Dina Michele Shoemake
Missing from Latexo, TX since January 19, 2000

Doe Network 3106 DFTX
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3106dftx.html

NAMUS MP #986
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/986/11/

Age 32
5"4-5'5 130-140 lbs
Curly brown hair, green eyes, tattoo of a unicorn with a rainbow over it on her right leg.
Double pierced ears

Nickname, Sissy

Last seen at her ex-husband's home where she was visiting her children.
Might have been riding in a dark green Chevrolet with an unknown driver.

When last seen she was wearing a blue v-neck t-shirt, Rocky Mountain blue jeans, blue knee high riding boots, black belt with silver conchos.

No DNA, dentals or fingerprints available at this time.

http://www.lbth.org/ncma/gallery/ncmaprofile_all.php?A200503371S

http://houstoncountylife.com/magazineWP/?p=561

My husband and I moved to the Latexo area a few years ago. I printed out this article for him: http://www.ktre.com/story/14714954/...ng-reward-on-11-year-old-missing-persons-case and had him take it to work to see if anybody there knew anything about Dina. Lots of gossip in small towns. He works with a guy who has lived in Latexo for years. He did not know her ex. DH's friend said all he heard that she was thrown down a well. Latexo has a population of only 300 or so, so I was hoping more people would come forward with tips to give to Houston County Crimestoppers.

This is a very sad case. I know one of her sons. Always such a sadness about him. I don't know how many children she had. She would be a grandmother now.

I heard through the grapevine that she was buried in the Davy Crockett National Forrest. I know that doesn't narrow the areas to be searched down any. I do believe there are people who do know where her remains might be located. This would be an excellent case for Cold Justice because I do believe POI talked and made comments that could be used against him in Dina's case. It might be difficult getting people to talk about what POI has said because he is still alive and I'm sure people who know are scared of him. It would be wonderful if she could be brought home and buried in a proper burial. It is awful to let children believe their own mother abandoned them.

OK, now I am getting scared! Was there an official POI named? So sad about her son. I have read other cases where a mother was murdered and the child or children were told that their mother had abandoned them only to find out later that she was murdered.

I used to photograph gravesites for Find A Grave. I drove down a lot of lonely roads getting to some of those cemeteries and, because I am rather strange, I would look into the woods and think that a body could be buried in the forest and nobody would ever find it.

OK, now I am getting scared! Was there an official POI named? So sad about her son. I have read other cases where a mother was murdered and the child or children were told that their mother had abandoned them only to find out later that she was murdered.

I used to photograph gravesites for Find A Grave. I drove down a lot of lonely roads getting to some of those cemeteries and, because I am rather strange, I would look into the woods and think that a body could be buried in the forest and nobody would ever find it.

Fascinating job there! Oh my goodness! There is a very old graveyard that a friend of mine is trying to preserve. It is a former graveyard for slaves. She's trying to get a monument for the site.

As far as I recall, there was never an official POI named in Dina's case. The ex has always been the suspect, but because a body has never been recovered he was never charged. Apparently due to her never settling down at one place very long and the story that she just left and never returned plus no body put LE in the situation of not being able to charge the ex formally. Not enough evidence to present to the Grand Jury. I know he was questioned multiple times and I heard they dug up a lot of places looking for her, but to no avail.

<modsnip - inside info without verification>

I'll try asking my husband some questions w/o raising his suspicion too much more about location. He thinks I watch too many Snapped episodes and Investigation Discovery. I would love for this lady's remains to be recovered and she be given a proper resting place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bootsctr
I wanted to let you know I am Dina's younger brother, Feel free to give me any information you have I live near Willis Texas and will not give any of you information or were I obtained the information out.

Arrest made in 18-year-old Houston County cold-case murder

CROCKETT, TX (KTRE) - An arrest has been made in connection with the death of a 32-year-old woman reported missing in 2000 in Houston County.

Houston County Jail records show Curtis Allen Shoemake, 60, is charged with first-degree murder. Shoemake is the ex-husband of Dina Shoemake, who was reported missing by her boyfriend in 2000.

Sheriff Darrel Bobbitt said a grand jury indicted Shoemake on Tuesday and deputies then arrested him on the warrant.

[...]

Bobbitt said Shoemake has been a main suspect since the disappearance and this was a matter of gathering enough evidence.

http://m.kltv.com/kltv/db_330566/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=GCv8XlWp

Dear Websleuths Members,

WE ARE MOVING!

If you have ever used the blogs on Websleuths and you want to keep what you wrote you will need to copy your blog posts ASAP. When we move to our new software the blog posts will not transfer over. I'm very sorry but there is nothing we can do. We tried but alas, you will lose your blog posts if you do not save them before we move.

Monday, May 21[SUP]st[/SUP] at around 7:00 AM Eastern Websleuths will go down for hopefully no more than 48 hours. When we come back up, Websleuths will have a brand new look!

You can discuss the move RIGHT HERE if you like.

While we are down please check the Websleuths FACEBOOK PAGE and TWITTER ACCOUNT FOR UPDATES ON THE MOVE AND INFO ON THE LATEST BREAKING TRUE CRIME.

Thank you,
Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashley_erin