find out if she was identified?

The Spanish version of Namus says identified as Gina Holley by mtDNA and nucDNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back