869 users online (115 members and 754 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post MSM Coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/21/11

Hey all. Please post all MSM media articles and coverage in this thread. No discussion. Please branch out in specific threads to discuss specific topics. Praying that Baby Lisa is found alive, safe and unharmed.

He acknowledged discussing the possibility the Irwin neighborhood handyman named Jersey could be involved.

"I told someone, I was like (expletive), Jersey was the kind of person where you could say here, here’s $300, take care of this baby, and he would have done it," he said. "That’s all I’ve said. I haven’t seen Jersey since weeks before all this happened actually."
    Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...#ixzz1eMPqqa9Y

A teen located by the NBC Action News Investigators denies ever saying a neighborhood handyman "bragged" about a $300 payday for kidnapping Baby Lisa Irwin.

"No," said the teen. "I haven’t seen him since like September 11 th.
    Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nationa...#ixzz1eMQBaPWx

This debunked triple hearsay and the interview with male teen (source) was covered and put to rest on Saturday. Why is a debunked rumor being rehashed by media again today? Weird. Wish we'd hear something relevant and new.
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

Baby Lisa: Recap of the past seven weeks (Isabelle Zehnder reporting)

There isn't any new news in this article. It is basically the complete case history, as we know it, up to the present date.

Quote Originally Posted by yllek View Post
    This debunked triple hearsay and the interview with male teen (source) was covered and put to rest on Saturday. Why is a debunked rumor being rehashed by media again today? Weird. Wish we'd hear something relevant and new.
    I think this is just a case of non-local news just now covering what happened over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by In da Middle View Post
    I think this is just a case of non-local news just now covering what happened over the weekend.
    I'm sure you're right. I just really want to hear something new and helpful in finding Lisa! It's been six weeks since she went missing; where is she? Oh well, the day is young...
    My opinions only, with respect to all those whose opinions differ

Fox N
    MKelly

MKelly just interviewed (via phone) Tom Slovenski, Mobile Forensic Examiner.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/thomas-slovenski/6/1a7/710

I missed it, but perhaps Fox will post video clip soon.

Megyn Kelly has Tom Slovenski, forensic cell phone expert, on the show. He says if DB made 11:57 call on restricted service, it could have (1) gone to payment center or (2) actually gone through (says there are times a call can slip through before the cut-off order catches up to it).

Slovenski says there's always a record of a call, even with prepaid phones, and that once the service cut-off has gone into effect, no amount of pushing buttons (e.g., *82) will get you anywhere. Once it's out, it's out.

Oh, and he said that if the phone pings show it didn't go beyond 1/3-1/5 a mile, it means...wait for it...the phones didn't go beyond that distance.

In other words, pretty useless segment.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake." - Marie Beynon Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    Megyn Kelly has Tom Slovenski, forensic cell phone expert, on the show. He says if DB made 11:57 call on restricted service, it could have (1) gone to payment center or (2) actually gone through (says there are times a call can slip through before the cut-off order catches up to it).

Slovenski says there's always a record of a call, even with prepaid phones, and that once the service cut-off has gone into effect, no amount of pushing buttons (e.g., *82) will get you anywhere. Once it's out, it's out.

Oh, and he said that if the phone pings show it didn't go beyond 1/3-1/5 a mile, it means...wait for it...the phones didn't go beyond that distance.

In other words, pretty useless segment.
    Any segment that will keep attention and pressure on those involved is good "news" to me. The minute the news stops and the pressure is off then the perps are off scott free.

Quote Originally Posted by yllek View Post
    I only read about this over the weekend and did not know it had been debunked. Where was that posted so I can read up on it? tia
    My prayers are for the innocent.

Dallas Cowboys!!!!
    Texas Rangers!!!!

The proximity of the pinging so close to or at the Irwin home makes it unlikely, IMO, that a kidnapper or a cell phone thief was using DB's cell phone at that time. Picerno knows this isn't favorable to his clients, and that's why he made himself available to dispense hearsay when he did.

Quote Originally Posted by mck16 View Post
    I only read about this over the weekend and did not know it had been debunked. Where was that posted so I can read up on it? tia
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    Any segment that will keep attention and pressure on those involved is good "news" to me. The minute the news stops and the pressure is off then the perps are off scott free.
    You're right, of course, Elley - anything that keeps Lisa front and center is appreciated. Sorry if it came across that I thought otherwise; was just disappointed there wasn't anything new in the way of info.

"We have only this moment, sparkling like a star in our hand...and melting like a snowflake." - Marie Beynon Ray

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast