Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony: A Psychological Portrait by Keith Ablow, MD

I'm not sure if anyone knows about the other book that was published by a doctor who profiled Casey Anthony. My husband is reading that one while I finish JA's book. It's called “Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony,” by Keith Ablow, MD. We picked it up when I was buying JA's book in Chapters, it was right beside it. He said it's amazing.

I'm not sure if anyone knows about the other book that was published by a doctor who profiled Casey Anthony. My husband is reading that one while I finish JA's book. It's called “Inside the Mind of Casey Anthony,” by Keith Ablow, MD. We picked it up when I was buying JA's book in Chapters, it was right beside it. He said it's amazing.

I would love to hear your take on that one too. I know others here don't care for Dr. Ablow, much of it warranted, but I am still interested at looking at KC, and her unusual family, from all angles. Its just my nature and I have had a hard time seeing the situation of this family as springing from just KC. I know from personal experience that often times it takes generations and a multitude of factors to bring us to the person that is now KC. MOO of course. Thanks for sharing.

I hope you will post from it Oldsoul2 - it came out about the same time as the verdict and I read quite a few excerpts - a fascinating few pages but at that time I didn't think he even came close to describing either Casey or her family. Way too much emphasis on the dysfunction and not enough on OCA herself in terms of responsibility. So if I am mistaken - please post some goodies because I am always happy to be wrong.

Dr. Ablow was on Dr. Drew about the time of the verdict also - again - very airy comments on OCA that even raised Dr. Drew's eyebrows....and we know what a lightweight he is.

Wish you had seen the thread YnotDiveIn started about the book- she got zero response and shut it down. Could probably be convinced to reopen it if you think it is worthwhile....

No problem Frigga and logicalgirl, when I finish I will definitely post my thoughts. I bought JA's book more so to contribute to JA's quest to get the truth out and his desire to do right by Caylee since her own family won't. Not so much to rehash my utter disappointment and complete frustration in the verdict. I too am curious about what makes these people tick and to gain a perspective, even if it's from a doctor who is not well respected to understand places my mind obviously doesn't go and especially learning to beware of the existance of these types of people. I think I was blown away by a level of dysfunction that baffled me.

No problem Frigga and logicalgirl, when I finish I will definitely post my thoughts. I bought JA's book more so to contribute to JA's quest to get the truth out and his desire to do right by Caylee since her own family won't. Not so much to rehash my utter disappointment and complete frustration in the verdict. I too am curious about what makes these people tick and to gain a perspective, even if it's from a doctor who is not well respected to understand places my mind obviously doesn't go and especially learning to beware of the existance of these types of people. I think I was blown away by a level of dysfunction that baffled me.

Agree - so much of it is a chicken/egg argument. But I wish Dr. Ablow had met or spent some time with any of the Anthonys, which apparently he has not.

He also wrote a book on Scott Peterson, which was very interesting.

However, he says that George was at the foot of the bed when Caylee was born. Firstly, she was born in the hospital. The doctor is at the foot of the "bed" if you want to call it that. And George would not be there.

However, there is a mirror so that the mother can see everything; I guess this means George saw everything. So it is not far from the truth. What the $%# was George doing in the delivery room. Beyond dysfunctional family.

BUT, BUT, BUT this Author has come out against Chaz for her transgender situation and has been on tv numerous times telling people to ignore her and relating transgenderism to anorexia or heroin addition. This has nothing to do with his boo, but if you are going to read this author and I may, you want to know about him.

So there it is for you all. HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING.

Here's a recent interview with Dr. Ablow touting his new book...just click the fox news words in the video box

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/1291077230001/ablow-goes-inside-the-mind-of-casey-anthony/?playlist_id=162838[/ame]

He uses words like psychological assassin and soul murderers to speak of her parents and mainly CA....

Sigh....:innocent:

Couldn't say she was guilty IHO but her profile "certainly points to that".

He also wrote a book on Scott Peterson, which was very interesting.

However, he says that George was at the foot of the bed when Caylee was born. Firstly, she was born in the hospital. The doctor is at the foot of the "bed" if you want to call it that. And George would not be there.

However, there is a mirror so that the mother can see everything; I guess this means George saw everything. So it is not far from the truth. What the $%# was George doing in the delivery room. Beyond dysfunctional family.

BUT, BUT, BUT this Author has come out against Chaz for her transgender situation and has been on tv numerous times telling people to ignore her and relating transgenderism to anorexia or heroin addition. This has nothing to do with his boo, but if you are going to read this author and I may, you want to know about him.

So there it is for you all. HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING.

George either testified to this or I saw it on an interview but Cindy and Casey insisted. George looked uncomfortable even in the telling and said he did not want to be there. Not too many men would watch a birth in a mirror I think. I know I would not....even my own child...I can wait for the baby on the chest immediately afterwards...:innocent:

So he personally did an assessment with FCA? If not, his psychiatric opinions are worth about as much as the astrologers and psychics.

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I'm pretty sure I'm not buying this one.

Recently posted in Current Affairs by okiedokietoo - an outline of his book by Dr. Keith Ablow and his philosophy behind it....

There are no words for me.....well there are...but I would definitely deserve a T/O.....:furious:

I just saw this on Fox news myself. I read the article.

This is JMHO, and only MHO but that there is a bunch of bull stinky. Big ol' pile of bull stinky. But that's just my opinion. I rarely draw conclusions about a book before reading a book (I make a point not to) but after reading Mr. A's words...nah I'll pass on this book. JMHO

Recently posted in Current Affairs by okiedokietoo - an outline of his book by Dr. Keith Ablow and his philosophy behind it....

There are no words for me.....well there are...but I would definitely deserve a T/O.....:furious:
Any link between this so-called doctor and JB? I mean, other than, let's say, Geraldo?

I just saw this on Fox news myself. I read the article.

This is JMHO, and only MHO but that there is a bunch of bull stinky. Big ol' pile of bull stinky. But that's just my opinion. I rarely draw conclusions about a book before reading a book (I make a point not to) but after reading Mr. A's words...nah I'll pass on this book. JMHO

.............:silly: ................. You cracked me up! I was trying to practise restraint which comes very hard for me at times like this...and I agree a truck loads worth..:floorlaugh:

Any link between this so-called doctor and JB? I mean, other than, let's say, Geraldo?

He is a friend or classmate of Dr. Drew - but not sure of other connections. Not sure if he actually practises or if this is what he "does". Finds cases that get famous and writes a book?....:waitasec:

He is a friend or classmate of Dr. Drew - but not sure of other connections. Not sure if he actually practises or if this is what he "does". Finds cases that get famous and writes a book?....:waitasec:
...and didn't we know about this book ages ago?
Just interesting that FOX puts this cr@p out there. Has CNN discussed this at all?

I know and understand that some folks are fascinated by delving deeply into psychological mysteries and pondering them.

However, I think he is way way off the mark, and in his own way practically absolves OCA of this murder, laying the responsibility at CA's feet.

I say "carp" - I think she is a sociopath through and through and while some psychological delving early on in her life may have been helpful - and I stress the word "may" - I'm not convinced at this point it would have made any difference when OCA made up her mind to dispose of her daughter in her own ugly ugly way. Her behaviour post murder and her treatment or her friends and family after the fact leads me to believe counselling wouldn't have made a darned bit of difference except maybe sharpen her manipulative skills.:furious:

...and didn't we know about this book ages ago?
Just interesting that FOX puts this cr@p out there. Has CNN discussed this at all?

We did - within a week or so of the verdict he was on Dr. Drew pushing it. To give Dr. Drew his due, he was almost turning blue trying to be positive about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back