MSM Coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/21/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

matou

#los2188
Reaction score
Hey all. Please post all MSM media articles and coverage in this thread. No discussion. Please branch out in specific threads to discuss specific topics. Praying that Baby Lisa is found alive, safe and unharmed.

He acknowledged discussing the possibility the Irwin neighborhood handyman named Jersey could be involved.

"I told someone, I was like (expletive), Jersey was the kind of person where you could say here, here’s $300, take care of this baby, and he would have done it," he said. "That’s all I’ve said. I haven’t seen Jersey since weeks before all this happened actually."

Read more: http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...cated-handyman-in-disappearance#ixzz1eMPqqa9Y

This debunked triple hearsay and the interview with male teen (source) was covered and put to rest on Saturday. Why is a debunked rumor being rehashed by media again today? Weird. Wish we'd hear something relevant and new.

This debunked triple hearsay and the interview with male teen (source) was covered and put to rest on Saturday. Why is a debunked rumor being rehashed by media again today? Weird. Wish we'd hear something relevant and new.
I think this is just a case of non-local news just now covering what happened over the weekend.

I think this is just a case of non-local news just now covering what happened over the weekend.

I'm sure you're right. I just really want to hear something new and helpful in finding Lisa! It's been six weeks since she went missing; where is she? Oh well, the day is young...

Megyn Kelly has Tom Slovenski, forensic cell phone expert, on the show. He says if DB made 11:57 call on restricted service, it could have (1) gone to payment center or (2) actually gone through (says there are times a call can slip through before the cut-off order catches up to it).

Slovenski says there's always a record of a call, even with prepaid phones, and that once the service cut-off has gone into effect, no amount of pushing buttons (e.g., *82) will get you anywhere. Once it's out, it's out.

Oh, and he said that if the phone pings show it didn't go beyond 1/3-1/5 a mile, it means...wait for it...the phones didn't go beyond that distance.

In other words, pretty useless segment.

Megyn Kelly has Tom Slovenski, forensic cell phone expert, on the show. He says if DB made 11:57 call on restricted service, it could have (1) gone to payment center or (2) actually gone through (says there are times a call can slip through before the cut-off order catches up to it).

Slovenski says there's always a record of a call, even with prepaid phones, and that once the service cut-off has gone into effect, no amount of pushing buttons (e.g., *82) will get you anywhere. Once it's out, it's out.

Oh, and he said that if the phone pings show it didn't go beyond 1/3-1/5 a mile, it means...wait for it...the phones didn't go beyond that distance.

In other words, pretty useless segment.

Any segment that will keep attention and pressure on those involved is good "news" to me. The minute the news stops and the pressure is off then the perps are off scott free.

I only read about this over the weekend and did not know it had been debunked. Where was that posted so I can read up on it? tia

The proximity of the pinging so close to or at the Irwin home makes it unlikely, IMO, that a kidnapper or a cell phone thief was using DB's cell phone at that time. Picerno knows this isn't favorable to his clients, and that's why he made himself available to dispense hearsay when he did.

Any segment that will keep attention and pressure on those involved is good "news" to me. The minute the news stops and the pressure is off then the perps are off scott free.

You're right, of course, Elley - anything that keeps Lisa front and center is appreciated. Sorry if it came across that I thought otherwise; was just disappointed there wasn't anything new in the way of info.

Has anyone read or watched a video with a retraction or update from Fox News who put the story out in regards to the $300 bragging by Jersey?

Here's the original article and video from 11/18/11. I may have missed one..

http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/18/irwin-attorney-jersey-bragged-about-kidnapping-lisa/

I do hope they have or will be putting one out! It could lead the viewers, if not, imo. Some people are loyal to their news stations.

The proximity of the pinging so close to or at the Irwin home makes it unlikely, IMO, that a kidnapper or a cell phone thief was using DB's cell phone at that time. Picerno knows this isn't favorable to his clients, and that's why he made himself available to dispense hearsay when he did.

I know we've been talking ab out the pings for weeks now, but where did we get the ping information from? Did LE release it?

I know we've been talking ab out the pings for weeks now, but where did we get the ping information from? Did LE release it?

Actually, that information came from Pircerno. He said FBI told them this during their presentation. This is what makes me believe that most of what he said in the presser was probably the truth (in terms of what they were presented).

Actually, that information came from Pircerno. He said FBI told them this during their presentation. This is what makes me believe that most of what he said in the presser was probably the truth (in terms of what they were presented).

I thought we were discussing ping locations long before Picerno gave the interview about the FBI meeting.

I thought we were discussing ping locations long before Picerno gave the interview about the FBI meeting.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain the 'within 1/5 to 1/3rd radius' came out of the press conference.

I'll stand corrected though if that's not the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46