Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Please continue discussion here on the Penn State / Sandusky / Second Mile case.

Links of interest:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153837"]Thread #1[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154517"]Thread #2[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154869"]Thread #3[/ame]

Timeline: Sandusky's double life - in public, a saint; in private, an alleged monster (citizensvoice.com)

Grand jury presentment (.pdf)

Who knew what about Jerry Sandusky? There were many missed chances to investigate as early as 1995 (pennlive.com)

Also of interest: the case involving the disappearance
of former Centre County DA Ray Gricar is here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154352"]PA - Ray Gricar, 59, Bellefonte, 15 April 2005 - #7[/ame]

Penn State names former FBI director Louis Freeh to investigate sex abuse scandal (pennlive.com)
PHILADELPHIA -- Penn State University has named former FBI director Louis Freeh as part of investigative panel examining sex abuse scandal.

Freeh served as FBI director from September 1993 to June 2001.

The special Penn State investigative committee formed in the wake of child sex abuse allegations against former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky announced Freeh's position on the panel at a press conference in Philadelphia this morning.
---
a bit more at link above

Freeh appears not to have attended Penn State (he's a Rutgers man) so perhaps this is a step in the right direction.

Louis Freeh (Wiki)

Here's one I posted overnight on the other thread. It just burns me up that this man was living so close to a school in a neighborhood full of children. This article mentions the schoolbus stop was near his house!!! :furious:

An aerial map of the neighborhood went viral last week when people realized Sandusky’s backyard was adjacent to a playground and within walking distance from an elementary school.

(snip)

Sandusky being free has caused his neighbors to feel like they are the ones locked up in a jail.

“You would think the chain of command of people going into hiding might be the reverse of what we’re seeing,” Thompson said. “The person who’s been accused is Jerry Sandusky. The ground zero of this story is Jerry Sandusky, so that does seem very strange.”

And in a quiet neighborhood, where most of the residents are elderly and there are seldom antics, the last 16 days have been difficult.

“He’s been out and about,” Strauss said. “I can’t get away from it. That’s the hardest part. We walk across that lawn to get to the [school] bus.”

More at Link

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/post_289.html

Sandusky, like other fixated pedophiles, spent his entire life from puberty forward convincing others that he was not a pervert, but rather, a wonderful man who loved to help children. That is why he (and other pedos) join organizations and enter careers that are viewed by other adults as helping children. Their career or volunteer position gives them access to children and equally important, it gives them protection against suspicion. Few adults want to feel suspicion about that "great guy" who donates so much of his time/money to help children.

If you will recall the horror of the Boy Scout scandal and the pedophile priests scandal, most of the parents couldn’t imagine that their son’s Boy Scout leader or priest was a pedophile because he was such a "great guy". They (the parents) didn’t experience sexual attraction to children and therefore, they couldn’t imagine "that great guy" would have these disturbing desires. They also had no knowledge base about pedophiles to make them suspicious of "that great guy" because pedophilia is (blessedly) a rare disorder. (Up until the 1950s, pedophilia wasn’t even discussed as a disorder among American psychiatrists. Pedophilia only became a household word in the USA a little over a decade ago.) These parents were duped by the scamming pedophiles and the same will eventually be found with most of the board members at Second Mile (but absolutely NOT the practicing psychologist, Raykovitz, who had the knowledge to recognize a pedophile's behavioral patterns). Sandusky was also a professional adult scammer in addition to being a pedophile.

Pedophiles do not usually seek help voluntarily to stop their behaviors. Instead, they use their previous experiences to become more adept at grooming victims and scamming adults who would block their access to children.

Pensfan
______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

ThoughtFox.. He still IS....JMHO
IIRC, in the article that I posted last night which discussed how Sandusky moved his parents from Washington County, Pa to State College, he also moved his elderly parents right behind an elementary school. (They are now deceased.)

I was hoping the new judge assigned to the case would have moved up his court date by now..IMHO.. He shouldn't be allowed the freedom to roam the streets or take a vacation before his court date on December 7th..JMHO

Pensfan...this has to be hard for you :grouphug:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.

Sandusky, like other fixated pedophiles, spent his entire life from puberty forward convincing others that he was not a pervert, but rather, a wonderful man who loved to help children. That is why he (and other pedos) join organizations and enter careers that are viewed by other adults as helping children. Their career or volunteer position gives them access to children and equally important, it gives them protection against suspicion. Few adults want to feel suspicion about that "great guy" who donates so much of his time/money to help children.

If you will recall the horror of the Boy Scout scandal and the pedophile priests scandal, most of the parents couldn’t imagine that their son’s Boy Scout leader or priest was a pedophile because he was such a "great guy". They (the parents) didn’t experience sexual attraction to children and therefore, they couldn’t imagine "that great guy" would have these disturbing desires. They also had no knowledge base about pedophiles to make them suspicious of "that great guy" because pedophilia is (blessedly) a rare disorder. (Up until the 1950s, pedophilia wasn’t even discussed as a disorder among American psychiatrists. Pedophilia only became a household word in the USA a little over a decade ago.) These parents were duped by the scamming pedophiles and the same will eventually be found with most of the board members at Second Mile (but absolutely NOT the practicing psychologist, Raykovitz, who had the knowledge to recognize a pedophile's behavioral patterns). Sandusky was also a professional adult scammer in addition to being a pedophile.

Pedophiles do not usually seek help voluntarily to stop their behaviors. Instead, they use their previous experiences to become more adept at grooming victims and scamming adults who would block their access to children.

Pensfan
______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

In a way, you can say that pedophiles are con artists because they use deception, ala Bernie Madoff. The sad fact is that they like to think they are virtuous and religious in nature.

Looks like at this point, Jerry Sandusky is the most hated person along side with Casey Anthony, Osama bin Laden, Fred Phelps, and Lori Drew. In the end, Sandusky is just like them.

In 2010, the Boy Scouts implemented Youth Protection in Scouting. This program is mandated every two years. The parents, boy scouts, and leaders are required to be educated about pedophiles, follow the directives, and a criminal records check occurs on all adult volunteers.
http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/HealthandSafety/GSS/gss01.aspx

The Catholic Church instituted a similar program. By 2008, the U.S. church had "trained 5.8 million children to recognize and report abuse. It had run criminal checks on 1.53 million volunteers and employees, 162,700 educators, 51,000 clerics and 4,955 candidates for ordination. It had trained 1.8 million clergy, employees and volunteers in creating a safe environment for children."
Catholic sex abuse cases - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was required to attend this program and get a criminal background check to become a volunteer for my kids' Catholic school over a decade ago. At this time, the Catholic Church's anti-pedophile program was about 4 hours long and was brutally honest about pedophiles. The youth also attend programs related to "safe touch" and reporting inappropriate adult behavior.

Organizations that work with children must implement similar programs. Educating as many as possible is the only effective method to expose pedophiles and block pedophiles from gaining access to children.

Pensfan...this has to be hard for you :grouphug:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy using Tapatalk.
Thank you for the hug. :)

Pensfan = Pittsburgh Penguins hockey fan (Pens is a nickname lovingly used for the Penguins not Penn State. BTW SIDNEY CROSBY RETURNS TONIGHT!
He had two terrible concussions and it was unknown if he was going to recover for a long time. It is a happy day that he is not only going to be ok, but he can continue his lifelong desire to play hockey.

Meanwhile, Penn State police have referred a report of an indecent assault at an outdoor swimming pool building to the attorney general’s office.

A police log noted the report referred to an incident that occurred sometime between June 1, 2000, and Aug. 30, 2000. The report was made to campus police Wednesday and was noted on Thursday’s police log.

When asked if the report was related to allegations against Sandusky, Penn State Police Chief Tyrone Parham said Monday: “We can never describe anything related to a victim or suspect.”

State open records laws do not require Penn State to release the full police report. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...als-office/2011/11/20/gIQAVb91fN_story_1.html Can't even tell a suspects name? Of course you could if you wanted to protect the students. But you chose not to.

I was required to attend this program and get a criminal background check to become a volunteer for my kids' Catholic school over a decade ago. At this time, the Catholic Church's anti-pedophile program was about 4 hours long and was brutally honest about pedophiles. The youth also attend programs related to "safe touch" and reporting inappropriate adult behavior.

Organizations that work with children must implement similar programs. Educating as many as possible is the only effective method to expose pedophiles and block pedophiles from gaining access to children.

My kids had lectures about appropriate and inappropriate touching even in Kindergarten in our public schools. I thought that had become the norm in most of the country, which is why I am still surprised that so many people never even suspected Sandusky.

I read some of his book last night on Amazon. He can barely go a paragraph without mentioning his love of boys, and even when he praises adults it is almost always because they interact with boys. You would almost think that girls didn't exist in his world, and there is nearly nothing about his wife or daughter from what I saw.

Also, he writes about boys he didn't like or who did things that made him angry in a very vague way. In hindsight that might be some kind of payback for people who wouldn't cooperate with him.

I think societal awareness needs to reach back to adults, as well as educating the children. The failure here was in Sandusky's peers, who all worked, directly or indirectly, with children or for the benefit of children.

We live in an era of enlightenment, and hopefully as we all march toward the future our tendency to trust and proffer polite benefits of doubt will give way to active deterrence. As with all evil, it doesn't thrive in the light. moo

moo

I hope the former FBI director hired by Penn State to investigate brings in a large team just to investigate Dr. Raykovitz, the practicing child psychologist and CEO of Second Mile for 28 years. What made this practicing child psychologist not suspect his friend Sandusky of being a pedophile?

"Dr. Raykovitz is a licensed psychologist and certified school psychologist. He received his Ph.D. in school psychology from the Pennsylvania State University in 1985. As President and CEO of The Second Mile, Dr. Raykovitz oversees the operations of a state-wide non-profit community organization devoted to serving at-risk children and youth. Dr. Raykovitz maintained a part-time private practice at XXXXXX, providing individual and family therapy to children, adolescents, and parents. His specialties included adolescent development and school adjustment issues."
http://www.midstep.com/raykovitz/

I have no idea how many of The Second Mile’s officials and board members knew about this animal, but I can see no way that there wasn’t wide spread awareness of his actions within that organization.

In 1998, as counsel to Penn State and Second Mile, Wendell Courtney had a fiduciary responsibility not only to inform both organizations about the allegations, but also to ensure high-ranking officials and board members of their rights, responsibilities and liability exposure. If Second Mile's claim is to be believed –– that they were not aware that Sandusky may have been sexually inappropriate with children until 2008 –– then we have to assume that Wendell Courtney completely abandoned his legal and ethical responsibilities as an attorney.
It makes far more sense to believe that they all knew more than they have admitted.

Maybe the answer to some of this craziness can be found in the money trail between Penn State and Second Mile. An awful lot of cash went back and forth during the time that children were reported to be victimized and nobody was making reports to outside law enforcement officials.

http://www.tauntongazette.com/archi...t-did-Second-Mile-know-and-when#ixzz1eNRf0JwX

The interim chief executive of TSM, David Woodle, certainly wasn’t a fountain of information, recently, when asked about TSM’s knowledge and response regarding Sandusky’s acts:

Woodle declined to answer questions about what, if anything, was done................

Nor would he say if the charity took steps to limit or monitor Sandusky’s interactions with the program’s youths...............

While declining to go into detail about complaints the charity has received...............

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/19/sports/ncaafootball/charity-founded-by-sandusky-plans-to-fold.html

Why all the shuck and jive? Why not simply answer the questions?

It’s a damn shame that GREED seems to be a determining factor of why these children’s horror was allowed to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital